shape
carat
color
clarity

Friend (or friend''s fiance?) lying about diamond size

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
What an awkward situation. That would drive me nuts. I don''t really think that info should just be offered up anyway, and then if its clearly wrong that is even worse. I haven''t told anyone how big my ring is, except maybe my mom and that is just from showing her the link.

If her FI lied, I hope for his sake she never finds out. What a way to start a life together! Be proud of what you have, I am sure he worked hard to give it to her and it means a lot, regardless of size.

supergirl10

Shiny_Rock
wow your are so right ... akward. I mean if it looked like .80 carrot and she said it was 1 carrot then i guess you could put it down to bigger ring size, larger fingers ect.

If you feel really strongly about her getting hurt eventually i would do what other posters suggested ... and recommend she get it appraised. Otherwise, just keep quite like you wanted to.

I had a friend (who also knows nothing about jewellery) tell me one of her friends got engaged and has a brightly coloured pink diamond. This friend showed my friend the stone was which was a reasonable size (from what i can remember ~ .3 - .5 carrots) and was purchased from a store (not online) and cost $4000. And my reaction was the same ... um not possible! I felt bad for the girl because either a) her poor fiance had been ripped off bigtime when he purchased stone or ... b) he has lied and told he it was a pink diamond and it was actually a sapphire or something??

The same could apply to your friend ... maybe her fiance thinks he purchased a 1crt!!!

I just had to add i have NEVER told anyone my carrot size, i would never volunteer that information. I actually had someone ask and i just brushed it off ... totaly rude and NONE of their business

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
If it's say, close to a .55 or .60, maybe she meant to say just over a HALF carat? One of my best GF's knows nothing about diamonds and I could totally see her mis-speaking about the size in that way, etc., so that's what hit me at first about your friend...if she's not familiar with diamonds, maybe she simply conveyed the size wrong.

happydreams

Shiny_Rock
Is she the type that lies? some people are weird about that! i once worked with a girl that was a serial liar and insisted that hers was a tiffany but they couldn''t inscribe it in the ring b/c the band was "too small".

oh...and i wouldn''t say anything. very awkward.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results