shape
carat
color
clarity

He proposed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skylah

Shiny_Rock
Well, I thought there was no way I would be surprised but I was! Here''s the story...

I knew something was up last week when he said he would like to take me out to a nice dinner and to buy a new dress just because. Well...this is how Saturday went...

He picked me up at my apartment at 8AM on Saturday morning and he drove me to a half day of spa treatments at Burke Williams, including lunch. After that, he picked me up and we went to his apartment where I had some gorgeous flowers waiting for me. We got ready to go to dinner.

All dressed up and very excited, we walked to his car where he opened my door for me and took out a rose but would not let me get in. He took my hand and led me to the unexpected limo waiting for us. I know it may seem cheesy, but he did it because I never had a chasnce to go to prom, etc., and this was my first ride in a limo. Very cute.

As we drank champagne I hardly noticed the 45 minute ride to the Hotel Bel Air where we dined on amazing food and had even better service. He said we had one more stop and I thought, ok, he will propose at this other mystery spot. After dinner, we were sitting at our table finishing our wine when he walked up to me, got on one knee, and said the most amazing things and proposed. I couldn''t stop the tears and I think I only nodded because I was crying. I kissed him and the whole restaurant starting clapping for us. He finally said, "Uhm, A? I''m going to need a verbal response, please." I said "Yes!!!!" It was so wonderful!

Then, we got into the limo and I just wanted to go to his apartment to be with him when he said, "One more stop". Well, we pull up to his parents house and out jump my parents who live 400 miles away! His parents, my parents, ALL OF US, were laughing and crying and hugging one another. It was such a beautifully cheesy moment. I loved it!!! LOL!

Now, on to the ring. It''s a 2.02 carat RB, F color, SI1 (eye clean), ideal cut set in a Vatche platinum X-prong setting. I love love love it!
ERing2.jpg
hspace=5 align=baseline>
ERing1.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Skylah congratulations!!! What a great proposal and what a fabulous ring
36.gif
9.gif
It looks perfect on your finger!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
oh! How wonderful that he was able to include your parents! GORGEOUS RING!!

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
That sounds like such an amazing night!! And def not cheesy!! Congratulations on a gorgeous ring, and more importantly being engaged!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Aw... You''re proposal story got me all choked up...
face16.gif
Your fiancé is so sweet, and it''s so great that he arranged for your parents to be there!! And what a gorgeous ring!! Congratulations!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/13/2006 8:35:42 AM
Author: anchor31
Aw... You''re proposal story got me all choked up...
face16.gif
Me too!!!

Congratulations Skylah! What an amazing proposal...you''re fiance is very sweet!!!!!

OH I almost forgot, you''re ring is grogeous!!!!!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I was tearing up myself...

Congratulations! The proposal sounds so sweet, and it''s great that you could share it with your parents. I love your ring. It''s quite possibly my favorite setting.

Angela1977

Shiny_Rock
That''s a great story!!! Congratulations to both of you!!!!! You have the setting we''re looking at (almost!)...your ring is beautiful. I hardly have words for the whole experience...that''s something you''ll always be able to cherish.
30.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I love it! He made sure you got your nails done! And your parents were there? That is SO COOL!

And what a knockout ring! Wow! :)

CONGRATS!!!
36.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
it''s beautiful Skylah

mara54

Shiny_Rock
Wow, your ring is beautiful, looks lovely on your hand, and well the story of your engagement is so sweet. Sounds like you have a great guy. Congratulations on your engagement
emthup.gif

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
yay! congrats Skylah! The ring is GORGEOUS!! And the proposal story is so cute.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

caligal

Shiny_Rock
CONGRATS!
36.gif
Ah- you knew it was coming- what a wonderful proposal!

wedding_crasher

Rough_Rock
Wonderful story! Very romantic and I just LOVE the ring
30.gif
! Congratulations!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
What an absolute dream!!!!! I don''t think its cheesy but over the top romantic! Oh congradulations on the engagement and what stellar ring!!!!!!

ky6

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring! Sweet proposal...I teared up reading it. Congratulations.

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
This was so special to read...what an amazing proposal from a sensitive and romantic guy!
emrose.gif
You are one lucky and blessed lady! A special story, a story book romance, a knockout ring and stone...wow! Congrats!
emotion-5.gif

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
WOOO HOOOO!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

That is sooo romantic!
39.gif

Congratulations!

chickflick

Shiny_Rock
Oh, that''s a proposal worthy of a movie and a movie-star ring to go with it!! Congrats!!! It''s so sweet that he was able to surprise you, too. Hard to do when we''re constantly on the look for clues, isn''t it??

ello

Brilliant_Rock
It''s amazing! I love your ring - it''s beautiful - congratulations!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

What a cute story!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

The ring is AMAZING!!!
9.gif

Evie75

Shiny_Rock
didnt want to miss you.. Im making my rounds.... love your story.. Congratulations!!!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous. I love your story, but it is just way too early to be crying over my computer. It was so sweet. I got to the part about your parents and the tears just started. He sounds like a great guy. Congrats and best wishes to you both.

shay

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Your guy thought of everything!! How wonderful for you both -- congrats!
36.gif

jen

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I teared up too. That was the sweetest story. I love the limo, the dinner and then ending up to celebrate with both your families. The ring is gorgeous. Congratulations and best wishes to you both. Enjoy!!!!
36.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your engagement! The proposal sounded dreamy and the ring looks even dreamier! Gorgeous!!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
Congrats.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results