shape
carat
color
clarity

Fortune Cookie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Starry-eyed

Rough_Rock
So I know this might sound silly, but I thought I''d share anyway...

It''s been a hectic week at work and I decided to get take out for lunch today instead of bringing something (because hey-- it''s Friday!) Anyway, I ordered Chinese take out and after I ate, I ready my cookie''s fortune, which said: Remember three months from this date. Good things are in store for you.

I wrote today''s date on it and put it in my wallet for safe keeping. I''m crossing my fingers on that one. Thanks for humoring me in reading this :)

-Lauren

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hey, you never know!
31.gif

Starry-eyed

Rough_Rock
Ha thanks, Winks_elf-- with all the weird behavior lately, that''s the first thing I thought of when I opened that cookie

KatM

Shiny_Rock
you really dont know. about a month before we adopted my brother i got a fortune cookie that said, "happy event will take place shortly in your home." we still have it, too!

sugarjo

Shiny_Rock
Dear Starry-eyed!!!
I''m laughing really hard right now, so I had to respond!!!!
A few weeks before I got engaged, I got a letter from my favorite Aunt who lives across the country- in it was a fortune from a cookie that read, "there will be a wedding in your family soon".
Apparently, she got it in a cookie, and knowing that I was "patiently" waiting for my ring, sent it to me........ I think of it as my good luck charm! I defiantly think this could be yours!!!!!

Starry-eyed

Rough_Rock
Well thanks Kat and Sugar...

I''ll keep you posted. Who knows, maybe I''ll be able to give this post a bump in the next few months with good news
2.gif

glitterazzi

Shiny_Rock
Haha! I was Christmas shopping today and walked past a Things Remembered and they had an add up for a crystal encrusted fortune cookie that is hinged and opens. I thought "Oh, wouldn''t that be a cute ering box?!" Haha! Maybe someone should drop your SO a hint to that!!!

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
I certainly hope your fortune cookie proves to be true!

I am getting married in one week, and last week when we got Chinese takeout my cookie said "you will soon begin a serious relationship with a new man"...

DF didn''t like that one so much haha.

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
I wish I got fortune cookies like that!!!

I''d do the same thing Starry and write the date on it and keep it for safe keeping....Then I''d probably put a reminder in my outook calendar too...as a reminder
9.gif

fuzzers

Shiny_Rock
I got one that said "You will soon be surprised by someone you love"
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

That was months ago though and nothing has happened.
7.gif
But hey you might be luckier than me!

CNYHopeful

Shiny_Rock
I''m pushing for you as well! You never know!

I found this online fortune cookie site and it said:
"do not be overly judgmental of your loved ones intentions or actions"

This is very sound advice for me, especially lately, as I have been a bit unreasonable with him. But your fortune is exciting. Either way, it will happen when it happens and will undoubtedly be a special and wonderful day!

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Well, it definitely can''t hurt to have a little extra whiff of luck, right?
lol, you know, here in Bulgaria we have a tradition to make a Christmas round loaf and put fortunes in it. Everyone takes a piece and checks out what his fortune says. So 2 years ago my DH''s grandma invites us to visit her and see what her loaf holds for us. DH''s fortune says "a wedding in your family soon". His grandma goes "Ha! I knew it. These fortunes are always right." Hubby looks at her strangely and says "You know we got married 3 months ago, right?". His granny thinks about it for a moment and retorts "Well, I bought the fortunes quite a while ago so it still counts!" ROFL

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
the night that i got engaged we had take out chinese... (i know, we are boring) and his fortune read.."you are about to embark on a marvelous adventure" i now keep it in the ring box

so its totally possible!! keep that fortune!!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha, that is too funny!! Freke should put a little note for 3/12/08 by your name on the LIW list
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results