shape
carat
color
clarity

Holy Canoli !! My e -ring will be done Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Ok ladies, I''m freaking out here (in a very good way!)

The jeweler designing my ring had originally said that he needed 3-4 weeks after the wax was approved to create my ring....that meant he would start the platinum casting on or around 9/20. I figured it would be finished somewhere between Oct 18th-25th and after shipping would get here by the end of Oct (and what BF would do from there, who knows...)

Sooooo.... yesterday I was suffering from "ring withdrawal" ''cause during the whole process I''ve been in the loop, hear from Michael Devlin (the designer) a few times a week while we were working on the design & wax. Once the wax was done and he was ready to go to platinum, let''s face it- the he would have nothing more to tell me until it''s done..so I haven''t heard anything since the 20th....

Being the P.I.A. that I am I sent him an e-mail yesterday saying "no pressure, not looking to see when its going to be done, just saying hi!, thinking a lot about my ring, excited, blah, blah, blah...."

Last night he e-mails me back that the side stones have been set, a lot of polishing is complete, he''ll be setting my diamond tomorrow (Friday/today) and the ring should be ready to ship MONDAY!!!! That''s 2-3 weeks earlier than expected!!!
36.gif

I am having slight anxiety about the ring size- although I sent him a ring that fit really well it does have a slightly thinner mm band than my e-ring and I wonder if just a little larger (1/4 size) might be smart. In his e-mail he said doing a slight resize before he sets the stone today is possible & he was just checking to make sure I was cool with the fit- I told him to go just slightly larger for comfort.

Ok, now the torture.....having been involved in this from start to finish, plus the fact that we''re using my inherited diamond, BF hasn''t been able to factor in much suprise. Michael D asked if I wanted to see a photo before he shipped it and BF said NOPE, no photos for you!!!! & ship it to his parent''s house & it''s all up to him from there !!!! Ohhhh, the loss of control (insert fake tears & over-exaggerated hand-wringing here!)

Silly me, it really is fun to have that unexpected element involved...but we''ll see how I hold up under pressure!

Thanks for listening, everyone- just wanted to share my excitement!!!!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Fountainfairfax!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
So happy for you. Make sure it fits, don''t even get me started about sizing with my current issues. That baby is going to be gorgeous! Congrats!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooooooh DEEEELICIOUS! ((I''m in a similar boat: done early/no pix/no info/waiting & my pals have been telling me "Chill - you''ve had WAY more input than most folks get" ... but that old control monster has me in a tizzy too.))

Your ring is one of my fave favorites & I can''t wait to see the hand pix & hear the e. story. (Do you sketch it in your head & stare at your finger like I do, the shame)

Rube

Shiny_Rock
I am so excited for you! (And ME! I can''t WAIT to see this beautiful ring1)

Good luck waiting...
9.gif
9.gif

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
It truly is torture isnt it? I think my ring was done on Wednesday, I almost called the designer, but I didnt. We think that we want the element of surpirse, and we do, but after being so involved it is terribly difficult to stand on the sidelines. Two weeks, a month, whenever we get our rings isnt that long to wait, right? Then why does it seem like forever?

Hang in there!

widget

Ideal_Rock
FFF: How exciting!

I''m dying to see your finished ring...it truly is one of my favorites...I certainly hope your BF doesn''t dilly-dally with that proposal!

widget

Croí

Shiny_Rock

woo-hooo !!! oh, so excited for you !!! can''t wait to see it and hear the whole proposal story. hope he doesn''t torture you for too, too long !!

CONGRATS on making it one step closer !

*hug*
C

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
SOOOOOO torturously exciting!!!!! YAY! I hope he doesn''t make you wait too long...!! I would have begged and cried and pleaded till I got to see a picture of the ring.
11.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Can''t wait!! Congrats

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/30/2005 9:42:49 AM
Author: decodelighted

(Do you sketch it in your head & stare at your finger like I do, the shame)
Honey, I''ve shrunken down the color copy of the wax and taped it to the top of my finger....I''m VERY pathetic
3.gif

Thanks everyone for letting me share the pain- you all know that first I''ll say "YES" and then I''ll get my butt to a camera & a computer
9.gif
9.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Can I have photos then?
31.gif
I am simply losing it here! I kept having to tell myself it was wrong to bother you 18 times a day... I dont want to wait I want to see it! The skecthes and waxes seem like a tease now!
I am so excited for you!!!
9.gif
Oh I hope he does it soon!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
PS: Now I am craving canolis....and I am in AL....bad Miss FFF!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2005 11:51:19 AM
Author: fountainfairfax

Honey, I''ve shrunken down the color copy of the wax and taped it to the top of my finger....I''m VERY pathetic
3.gif

That is HILARIOUS!! OHHH, FFF, I can''t wait to see it!!! That wax (and the stone!!) are out of this world and it is going to be one of my faves, I know!!

(And Croi, goodness, girl, you always have the best emoticons!!)

9.gif
9.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

3.gif

Thanks everyone for letting me share the pain- you all know that first I''ll say ''YES'' and then I''ll get my butt to a camera & a computer
9.gif
9.gif
You could post those as hand pics...you know to tide us over.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Oh FFF,

I am so excited for you!!!
5.gif
I hope he doesn''t wait too long! I know exactly how you feel since I''m in the same situation. I''m pretty sure Sam has the ring. He''s just not asking me yet! It''s so frustrating and fun at the same time. Enjoy it while it lasts!

Did you start having ring nightmares yet? Hehehehe
9.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock

3.gif
HA! That''s great, has your bf caught you doing that yet?
9.gif

Can''t wait to see your ring!! I hope he doesnt make you wait too long!!!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Fountainfairfax,

I''m so excited for you. I was going temporarily insane waiting for my ring to arrive as well!

It''s like Christmas when you were a kid!

Stephanie

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yeah!!!

That is sssoooo exciting! You know I''ll need to see that fantastic creation in person!! He had BETTER NOT wait too long to propose
12.gif
9.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Its MONDAY! :) hhehehee.. I know, I know.. still has to ship, and then we have to wait for the guy to propose and all that jazz..
Its crazy.. a year ago.. it was me.. going insane. waiting for my fiance to propose.. We will be engaged a YEAR on October 20th.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/3/2005 1:40:23 PM
Author: MelissaSue
Its MONDAY! :) hhehehee.. I know, I know.. still has to ship, and then we have to wait for the guy to propose and all that jazz..
Its crazy.. a year ago.. it was me.. going insane. waiting for my fiance to propose.. We will be engaged a YEAR on October 20th.

I KNOW!!!!! Actually, the designer contacted me on Saturday as soon as he finished setting the center stone to tell me how beautiful it turned out! Sooooo, by this time next week BF will have it in his hands....I think he''s a little stumped for ideas right now- if I had to guess I''d say he''ll either do it on the 13th- which will be one year from our intended elopement date or on Halloween, his favorite holiday... either way, the waiting is going to kill me!!!!!
3.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Oh, how exciting, FFF!
36.gif
You must be in agony waiting! (though the suspense is kinda fun too...
2.gif
) I can''t wait to see your fabulous ring & hear the proposal story! Sounds like it''ll definitely be this month!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh I cannot wait to see that stunner! I am so excited for you Miss FFF! Your hand is going to look fabulous!

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Oh FFF, I cannot wait to see this ring!!! I hope he proposes on the 13th because I hate waiting hehe!

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Any chance your b/f can post pics before he gives it to you?
27.gif
If you PROMISE to not look?
19.gif

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
21.gif
I''m with Buena on this one. We need a fix!!!
30.gif

can''t wait to see your dream ring

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/3/2005 9:48:09 PM
Author: Buena Girl
27.gif
19.gif
He''s sitting on the couch right now, shaking his head and said "they''re just gonna have to wait, it ain''t gonna happen" He knows I have NO self control at all
3.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/3/2005 10:22:39 PM

Date: 10/3/2005 9:48:09 PM
Author: Buena Girl
27.gif
19.gif
He''s sitting on the couch right now, shaking his head and said ''they''re just gonna have to wait, it ain''t gonna happen'' He knows I have NO self control at all
3.gif
Who would? There''s NO WAY I would be able to resist "peeking"!!!!

I certainly hope he does it soon. He''s not only torturing you, FFF, but a whole slew of us PSers who are dying to see that finished ring!
3.gif

widget

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Any chance I can come by and sneak a peek?
31.gif
Just a couple few pictures....I keep double checking the SMTR forum and this thread just in case you have got your fabu creation.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results