shape
carat
color
clarity

Gwen!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Totally not LIW topic - usually I find you here - but I thought you of you and J last night when I was eating a few straggler Peeps leftover from Easter. Then I thought about how funny it is that I now associate you with Peeps though we have never met. Funny what being on PS does to you after a bit of time!

How''s your wedding planning coming along??

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
HAHAHAHA!!! Oh my gosh, I can''t wait to tell J about you associating me with Peeps!! Hahah, he will laugh so much--probably about as much as I am right now!
3.gif
Too funny....that''s just too funny.
9.gif

Eh, wedding planning is sorta in the research stage at the moment. I didn''t even know for ages in which country we''d get married, so it wasn''t like I could hunt around for venues or anything beforehand (not sure I would''ve wanted to anyway), so now I''m just doing lots of searches to find out prices of places all over England. We''ll have a car soon (YAY!!!!!!!!!!) so then we''ll be able to go and tour some of the venues and make a choice. A couple of them have some special deals which are within or close to our (suspected) budget (suspected because we aren''t totally sure how much money we''ll have saved up)--we''re trying to keep it as inexpensive as possible, and our back-up plan is to just get married at the registry office and then go out for a nice meal afterwards, which J''s mom and sister both pooh-poohed, saying, "Oh no, it won''t come to that" and "Oh no, we can do better than THAT!" respectively. J''s mom also doesn''t want us to choose anywhere until we go up to see them for our engagement party and look at a few venues up near them. So, we''ll see what happens.
1.gif

What''s going on with you, honey? How''s everything? Can you believe it''s May already? I can''t, feels like yesterday it was just November (must be getting old).
2.gif

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhhh how exciting! I remember our wedding didn''t truly take on a life of its own until we had the venue. It''s almost like it took the venue to create the true inspiration behind where we were going to take the day. Of course we chose the place that gave us the most creative options while making sure our guest list was kept well in check!

Our friends are doing a DW Vegas wedding and I am slightly jealous of how relaxing their planning is compared to mine. I have a small army of very experienced friends behind me and I still have those awful wedding nightmares where I have a friend picking up my dress and she forgets to or some vendor doesn''t show up. I know in the end it will be fun no matter what because I am getting married but it''s still funny to me how much stress there can be. I honestly think wedding planners must have the secret to dealing with life - I can''t figure how they could cope with these worries day in and day out!

Congrats on getting a car! That''s very exciting and will make all the running around much easier. When is your engagement party?? That is so exciting! Are you close with J''s family?

Everything over here is good. Spending lots of time working which is great (lucky to have a job the way things are) but wears me out which means I don''t have a ton of energy for the wedding planning that needs to be completed. Luckily I got quite a bit done very early on in the game so I don''t have a HUGE list. Of course, there could be a 5 page list out there somewhere and I just haven''t seen it yet!

Time is flying! I think it does have something to do with getting older. I can''t belive it is my birthday this month at all. But I can tell you that the warmer spring/summer weather can NOT come fast enough here!!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2009 11:37:20 AM
Author: Keepingthefaith21
Ohhhh how exciting! I remember our wedding didn''t truly take on a life of its own until we had the venue. It''s almost like it took the venue to create the true inspiration behind where we were going to take the day. Of course we chose the place that gave us the most creative options while making sure our guest list was kept well in check!
Yeah, I''m waiting on a few things (like the dress) to see what sort of venue we get--like, one in the running is a Welsh castle, which would (probably) have a different sort of dress than if we do our back-up plan, which is just to get married at the registry office and then go out to a nice restaurant.
1.gif

Our friends are doing a DW Vegas wedding and I am slightly jealous of how relaxing their planning is compared to mine. I have a small army of very experienced friends behind me and I still have those awful wedding nightmares where I have a friend picking up my dress and she forgets to or some vendor doesn''t show up. I know in the end it will be fun no matter what because I am getting married but it''s still funny to me how much stress there can be. I honestly think wedding planners must have the secret to dealing with life - I can''t figure how they could cope with these worries day in and day out!
Yeah, I can''t imagine planning weddings for a living! One of my friends who got married a couple of years ago said she didn''t see what the big deal was and that she could totally do it all the time if she didn''t love being a teacher--totally thought she was bonkers! Why?! Why would anyone want to do that all the time?!
6.gif

Congrats on getting a car! That''s very exciting and will make all the running around much easier. When is your engagement party?? That is so exciting! Are you close with J''s family?
I can''t *wait* until we get the car--it is going to make such a difference! Not sure yet when our engagement party will be. Possibly a weekend towards the beginning of June? Or maybe the end of this month, when a friend will be in the country visiting us. Soonish, although not really all that close to our actual date of engagement. Whoops.
3.gif

Yeah, J''s family and I are reasonably close--especially with J''s mom, who''s gone out of her way to make me feel accepted and welcome in their family. They really are wonderful people, and I know (from reading some stories here on PS) that I am VERY fortunate that they are so great.
1.gif

Everything over here is good. Spending lots of time working which is great (lucky to have a job the way things are) but wears me out which means I don''t have a ton of energy for the wedding planning that needs to be completed. Luckily I got quite a bit done very early on in the game so I don''t have a HUGE list. Of course, there could be a 5 page list out there somewhere and I just haven''t seen it yet!
That''s good that you have lots done of your planning since you don''t have the energy to do much at the moment. It''s probably a bad sign that I''ve hardly done anything and feel tired of it already, hmm?
3.gif

Time is flying! I think it does have something to do with getting older. I can''t belive it is my birthday this month at all. But I can tell you that the warmer spring/summer weather can NOT come fast enough here!!
Oooh, your birthday? Yay! What day? We will have to throw a PS party for you, darlin''!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results