shape
carat
color
clarity

He proposed!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sunmoon

Rough_Rock
Hi!

He proposed on Friday. It was just us, sweet and simple. I knew he was picking the ring and the poor thing couldn''t take the stress of waiting. We picked the diamond together and I picked the setting.

Is an asscher cut, 2.33 and in my eyes the most perfect diamond ever!

It was very difficult to take good pictures of the diamond and they really don''t do the ring justice

YAY! I''m so excited

Now let me try to attach some (not so good) pics

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! 2.23...that''s gotta be a nice lookin diamond! Show us the pics! =)

Sunmoon

Rough_Rock
Thanks! It looks huge to me

I thought I did, but I don''t know how to post pics!

Help?

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm I''m not sure because I''ve never attached a pic to this forum..but I''m guessing if you click the ''attach file'' button and browse for the location of the pic maybe that will work? Good luck!

lilmaria

Shiny_Rock
congratulations! try resizing the photo in your photo editor and then resaving it or rename it with a weird name, that may be the trick. enjoy!!!!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Show us! Show us!!! no fair teasing us!!! and CONGRATS on the engagement! can''t wait to see that ascher!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!! Your ring sounds so gorgeous, and I''d love to see pictures!

You do have to click on the "Attach File." You can only attach one at a time. If you get an error, it''s generally because there''s already a picture uploaded with that file name or because the file is over 100 KB. Before trying to post, right click on the picture then click on "Properties." It should tell you how large the file is. If it''s too large, right click on it again and click on "Edit." It will give you the picture in Paint. Go to "Image" then click on "Strech/skew." Play with the size, and keep saving it and then seeing if it''s small enough. This is all assuming that you''re working on a PC, by the way. I hope that this makes sense.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your engagement.
36.gif
Absolutely salivating here at the thought of seeing a 2.33 ct asscher...hope you get the picture posting figured out per the above directions!

ETA: also, name the file something unique - not just myring or whatever because the filename needs to be different than tha other files already uploaded.
1.gif

Sunmoon

Rough_Rock
Wow Blenheim, thanks!! I just learn something new and very useful.

Well, here it goes...

DSCN1404.JPG

Sunmoon

Rough_Rock
Ahem... a little too big, lets try this again. And sorry, the pics of the diamond are not too good

DSCN1401.JPG

Sunmoon

Rough_Rock
OK, that last one was better. This one is the most decent I have of the diamond. I don''t know why it has those specks, the stone is so very clear. One of our best friends (a guy by the way) was very impresed at how the diamond looks like you''re going "downstairs" in it.

DSCN1422.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Ahhhh, fab!! More pics, please!

cheers--Sharon

Sunmoon

Rough_Rock
Thanks indecisive, and yes, I''m absolutely mesmerized by the asscher!
30.gif

Is a thing of bea-u-ty!
18.gif

Sunmoon

Rough_Rock
Thanks Virginia. We were watching TV and he left for a second, when he came back he ask me :do you want this? and show me the ring he was wearing on his index finger. I just started lo laugh, I was happy and nervous.Then he went down on his knee and asked me. Let me tell you, this poor man has the hardest time surprising me, not because I''m nosy , without even trying I tend to figure out his surprises. I''m happy he did it like that, he was going to give himself a heart attack trying to plan an elaborate proposal.

He did surprise me for my 30th b-day and it was amazing.

Oh, and my wedding is almost completely planned, is on October 14th. We have done things kind of backwards
2.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!! and I love the "going downstairs" thing! That''s a good way to describe it, but only a man would say that! love it!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! Congratulations! Your ring is lovely.
1.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowza, what a gorgeous ring!! Congratulations on your engagement and your amazing ring. You must stare at it all the time now.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow! Congratulations and I think you are too funny. I am like that too...I sort of have this "sense" and so it is hard for people to surprise me. That is why my hubby, when we were dating, did everything to throw me off and was sure I still knew it all!!! We also had the hotel booked, with a deposit, before the formal engagement, I loved this hotel, it was my DREAM location and gets booked up so fast I grabbed a date...did not have the ring yet but knew it was coming. My dh (boyfriend at the time) thought it was a RIOT...

Give us details! Where is the wedding? I think it so gorgeous, that asscher...did you tell your friend it is called a step cut? I think it is like looking down from a high floor in a building with a huge staircase.

I think it looks incredible on your hand! Good luck...

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, a lovely huge asscher!

Congrats on your engagement!!!

Sunmoon

Rough_Rock
Thanks ladies!

Diamondfan, he was trying but I was a little impatient, so doing it in our apt with just us was perfect. Besides, there are many years ahead for surprises!!
Yes, I told my friend that it was a step cut and that''s what I love about the diamond, so I was very happy he noticed.

Gotta go to work and I''m wearing my ring!!!!

I even woke up earlier! I feel like first day of school with a new (veery expensive) lunch box,he,he
18.gif
!

jesterjigger

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! Lucky you...beautiful ring...good luck with whatever wedding details are left!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results