shape
carat
color
clarity

he asked my parents for permission!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JenStone

Shiny_Rock
This morning as I was getting ready for work my father knocked on my door (sadly, I still live at home as I''m saving money to buy a place). He NEVER does this in the morning so I was surprised and a bit worried that something bad had happened. However, when I opened the door he had a HUGE smile on his face and asked me to give him a hug.

23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

As you may know, I''m from a very traditional Asian family and my parents are hardly ever affectionate with me. So this was HUGE.

He then told me that my boyfriend had stopped by to ask for my hand in marriage. Although he sees my parents practically every day, he had dressed in a suit and tie and brought a fruit basket. My father, when he answered the door, was wearing his PJ''s and apparently ran into his room and changed into a suit as well (how cute is that?).

Needless to say, both my parents said "yes." My father even gave my boyfriend (through his limited English) some words of advice and his full blessing.
1.gif

I honestly can''t remember the last time I saw my father so happy - this really warmed my heart.
9.gif

P.S. - My mother said my boyfriend showed them the ring. She said it looks fantastic! I can''t wait until he proposes!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
wooohooo!!! it won''t be long now. it''s cute how he dressed up to ask permission. my dh proposed to me on vacation and asked my parents the night before we left, because he knows my mom has the biggest mouth. he kept saying i better go shower and finish packing after... i refused to go in the shower til like 1 am...thats when he went to ask them...my dad jumped up so happy in his underwear---
20.gif
...my mom told him welcome to the fam---we''re nuts...lol
9.gif

beachbound

Rough_Rock
Congratulations!!!! That''s so exciting! Obviously it won''t be too much longer... It''s also nice that your family is excited for you too!!!!!
36.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a wonderful surprise!! Your dad running to put on a suit is just too adorable.

Sounds like JenStone''s gonna be a "fiance" SOON!!!!!!
36.gif

JenStone

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone!

The funny thing is, my mother became angry that my father told me about it - she wanted to keep it a surprise! She told me not to let my boyfriend know that I know....and it''s been so hard!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Awww, that is so sweet, cute, and most of all exciting! You won''t have to wait much longer!

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
AWWWW how exciting!!!! That is definitely too cute! So happy for you and your family
36.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s so going to happen soon!! That''s so sweet that your dad ran up to change into his suit

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results