shape
carat
color
clarity

He Proposed!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Apollo

Rough_Rock
I''m engaged! Woohoo!
36.gif

Okay so I had to go to a bridal shower on Saturday, he went to help his parents house to move some stuff into storage. Little did I know that he was going to pick up the ring from the jeweler. He called me on his way home and asked me to make reservations for dinner. This is nothing out of the ordinary for us, seeing as how we eat out almost everynight. Anyway, I told him I wanted to go to Sol Grill in Newport Beach, we had gone there for Valentine''s Day last year. Surprisingly this is exactly the restaurant he wanted me to pick...weird huh?
So we went to dinner and it was really good, we just talked about work and random stuff. We decided not to order dessert, instead he suggested that we get some ice cream from a little store next door and walk down the board walk. So we did, and we were eating our ice cream and talking. I had his jacket on at this point because it was really cold. He asked me to get his cell phone so I reached in his pocket and felt....the ring box! I guess this was all part of his plan because at this point he asks me to walk on the sand down to the water. So we walked down close to the water, he turns me around says all the mushy stuff every girl wants to hear then gets down on one knee and pops the BIG question! Ahhhh, I''m crying, I''m trying to remember everything he''s saying and trying to choke out a yes! Finally I blurt out YES, YES! He puts the ring on my finger....and I am in love!
The thing about the ring is that I had no involvement in it at all! We went shopping a couple times just so I could give him an idea of what I like, but he did something completly different.
I''m going to post the a couple ring pics now and tell you guys the story behind it...

DSC00079_1.jpg

Apollo

Rough_Rock
Okay the above picture does no justice for the ring at all! It is so extremely white and sparkly in real life!

So my fiance (
31.gif
) had the ring pretty much custom made, he got everything right...except my ring size! Actually I think the jeweler forgot and then when FI picked it up he was so excited that even he forgot the check the size. So right it fits on my index finger, so thats why in some pics I''m wearing it in that finger. Anyway, I''m having it sized down tomorrow, how long does that take anyway? Does anyone know?

On with the ring story....The center diamond is the one FI bought, it''s 0.72/SI1/F color, the one on the right (in the pic below) was the diamond that was in his grandmother''s engagement ring (his grandparents have been married 65 YEARS!) and the one on the left is from her wedding ring. Both are 0.40/VS2/F&G in color. Then there are 52 tiny diamonds on the profile (is that the right word?) on each side for a total of 104.

So that''s it! I''ll try to post more pics later.

Apollo

Rough_Rock
Ooops! Couldn''t get the pic to post....trying again....

37439874.jpg

sweetcat

Rough_Rock
Congrats to both of you! You sound so happy I am glad you are off the list, good luck planning your wedding!
emlove.gif

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

YAY!

Congratulations. What a lovely story, and what a lovely ring!

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
Yay!!! Congrats!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

And what a beautiful ring - your fiance did an excellent job!

Evie75

Shiny_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

And I want more pics!!! That profile shot is AMAZING
30.gif
and I love that the sidestones were his grandmother''s!!! It''s GORGEOUS!!!
30.gif

caligal

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!!!
36.gif
That is just a beautiful ring- I LOVE all the diamonds on the basket area and esp. the fact that one was his grandma''s!
emthup.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!! Your ring is stunning. More pics please!!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

GGLW

Shiny_Rock
I love the detailing from the sides! Those diamond trellises are beautiful
30.gif

Congratulations on your engagement!

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
I love your ring!! Congratulations!
36.gif

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! The ring is so pretty and what a wonderful proposal!

squeaksluv

Shiny_Rock
That is so wonderful! Congrats! The ring is gorgeous and what a romantic and sweet proposal. You must be on cloud nine! I love how incorporated the old with the new into the ring.

Apollo

Rough_Rock
Thank you soooooo much to everyone for all their sweet comments. I''m probably being really rude by not posting a response sooner, but there''s been so many crazy changes at work that I feel like I haven''t even had time to enjoy my engagement!

Well, on Monday night we drove down to San Deigo where the jeweler is to get the ring size since he had forgot to do that before. It turns out the ring was a size 6.5 and i needed it sized down to 4.5. He said he couldn''t finish sizing that night, but that his son would be on Orange County the next day on diamond business and would personally deliver the ring to my house.
Well surprise, surprise....that didn''t happen
29.gif
I called my fiance practically in tears and told him that I didn''t where and how but that I wanted my ring tonight! So we ended up driving to Temecula to meet the jeweler and finally got my ring back!
36.gif

I can''t post more ring pics because I don''t have any. I think I need to buy a new camera because ours is soooo old.

Both of our families are sooooo excited. His mom bought me a stack of bridal magazines, his sister has a gift on the way and my family sent us a big bouqet of flowers. Oh! And when I went to tell my Vice President that I got engaged....he congratulated me and then gave me a big raise because he had noticied that I was working me butt off!

Well I gotta get back to work now (so stressful). I''m trying to enjoy being engaged before the planning starts. I think we''ve decided that the weddings (yes that''s plural) will be in January 2007.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Wow I love the side view of this ring. Congrats!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results