shape
carat
color
clarity

He proposed!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
First, a little background. I''ve been convinced that he didn''t have the ring yet and was planning on proposing sometime around May 15. (He had chosen a deadline of May 16.) He took his last exam of his college career today before driving up to Northern Virginia. I''m staying with my parents up here as I recover from back surgery, and his family lives fairly close by. He had asked me if I wanted to go look at rings Monday and Tuesday, and we''ve been talking about where we want to go and what kind of things we want to look at. (So of course he doesn''t have a ring, right?) He''s heading back to school on Wednesday for graduation and all of the stuff leading up to it. I had expressed concern that if we found something Tuesday, he wouldn''t have it in time to return to school. He pointed out that his parents are coming for graduation early, and could bring it for him. (And since he has all of this planned out, he couldn''t have the ring yet, right?)

The Proposal
He got to my house after dinner, and we decided to go for a walk. I was dressed in a tank top and a pair of running shorts. I soon started to get cold, and he gave me his button down to wear, which seriously went past my running shorts. (He had another shirt on.) We start to talk about where we''re going to go look at rings next week and what we''re going to look for. He then starts to ask me more specific information -- what do I think about an RB? What kind of settings do I like? At this point we are walking through a park near my house, and he stops, pulled out a ring box, and said, "What do you think of this one?" I ask him if he was serious. (Because I''m convinced that he doesn''t have a ring yet.) He says yes, opens the box, and tells me that he wants to spend the rest of my life with me and would I marry him? Of course I tell him yes.
9.gif

The Ring
My fiance left the GIA certificate at home and couldn''t remember everything offhand. The diamond is about 1/2 carat (he thinks he remembers 0.51 carats), near-colorless (G-H?), and looks eye clean. We think that we might have picked up on some fluorescence. It''s set in an x-prong yellow gold setting with split prongs. And it''s perfect!
30.gif
He''s going to look up more exact information tomorrow.

Other Assorted Things
I''m not sure if anybody remembers this, but I posted a while ago that he had forgotten what an x-prong setting is and I wasn''t sure if he was trying to confuse me or not. Well, it turned out that he actually had forgotten. When he went to the jeweler, he had to get out a pen and paper and sketch what he wanted.

We''re going to a horse race tomorrow, so I won''t be around to post almost all day. I had asked my fiance to bring up a couple of sundresses, and he brought up the perfect one that I hadn''t thought to ask for. I borrowed one of my great-grandmother''s hats from my parents, which perfectly matches the dress. I get to spend all of tomorrow with his family, which will be wonderful, plus I''ll be dressed up enough for my ring! (I felt a little bad wearing it in my running shorts and really long men''s shirt outfit.)

I had asked my fiance to bring my camera back from school, which he did. Unfortunately I forgot to ask him to bring the cord so I can transfer pictures to the computer. When we got home from the walk, we told my parents that he had proposed. After congratulating and hugging us, my dad ran to his room to get his camera. He got a hand-shot without my asking and without knowing that PSers always want handshots.
1.gif
I only have one for right now, though.

My fiance went by his parents'' house before coming to see me tonight, and had a pretty long talk with his mom. It turns out that he told her about Pricescope and my slight obsession. She got very excited, because her husband loves diamonds and she thinks he would love this site. He may be joining, who knows? Also, she has a much better digital camera than I do, and so we''re going to ask her to take a lot of pictures for us tomorrow.
1.gif

My fiance goes to the same college that my uncle graduated from. It''s really close to where I go to school. When I was about to start my freshman year, my uncle told me that I would find someone from his alma mater, fall in love with him, and get married. I blew him off at the time. I called him tonight, and asked if he remembered saying that. He did. I then told him that he was right.
1.gif

Wow this is getting really long. I''m going to leave you with my one handshot (for now), which really doesn''t do the ring justice.

MVC-581X.JPG

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG Blenheim--congrats!!!
36.gif
I''m so intensely happy for you! I have kept up with your posts, sorry for not responding much, but just wanted you to know I''m familiar with your story!

That is a beautiful ring, just simple and classic and absolutely lovely! You must be walking on air right now and thrilled to pieces! Well, I''m thrilled to pieces for you!

Congratulations on your engagement and I look forward to hearing even more about it, with many more pics to follow, hopefully!!!

Best wishes!
36.gif
35.gif

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, it''s beautiful! I love the story about your uncle''s prediction. Enjoy your first weekend as an engaged woman!

Selkie

E B

Ideal_Rock
Yay Blenheim! It''s beautiful! I LOVE the gold against your skin tone...they really, really compliment each other! You better come back with more pics and specs....promise?
30.gif

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Oh Blen I am so excited to hear the news. I did a double take when I saw the thread! CONGRATULATIONS! Can''t wait to see more ring pics I just love x-prong settings and yours looks just gorgeous! And what a sneak your boy was!

Rhapsody

Shiny_Rock
Congrats honey!! The ring looks beautiful on you
36.gif
Now you don''t have to wonder any more whether he has it, or read into the little things he says... or wonder whether stray ring boxes you come across have your engagement ring hidden in it
27.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Blenheim, CONGRATS to you and your guy! Now the wait is over and you can focus on other things! I think it is so great. Again, congrats and to many happy years together...

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
That just looks so perfect on your hand! Congratulations!!!!!

Remember you can''t give us too many pictures!!!
36.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Yay, Blenheim! I''m so happy for you! What a great weekend you''re about to have. Keep feeling better, too! I''m glad you were surprised! Don''t worry about not looking all dressy for the big moment. Most people aren''t. Your ring didn''t mind a bit, and neither did your guy, I''m sure! Yay! May is a great month, isn''t it?

Let me *yay* one more time! YAY!

9.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everybody!
9.gif
I''m just elated. I''ve been so giddy that I was only able to sleep about four hours last night.

I''m getting ready to go to the horse races. I just hope that my back holds up. I think I''m actually going to try to get to his house a little bit early so that he can find more information about the ring and we can take lots and lots of pictures! I''ll fill you all in later.

Yay!!!!
36.gif

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Sounds great! the ring looks beautiful!!!!!

M~

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
WWOOOOOHHHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
36.gif
This deserve a congratulatory Breakfast.....at Tiffany''s.
2.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Your ring is beautiful!!
30.gif

I''m snooping on my BF''s computer right now, so I''ll come back to read your story, I promise!
36.gif
9.gif

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Wow-- Congratulations!!!!! I so love that you were surprised boy these guys are getting sneaky around here!!! I can''t wait to hear more about your weekend and of course see more PICS! It''s beautiful and I''m just so happy for you
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

jen

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! We are all rooting for you....

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Blenhiem...that is awesome! Congrats your ring is fantastic!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!
Yay, Blenheim! So very excited for you!
9.gif

ETA: I've never been to a real horse race before, lucky! Good luck! Time to win some wedding money!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I love your ring! It looks really terrific on your hand. And of course congrats on becoming engaged!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Blenheim!!!! Your ring is gorgeous!!! Best wishes to you both!! What a happy time in your life, enjoy!! And keep feeling better!!
30.gif
36.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS, sweetie!!!! How wonderful--love the story, love that he fooled you, and really love your beautiful, classic ring!!! We can''t wait for more shots!

Woohoo!!

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations, Blenheim! I love your ring so much...how classy!

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!
That''s sure to help you heal.
How sweet is he!

Scintillating...

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Blen!! What a wonderful surprise, he really got you. I love the yellow gold on you too, and it''s right in style this season. Very classic look.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
blenheim you have the prettiest hands and nails, and now the prettiest ring to go with them! congratulations!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your engagement! What a nice surprise! He did great!!!
36.gif
The ring looks just divine and I would love to see some more pictures when you can tear yourself away from newly engaged bliss.
2.gif

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Blenheim!! I am SO happy for you!!!

ETA: Was it Gold Cup you went to?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results