shape
carat
color
clarity

Fun Quiz-What''s your personality type?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KatM

Shiny_Rock
What''s your personality type?

I thought it would be interesting to see how the personality types here match up to the general population. For example, when I was doing my social work coursework, a personality type that usually showed up ~1-2% of the time in the general population showed up in ~40-50% of my classmates.

If you can, get SO to take it and see how you two match up! On the results page there will be a couple of links where you can find out more about your type, along with famous people who share your type. Does it sound right? All wrong and out of left field?

KatM

Shiny_Rock
I''ll start!

I got INFJ

Counselors have an exceptionally strong desire to contribute to the welfare of others, and find great personal fulfillment interacting with people, nurturing their personal development, guiding them to realize their human potential. Although they are happy working at jobs (such as writing) that require solitude and close attention, Counselors do quite well with individuals or groups of people, provided that the personal interactions are not superficial, and that they find some quiet, private time every now and then to recharge their batteries. Counselors are both kind and positive in their handling of others; they are great listeners and seem naturally interested in helping people with their personal problems. Not usually visible leaders, Counselors prefer to work intensely with those close to them, especially on a one-to-one basis, quietly exerting their influence behind the scenes.

Counselors are scarce, little more than one percent of the population, and can be hard to get to know, since they tend not to share their innermost thoughts or their powerful emotional reactions except with their loved ones. They are highly private people, with an unusually rich, complicated inner life. Friends or colleagues who have known them for years may find sides emerging which come as a surprise. Not that Counselors are flighty or scattered; they value their integrity a great deal, but they have mysterious, intricately woven personalities which sometimes puzzle even them.

Counselors tend to work effectively in organizations. They value staff harmony and make every effort to help an organization run smoothly and pleasantly. They understand and use human systems creatively, and are good at consulting and cooperating with others. As employees or employers, Counselors are concerned with people''s feelings and are able to act as a barometer of the feelings within the organization.

Blessed with vivid imaginations, Counselors are often seen as the most poetical of all the types, and in fact they use a lot of poetic imagery in their everyday language. Their great talent for language-both written and spoken-is usually directed toward communicating with people in a personalized way. Counselors are highly intuitive and can recognize another''s emotions or intentions - good or evil - even before that person is aware of them. Counselors themselves can seldom tell how they came to read others'' feelings so keenly. This extreme sensitivity to others could very well be the basis of the Counselor''s remarkable ability to experience a whole array of psychic phenomena.

Sounds about right for me, though it does go a little too heavy into caring about other people''s feelings. I care, but I''m not quite as intense as the article would make it seem. The part about knowing things before anyone else does is definitely true, though I think it''s because I''m just generally more observant.

I got SO to take it (rolling his eyes the entire time, lol) and he got almost the opposite that I did. He''s the Napoleon to my Ghandi.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I took this in college and just now again (not knowing what it was). Same result. ENTJ, but the E (extroverted) is very borderline to I (introverted), which I think is consistent with my personality.

Of the four aspects of strategic analysis and definition it is marshaling or situational organizing role that reaches the highest development in the Fieldmarshal. As this kind of role is practiced some contingency organizing is necessary, so that the second suit of the Fieldmarshal's intellect is devising contingency plans. Structural and functional engineering, though practiced in some degree in the course of organizational operations, tend to be not nearly as well developed and are soon outstripped by the rapidly growing skills in organizing. But it must be said that any kind of strategic exercise tends to bring added strength to engineering as well as organizing skills.

Hardly more than two percent of the total population, Fieldmarshals are bound to lead others, and from an early age they can be observed taking command of groups. In some cases, they simply find themselves in charge of groups, and are mystified as to how this happened. But the reason is that they have a strong natural urge to give structure and direction wherever they are - to harness people in the field and to direct them to achieve distant goals. They resemble Supervisors in their tendency to establish plans for a task, enterprise, or organization, but Fieldmarshals search more for policy and goals than for regulations and procedures.

They cannot not build organizations, and cannot not push to implement their goals. When in charge of an organization, whether in the military, business, education, or government, Fieldmarshals more than any other type desire (and generally have the ability) to visualize where the organization is going, and they seem able to communicate that vision to others. Their organizational and coordinating skills tends to be highly developed, which means that they are likely to be good at systematizing, ordering priorities, generalizing, summarizing, at marshaling evidence, and at demonstrating their ideas. Their ability to organize, however, may be more highly developed than their ability to analyze, and the Fieldmarshal leader may need to turn to an Inventor or Architect to provide this kind of input.

Fieldmarshals will usually rise to positions of responsibility and enjoy being executives. They are tireless in their devotion to their jobs and can easily block out other areas of life for the sake of their work. Superb administrators in any field - medicine, law, business, education, government, the military - Fieldmarshals organize their units into smooth-functioning systems, planning in advance, keeping both short-term and long-range objectives well in mind. For the Fieldmarshal, there must always be a goal-directed reason for doing anything, and people's feelings usually are not sufficient reason. They prefer decisions to be based on impersonal data, want to work from well thought-out plans, like to use engineered operations - and they expect others to follow suit. They are ever intent on reducing bureaucratic red tape, task redundancy, and aimless confusion in the workplace, and they are willing to dismiss employees who cannot get with the program and increase their efficiency. Although Fieldmarshals are tolerant of established procedures, they can and will abandon any procedure when it can be shown to be ineffective in accomplishing its goal. Fieldmarshals root out and reject ineffectiveness and inefficiency, and are impatient with repetition of error.

Hillary Clinton, Napoleon, Margret Thatcher, Carl Sagan, Bill Gates, Golda Meir, Edward Teller, George Benard Shaw, and General George C. Marshall are examples of Rational Fieldmarshals.

That sounds right to me. I'm going to get my FI to take the test, too. I think he's an inventor, but we will see. I think this sentence from above would make a lot of sense for our relationship: Their ability to organize, however, may be more highly developed than their ability to analyze, and the Fieldmarshal leader may need to turn to an Inventor or Architect to provide this kind of input.

LilyOfTheValley

Shiny_Rock
I am ENTP: Extroverted-iNtuitive-Thinking-Perceiving

Extraverted Intuition with Introverted Thinking

I''m the "Visionary," "Innovator," etc.

I won''t bore you with all the details, but I''d say that, growing up and even now, my actions, thoughts, and opinions have always been viewed as "controversial" by many other people.

Here is a short description:

ENTPs are known for their quest of the novel and complex. They have faith in their ability to improvise and to overcome any challenges that they face. They are highly independent, and value adaptability and innovation. They may be several steps ahead of others in encouraging and valuing change. They hate uninspired routine and resist hierarchical and bureaucratic structures that are not functional. They need freedom for action.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I''m a Fieldmarshal (ENTJ) [Now there''s a surprise! Any one of my people could have told you that without the test. ROTFL!]

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m INTP-an Architect. I think it''s spot on, too. Interesting!

"Architects are rare - maybe one percent of the population - and show the greatest precision in thought and speech of all the types. They tend to see distinctions and inconsistencies instantaneously, and can detect contradictions no matter when or where they were made. It is difficult for an Architect to listen to nonsense, even in a casual conversation, without pointing out the speaker''s error. And in any serious discussion or debate Architects are devastating, their skill in framing arguments giving them an enormous advantage. Architects regard all discussions as a search for understanding, and believe their function is to eliminate inconsistencies, which can make communication with them an uncomfortable experience for many.

Ruthless pragmatists about ideas, and insatiably curious, Architects are driven to find the most efficient means to their ends, and they will learn in any manner and degree they can. They will listen to amateurs if their ideas are useful, and will ignore the experts if theirs are not. Authority derived from office, credential, or celebrity does not impress them. Architects are interested only in what make sense, and thus only statements that are consistent and coherent carry any weight with them.

Architects often seem difficult to know. They are inclined to be shy except with close friends, and their reserve is difficult to penetrate. Able to concentrate better than any other type, they prefer to work quietly at their computers or drafting tables, and often alone. Architects also become obsessed with analysis, and this can seem to shut others out. Once caught up in a thought process, Architects close off and persevere until they comprehend the issue in all its complexity. Architects prize intelligence, and with their grand desire to grasp the structure of the universe, they can seem arrogant and may show impatience with others who have less ability, or who are less driven."

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
I''m ISTJ (Inroverted Sensing Thinking Judging) - Inspector.
ISTJs are often called inspectors. They have a keen sense of right and wrong, especially in their area of interest and/or responsibility.The secretary, clerk, or business(wo)man by whom others set their clocks is likely to be an ISTJ.
As do other Introverted Thinkers, ISTJs often give the initial impression of being aloof and perhaps somewhat cold. Effusive expression of emotional warmth is not something that ISTJs do without considerable energy loss. (lol You don''t say! Just ask DH!)
They usually keep their feelings to themselves unless they are asked. And when asked, they don''t mince words. Truth wins out over tact.
17.gif

LilyOfTheValley

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 12:03:34 PM
Author: thing2of2
I''m INTP-an Architect. I think it''s spot on, too. Interesting!

''Architects are rare - maybe one percent of the population - and show the greatest precision in thought and speech of all the types. They tend to see distinctions and inconsistencies instantaneously, and can detect contradictions no matter when or where they were made. It is difficult for an Architect to listen to nonsense, even in a casual conversation, without pointing out the speaker''s error. And in any serious discussion or debate Architects are devastating, their skill in framing arguments giving them an enormous advantage. Architects regard all discussions as a search for understanding, and believe their function is to eliminate inconsistencies, which can make communication with them an uncomfortable experience for many.

Ruthless pragmatists about ideas, and insatiably curious, Architects are driven to find the most efficient means to their ends, and they will learn in any manner and degree they can. They will listen to amateurs if their ideas are useful, and will ignore the experts if theirs are not. Authority derived from office, credential, or celebrity does not impress them. Architects are interested only in what make sense, and thus only statements that are consistent and coherent carry any weight with them.

Architects often seem difficult to know. They are inclined to be shy except with close friends, and their reserve is difficult to penetrate. Able to concentrate better than any other type, they prefer to work quietly at their computers or drafting tables, and often alone. Architects also become obsessed with analysis, and this can seem to shut others out. Once caught up in a thought process, Architects close off and persevere until they comprehend the issue in all its complexity. Architects prize intelligence, and with their grand desire to grasp the structure of the universe, they can seem arrogant and may show impatience with others who have less ability, or who are less driven.''
Hey, we''re pretty close! I''m an ENTP -- the extroverted version of you. LOL
36.gif

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Hmm, I''m an ENFP

# moderately expressed extravert
# moderately expressed intuitive personality
# moderately expressed feeling personality
# moderately expressed perceiving personality

Idealist Portrait of the Champion (ENFP)

Like the other Idealists, Champions are rather rare, say two or three percent of the population, but even more than the others they consider intense emotional experiences as being vital to a full life. Champions have a wide range and variety of emotions, and a great passion for novelty.

They see life as an exciting drama, pregnant with possibilities for both good and evil, and they want to experience all the meaningful events and fascinating people in the world. The most outgoing of the Idealists, Champions often can''t wait to tell others of their extraordinary experiences. Champions can be tireless in talking with others, like fountains that bubble and splash, spilling over their own words to get it all out.

And usually this is not simple storytelling; Champions often speak (or write) in the hope of revealing some truth about human experience, or of motivating others with their powerful convictions. Their strong drive to speak out on issues and events, along with their boundless enthusiasm and natural talent with language, makes them the most vivacious and inspiring of all the types.

Somehow, this personality type makes me feel exhausted! Maybe I should take the test again, and see if I get more laid-back...
1.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
ISFJ

slightly expressed introvert
moderately expressed sensing personality
moderately expressed feeling personality
moderately expressed judging personality

Guardian™ Portrait of the Protector (ISFJ)
We are lucky that Protectors make up as much as ten percent the population, because their primary interest is in the safety and security of those they care about - their family, their circle of friends, their students, their patients, their boss, their fellow-workers, or their employees. Protectors have an extraordinary sense of loyalty and responsibility in their makeup, and seem fulfilled in the degree they can shield others from the dirt and dangers of the world. Speculating and experimenting do not intrigue Protectors, who prefer to make do with time-honored and time-tested products and procedures rather than change to new. At work Protectors are seldom happy in situations where the rules are constantly changing, or where long-established ways of doing things are not respected. For their part, Protectors value tradition, both in the culture and in their family. Protectors believe deeply in the stability of social ranking conferred by birth, titles, offices, and credentials. And they cherish family history and enjoy caring for family property, from houses to heirlooms.

Wanting to be of service to others, Protectors find great satisfaction in assisting the downtrodden, and can deal with disability and neediness in others better than any other type. They are not as outgoing and talkative as the Provider Guardians [ESFJs], and their shyness is often misjudged as stiffness, even coldness, when in truth Protectors are warm-hearted and sympathetic, giving happily of themselves to those in need.

Their reserve ought really to be seen as an expression of their sincerity and seriousness of purpose. The most diligent of all the types, Protectors are willing to work long, hard hours quietly doing all the thankless jobs that others manage to avoid. Protectors are quite happy working alone; in fact, in positions of authority they may try to do everything themselves rather than direct others to get the job done. Thoroughness and frugality are also virtues for them. When Protectors undertake a task, they will complete it if humanly possible. They also know better than any other type the value of a dollar, and they abhor the squandering or misuse of money. To save, to put something aside against an unpredictable future, to prepare for emergencies-these are actions near and dear to the Protector''s heart. For all these reasons, Protectors are frequently overworked, just as they are frequently misunderstood and undervalued. Their contributions, and also their economies, are often taken for granted, and they rarely get the gratitude they deserve.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
I''m an ESFJ - A Provider

[*]slightly expressed extravert

[*]moderately expressed sensing personality

[*]distinctively expressed feeling personality

[*]moderately expressed judging personality

some highlights that I completely agree with (althought there wasn''t anything that I didn''t agree with):

Providers take it upon themselves to insure the health and welfare of those in their care, but they are also the most sociable of all the Guardians, and thus are the great nurturers of social institutions such as schools, churches, social clubs, and civic groups.

And they are outstanding hosts or hostesses, knowing everyone by name, and seemingly aware of what everyone''s been doing. Providers love to entertain, and are always concerned about the needs of their guests, wanting to make sure that all are involved and provided for.

Providers are extremely sensitive to the feelings of others, which makes them perhaps the most sympathetic of all the types, but which also leaves them somewhat self-conscious, that is, highly sensitive to what others think of them. Loving and affectionate themselves, they need to be loved in return. In fact, Providers can be crushed by personal criticism, and are happiest when given ample appreciation both for themselves personally and for the tireless service they give to others.

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
ISFJ

very expressed introvert

slightly expressed sensing personality

distinctively expressed feeling personality

moderately expressed judging personality

I thought this was very interesting and pretty accurate.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve taken this before, and I took it one of my Sociology classes last week.

I''m an INFJ.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
56 62 50 11
Apparently I am a teacher! hehehe

Even more than the other Idealists, Teachers have a natural talent for leading students or trainees toward learning, or as Idealists like to think of it, they are capable of calling forth each learner''s potentials. Teachers (around two percent of the population) are able - effortlessly, it seems, and almost endlessly-to dream up fascinating learning activities for their students to engage in. In some Teachers, this ability to fire the imagination can amount to a kind of genius which other types find hard to emulate. But perhaps their greatest strength lies in their belief in their students. Teachers look for the best in their students, and communicate clearly that each one has untold potential, and this confidence can inspire their students to grow and develop more than they ever thought possible.
In whatever field they choose, Teachers consider people their highest priority, and they instinctively communicate personal concern and a willingness to become involved. Warmly outgoing, and perhaps the most expressive of all the types, Teachers are remarkably good with language, especially when communicating in speech, face to face. And they do not hesitate to speak out and let their feelings be known. Bubbling with enthusiasm, Teachers will voice their passions with dramatic flourish, and can, with practice, become charismatic public speakers. This verbal ability gives Teachers a good deal of influence in groups, and they are often asked to take a leadership role.
Teachers like things settled and organized, and will schedule their work hours and social engagements well ahead of time-and they are absolutely trustworthy in honoring these commitments. Valuing as they do interpersonal cooperation and harmonious relations, Teachers are extraordinarily tolerant of others, are easy to get along with, and are usually popular wherever they are.
Teachers are highly sensitive to others, which is to say their intuition tends to be well developed. Certainly their insight into themselves and others is unparalleled. Without a doubt, they know what is going on inside themselves, and they can read other people with uncanny accuracy. Teachers also identify with others quite easily, and will actually find themselves picking up the characteristics, emotions, and beliefs of those around them. Because they slip almost unconsciously into other people''s skin in this way, Teachers feel closely connected with those around them, and thus show a sincere interest in the joys and problems of their employees, colleagues, students, clients, and loved ones.
Mikhail Gorbachev, Oprah Winfrey, Pope John Paul II, Ralph Nader, John Wooden, and Margaret Mead are examples of Teacher Idealists.

Apparently I would be good at counselling or psychology or education- which is great cause I am in Psych!

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
I''m INFJ. Seems about right. I''ll be an actual counselor (MSW) in a matter of months.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve taken various versions of the MB before and each time I tested as XNFJ or ENFJ. I think I''m more X - meaning I truly am dead center on the introversion/extroversion scale. The rest remains the same. If you wanted to class me though, probably ENFJ. The hubs is ISTP. What is it about opposites attract?
2.gif

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
I got INFJ.

Atleast I now i''m working towards the right career- I''m studying psychology
1.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I did this ages ago but I am an ENFJ

Idealist Portrait of the Teacher (ENFJ)

Even more than the other Idealists, Teachers have a natural talent for leading students or trainees toward learning, or as Idealists like to think of it, they are capable of calling forth each learner''s potentials. Teachers (around two percent of the population) are able - effortlessly, it seems, and almost endlessly-to dream up fascinating learning activities for their students to engage in. In some Teachers, this ability to fire the imagination can amount to a kind of genius which other types find hard to emulate. But perhaps their greatest strength lies in their belief in their students. Teachers look for the best in their students, and communicate clearly that each one has untold potential, and this confidence can inspire their students to grow and develop more than they ever thought possible.

In whatever field they choose, Teachers consider people their highest priority, and they instinctively communicate personal concern and a willingness to become involved. Warmly outgoing, and perhaps the most expressive of all the types, Teachers are remarkably good with language, especially when communicating in speech, face to face. And they do not hesitate to speak out and let their feelings be known. Bubbling with enthusiasm, Teachers will voice their passions with dramatic flourish, and can, with practice, become charismatic public speakers. This verbal ability gives Teachers a good deal of influence in groups, and they are often asked to take a leadership role.

Teachers like things settled and organized, and will schedule their work hours and social engagements well ahead of time-and they are absolutely trustworthy in honoring these commitments. Valuing as they do interpersonal cooperation and harmonious relations, Teachers are extraordinarily tolerant of others, are easy to get along with, and are usually popular wherever they are.

Teachers are highly sensitive to others, which is to say their intuition tends to be well developed. Certainly their insight into themselves and others is unparalleled. Without a doubt, they know what is going on inside themselves, and they can read other people with uncanny accuracy. Teachers also identify with others quite easily, and will actually find themselves picking up the characteristics, emotions, and beliefs of those around them. Because they slip almost unconsciously into other people''s skin in this way, Teachers feel closely connected with those around them, and thus show a sincere interest in the joys and problems of their employees, colleagues, students, clients, and loved ones.

Mikhail Gorbachev, Oprah Winfrey, Pope John Paul II, Ralph Nader, John Wooden, and Margaret Mead are examples of Teacher Idealists.

Funnily enough all my life I wanted to be a teacher and studied that at Uni but am still to complete the degree - this is actually a good summation of my personality and the first paragraph would sum up my teaching style ;-).

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
I got ISFJ (Introverted- 67%, Sensing-25%, Feeling-62%, Judging-1%)

I seem to be like George W. Bush and Mother Theresa.
3.gif
2.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
um - so how bad is it that i dont have the attention span this morning to even complete the quiz
23.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I''m an ENFJ. Strong on the E and J, very borderline on the N and F.

I always love taking these! It''s especially interesting to see how things change over time -- when I took the test 4 years ago, I was an ENTJ.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
interesting--i am ISTJ, but all moderately.

What''s the rule of thumb in terms of your SO--should they be the same or opposite in terms of a "good match"?

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I'm a ENFJ= Extraverted 1%, Intuitive 12%, Feeling 62%, Judging 1%

ENFJs are the benevolent 'pedagogues' of humanity. They have tremendous charisma by which many are drawn into their nurturant tutelage and/or grand schemes. Many ENFJs have tremendous power to manipulate others with their phenomenal interpersonal skills and unique salesmanship. But it's usually not meant as manipulation -- ENFJs generally believe in their dreams, and see themselves as helpers and enablers, which they usually are.

ENFJs are global learners. They see the big picture. The ENFJs focus is expansive. Some can juggle an amazing number of responsibilities or projects simultaneously. Many ENFJs have tremendous entrepreneurial ability.

ENFJs are, by definition, Js, with whom we associate organization and decisiveness. But they don't resemble the SJs or even the NTJs in organization of the environment nor occasional recalcitrance. ENFJs are organized in the arena of interpersonal affairs. Their offices may or may not be cluttered, but their conclusions (reached through feelings) about people and motives are drawn much more quickly and are more resilient than those of their NFP counterparts.

ENFJs know and appreciate people. Like most NFs, (and Feelers in general), they are apt to neglect themselves and their own needs for the needs of others. They have thinner psychological boundaries than most, and are at risk for being hurt or even abused by less sensitive people. ENFJs often take on more of the burdens of others than they can bear.

Famous people:
Bill Clinton, Tony Blair, Clara Barton (Founder of the American Red Cross), Ronald Reagan

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
I''m an ENFP! =)

You are:
distinctively expressed extravert

moderately expressed intuitive personality

distinctively expressed feeling personality

moderately expressed perceiving personality

Fleur_de_Lis

Shiny_Rock
For me...

Introverted 78%
Intuitive 38%
Thinking 100%
Judging 78%

I'm the mastermind temperament and my sweetie pie is the protector. Very true.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
INTJ - the mastermind

That is the same one I got when my Mom did the full test on me when I was 16. Guess personality does stay fixed.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 9:08:12 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
INTJ - the mastermind

That is the same one I got when my Mom did the full test on me when I was 16. Guess personality does stay fixed.

Ditto - I''ve taken it at least 4 times since college, and have always gotten the same result
3.gif

I think there have been other threads about Myers-Briggs on PS before - there was an over-representation of certain personality types that were supposedly rare in the general population.

AllieGator

Shiny_Rock
I''m an ENFP--an "Idealist Champion". My boyfriend read the description, and said it was spot on.

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
ENTJ here...fieldmarshal.

Funny - when I clicked on the career link, most them are ones I''ve either done or contemplated doing!!!!

But, I''m not too happy about Joe Butt''s initial quote...
"I don''t care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can''t control it, why look?"

Yes, I love to control...but I DO love to look out windows on airplanes. I *always* choose window seats. Hmmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results