shape
carat
color
clarity

Fear Of Fat Quiz

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
"17.3 –non dieter
18.33 general fear
3 or more diets a year -23.9
Bulimia Nervosa- 30
Anorexia Nervosa- 35"

HUH?? How do THOSE results tell you if you have bulimia or anorexia. CLEARLY that is not true. Yes, that is ONE diagnostic tool for these disorders.. but as you all noted many of you scored over 30 and are neither bulimic NOR anorexic. Its not even very accurate.

I didn''t even bother taking the quiz. I''d guess I''d score pretty high.. but I''ve never had anything CLOSE to an eating disorder.

JessesGrl

Brilliant_Rock
I was hospitalized for an eating disorder in high school...I am recovered from that part of my life but still very weight conscious....I would just like to say it takes more than an online quiz to assess and diagnose an eating disorder

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
That wasnt an online quiz I it is one of the diagnostic tool which is used to diagnois eating disorders. We were shown it in class and I was surprised at my results. This wasnt meant to be a thing for the LIW I was just wondering if any of my workout buddies felt like that was off. And FK no worries honey I knew how ya meant it, and I am not thin, 16/18.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2005 5:00:58 PM
Author: moremoremore
I am fat so I'm not too worried about it anymore.
41.gif
41.gif
41.gif
41.gif
ROTFL
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

And LOL Libster. Yes, got a good knee slap out of that. OUCH. Oops, that was my boob, didn't see it hanging down there underneath my desk
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

LIBSTER AND FOUNTAIN- Let's go out to dinner sometime
31.gif
I just peed my pants.

ETA: Maybe I should go weigh myself--I might haveI lost 1/4 of a pound!

JessesGrl

Brilliant_Rock
what class are you taking? Usually you just use the DSM IV, are you a pysch major?

JessesGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Didn''t mean to sound bitchy...I am just sooooo sick of all those online eating disorder sites...guess I am touchy about it! I am a clinical social worker now...I took a lot of clinical diagnosis classes and we used the DSM, that is also the criteria used when i was diagnosed in 1997. It''s a fascinating area of study but it hits me too close to home, so now I am working with the JD population.

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/27/2005 7:14:06 PM
Author: Matatora
That wasnt an online quiz I it is one of the diagnostic tool which is used to diagnois eating disorders. We were shown it in class and I was surprised at my results. This wasnt meant to be a thing for the LIW I was just wondering if any of my workout buddies felt like that was off.
I felt like it was pretty off...I mean, I scored pretty high and it said I should be dieting 3 or more times a year. While I have a fear of gaining weight, I don''t diet or do things like that... I think there is a lot more to diagnosing an eating disorder than a few questions, but I know that wasn''t your intent.

Erin, I totally find it believable that first graders would say that about being fat. I think things have totally changed since I grew up. I remember being a chubby little kid but never really caring, but then I used to babysit a girl who was 5 and in therapy for an eating disorder already. It was really a shame.

Body images are so complicated, so many factors go into them. Instead of putting people down for how they feel you have to make them feel better about themselves not worse.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2005 8:56:09 PM
Author: JessesGrl
what class are you taking? Usually you just use the DSM IV, are you a pysch major?
I am a double major pysch and human development and yes I use the DSM but I was not sure how many other people would know what it was. And you didnt come off as bitchy weight and body image are highly personal. As long as were are not singling anyone out in a mean way anything goes.
4.gif

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
I scored a 17. I''m thin but curvy, very comfortable with my body
1.gif

Fortekitty, please tell me you are just kidding with these comments. You''d rather be dead than fat?! I can think of FAR worse things than being fat. I''ve seen far worse things than being fat. If you honestly believe that, I think you need to get some perspective in life and see what is really going on out there. TRUST ME, there is worse.....

I''m hoping you weren''t serious...
39.gif

caligal

Shiny_Rock
I was a 29. Interesting to think about how much I actually "think about" my weight! I''ve lost 28 lbs. in the past few months with South Beach diet and exercise and I guess I am worried it will all go back on! Funny though- by many standards I''m still "overweight" wearing a size 12 even though I''m 5''8. God made us all differently- just enjoy your life! And- don''t forget- knock-out Marilyn Monroe wore a 14/16 reportedly!

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Yup, back when women with curves were sought after!! It''s really too bad we promote such an impossible ideal for women today
15.gif
I used to struggle so much, trying to be something I wasn''t, one of those stick thin, curveless girls with washboard flat stomachs and too-deep tans. Now I''m happy the way I am, big boobs and butt and all!!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/28/2005 12:11:33 PM
Author: caligal
I was a 29. Interesting to think about how much I actually ''think about'' my weight! I''ve lost 28 lbs. in the past few months with South Beach diet and exercise and I guess I am worried it will all go back on! Funny though- by many standards I''m still ''overweight'' wearing a size 12 even though I''m 5''8. God made us all differently- just enjoy your life! And- don''t forget- knock-out Marilyn Monroe wore a 14/16 reportedly!
Sizing is so messed up. I used to get really caught up in it, and now I jut go with what fits best and forget about the size. I got upset about a bridesmaid dress size once and my seamstress told me that couture sizes, like what a lot of wedding/bridesmaid dress sizes are today, are how all sizes used to be. So like Marilyn Monroe being a 14/16 back then would''ve been like a size 8 today. I know they do it for psychological reasons, but I''m tired of it. Like ok, lately my favorite brand is BCBG, there I''m a size 8. However, I can go to Banana Republic and buy a size 4 now when I look at pants I bought 4 years ago at Banana they were a size 8 and my size 4''s when you hold them up are BIGGER than their old size 8''s! Same thing with Express. I often wonder where the real size 4''s have to go to shop??? I hate it. I hate pants.

Totally a tangent, but it really does play of the size obsession we all (or a lot of us) have.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results