shape
carat
color
clarity

Have you already chosen a wedding date?

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
To my fellow LIWs - do you already know when your wedding will be? Not necessarily the exact date (or maybe some of you know that), but perhaps you're planning on a certain month and year? Have you agreed on this with your SO, or is this just what you would like?

And if you definitely know, have you already started to kinda sorta plan?

Would love to hear what everyone else is up to with the planning while patiently waiting :Up_to_something:.

Mashira

Brilliant_Rock
Out date will be September 18th, 2011.

We have already decided on it together and we've scouted out a few things like caterers and venues that book up quickly. We already have the caterer booked (which is mind boggling, even now!) and we found the reception venue and will probably book that in the next few weeks because they are already filling up for 2011!

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
Nope no idea : ) Ideally next summer, but that would mean he needs to propose like ASAP. That's not a possibility so.. : )

Anywhoo I feel like we'll need a full year to get ready for a wedding, so a year or so after he proposes.

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
I had a date picked out for next summer (June 11). But it's looking like we won't be able to get married by then, plus his cousin is getting married on June 4. So, we are thinking Summer of 2012 unless I decide to go for a spring date in 2012.

2011-2012 will be my first year of teaching and I'm afraid that I won't be able to take time off from work because that it is an extremely tough and busy year for teachers. If we do decide to have it in the spring, it will be on the first Saturday of Spring Break. Then we can honeymoon on spring break and I won't have to really take any time off, except maybe a few days before the wedding.

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
Well, no proposal yet so I haven't started any planning. I do however have a month in mind but no year. I'm hoping to have a May wedding. I love that time of year and it's the month of me and BFs anniversary.

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Nope. Maybe next fall (2011) sometime...? I really love the Midwest in the Fall so it'd be nice to get everything planned for then, but it may not work out.

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
Originally I was thinking August 4, 2012 but the weather may be too hot!

We do plan on it being somewhere May-Sept of 2012... since we want a nice wedding on a budget we are planning to see what slots they have trouble booking (once we find a venue) and try to get the best deal that way. After the engagement we will slowly start to look at things but right now the thought of it overwhelms me so I cant imagine how he would feel. I am really nervous about the actual wedding!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
11/11/11. It's easy to remember, plus it is Veteran's Day, and he's a vet.

peach_tea_for_me

Shiny_Rock
No date set. I've given the topic some thought of course. I would love to get married sometime next year between May and September. We haven't talked about what month we'd like to get married, so this is just my little daydream. I'm pretty sure it will be sometime 2011, early 2012 at the latest. We shall see...

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
We haven't yet, but I think it will be sometime in late spring to early fall of 2011.

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
Mashira - Wow, you guys are really on top of things! That will save you so much stress and hopefully you'll get to enjoy your engagement a little bit more.

Kagordo - You sound very easy going about it all, wish I could be more like that.

Mayflowers - Oh, what a bummer that you have to postpone for a whole year. That was an option we were considering as well, but I don't know how I would have handled it. And good luck with the teaching, hopefully you can still squeeze in all your wedding planning.

GrlsBestFriend - May is a beautiful time for a wedding! I wish we could have a May one, but our friends all got to it first.

Callisto - The midwest can be lovely in the fall, I love all the colors. Hopefully it will work out how you want.

Dawnabee - Are you worried about the planning or the actual wedding? I know I'm not looking forward to actually planning the very little I need to, so I can totally understand that. And since you have a long time to plan, I bet you'll be able to get some good deals.

Amc - Sounds perfect, congrats!

Peach Tea - Nothing wrong with dreaming, I feel like I've been stuck in wedding dreamland recently...

Shihtzulover - Oooo, that's sooner than most. Are you worried that you won't have a lot of time to plan?

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Autumnovember said:
I'm not a LIW anymore...October 1, 2011

I love October weddings! I always wanted to have one because the weather is simply perfect around here in October. But, like I said earlier, I will be teaching (as long as I can find a job!) when we get married so I won't be able to take that much time off in the middle of the school year. If I could, I would definitely have an October wedding!

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
We have tentatively discussed July 7th, 2012.

Part of me wants to do it on December 21st, 2012, so the theme of the wedding can be "I married my true love just hours before the world ended." The other part of me wants to do it tomorrow.

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
amc80 said:

heehee.. I wanted that day too.. but it's remembrance day. So that's not good. I want some special day that I can remember too.

No wedding date yet. I was hoping we can be married by late 2011 or early 2012.

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
Yes I am worried about the planning, but mostly about being with all those people at once!! I dont like big crowds and I have a ton of family that I would never leave out of the wedding.

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
Now I'm not so sure I wanted to know the answer to this question! We're looking at a date that is sooner rather than later, but I am terrible at actually pulling the trigger and committing. I'll choose what I like, but then sit on it for awhile before making it final. I don't think this bodes well for wedding planning :-o.

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
I wanted September because it has so much meaning to me, but... I think we may be doing beginning of October 2011. Thats the ideal date we wanted because we will be engaged by September of this year, and that would give us a good solid year of planning!

SweetPea-<3

Rough_Rock
For years, I've been singing that silly show tune in my head, "When you marry in June, you will always be a bride". At this point, that wouldn't leave much time for next year, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

For those of you who've never seen the classic "7 Brides for 7 Brothers", here's a link to the song "June Bride". I can't fathom dancing around in a corset like that. Thank goodness we LIWs have come a long way since then!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faQHDd1KEwg

DuckLovingVegan

Shiny_Rock
We want to keep the month our current anniversary is in which is July and we wanted in the summer also. I would love for it to be a little less than two years from now July 7 2012 the day my SO thinks is our anniversary. It's actually the 8th b/c he asked me to be his girlfriend after 12 a.m. so that makes it the next day. :twirl: Although I don't think it's going to happen that year because I won't graduate until Dec of next year 2011 then I have to pass my boards and get a job plus we want to get a house. It would more likely be July 2013 according to my timeline. I told SO about July 2012 he said we would see if I had a job but I'm not holding my breathe. Hopefully only three more years until we wed!

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
Sweet Pea - I'm 99.9% positive we're going for June next year, that's why I am fretting about the planning. I think I have a lot of things sorted out in my head, but actually booking before being engaged seems taboo to me. There really isn't a lot of time to plan between now and then, so I get what you're saying.

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
calibali said:
Kagordo - You sound very easy going about it all, wish I could be more like that.

Haha, I'm so high strung, I need to show this comment to SO (with your permission of course). I'm actually super guilty of micromanaging.

I just accepted at some point that SO is going to propose when he is ready. Then we'll get married about a year later, hey maybe less I'm open to anything.. Thank God for wedding planners : D

I am sort of impatient about getting my ring, haha. Regardless, I get to marry the most amazing man I know, and keep him forever and ever!

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
amc80 said:

SO is a vet too! What branch? We actually tossed this date around, and then we found out one of my sorority sisters is getting married this day.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
kagordo4 said:
amc80 said:

SO is a vet too! What branch? We actually tossed this date around, and then we found out one of my sorority sisters is getting married this day.

Marines. It is also one of my best friend's bday, and another good friend's husband's bday...so I'll get them a special cake or something.

paris29

Shiny_Rock
July 29th, 2011. That is the day we officially meet 5 years ago. But with all the drama with the guest list between us and my parents, we will probably elope sooner.

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
paris29 said:
July 29th, 2011. That is the day we officially meet 5 years ago. But with all the drama with the guest list between us and my parents, we will probably elope sooner.

Oh Paris, that would stink if you had to give up a date that is significant to you. I hope all the drama settles down and everything works out. If you decide to elope, where would you go?

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
amc80 said:
kagordo4 said:
amc80 said:

Marines. It is also one of my best friend's bday, and another good friend's husband's bday...so I'll get them a special cake or something.

Haha, too funny. SO is a retired Marine as well. Well forced retirement actually, he was medically discharged.

paris29

Shiny_Rock
calibali said:
Oh Paris, that would stink if you had to give up a date that is significant to you. I hope all the drama settles down and everything works out. If you decide to elope, where would you go?

I was finally able to get my parents to see our point of view. So it will be the both of our parents and FF's brother, 7 total. Trying to decided if we should have it here or in Hawaii still not sure. We are also thinking about a New Year's Day wedding. I just started a new thread about it. Would love to hear your opinion.

mariewest

Shiny_Rock
Well, since my SO hasn't proposed yet (and probably won't anytime soon), I'm thinking that we'll probably be getting married in 2012 if he proposes next yet. He's a teacher so we have to get married most likely when he is on a break. August 18th happens to fall on a Saturday that year and August 18th is also my parents anniversary. I thought it might be cool to get married on that date. I haven't told SO yet, so we'll see what he says when we get to that point.

entitledpearl22

Rough_Rock
Trade
My dear SO has a true hatred for heat. We live in Texas and the summers here can be brutal. Randomly about a year ago he and I noticed that our 5th anniversary would fall on a saturday (11-5-2011) of course we (well I) joked about how "interesting" that was and it was a running joke for a while.

So hopefully he will propose on or around our 4th anniversary so that we can wed on our 5th Saturday, November 5, 2011!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results