shape
carat
color
clarity

engagement story

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Revana03

Rough_Rock
hi all! oh my goodness i am on CLOUD NINE! my boyfriend quite unexpectedly proposed to me this past friday--i clearly said yes and now we''re engaged
9.gif
here''s a little rundown of how it happened and some pretty terrible picture taken from my macbook (haha you''re going to have to wait for me to figure out how to use the big bad camera that I just got as a graduation present from los padres :)...
so friday night had been preplanned as a date night for us. im thrilled to say that its not at all out of the ordinary that my wonderful boyfriend will cook me a delicious dinner and buy nice bottles of wine so I really was totally oblivious to the impending Big Question (my only hint in retrospect was that he''d made his bed!
2.gif
) He''d made THE MOST DELICIOUS LAMB - it''s a Giada recipe and you all MUST cook it for your future husbands (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/herb-crusted-lamb-recipe/index.html), roasted potatoes, and grilled zuccini. My wonderful FF also put little candles all around the back patio. He had also promised me some post-dinner slow dances so we were listening to eric clapton''s live at MSG 2008 cd and dancing the night away on his patio under the stars. He then told me he had a surprise and made me wait outside while he ran inside to get The Surprise(s). He came back out 2 minutes later carrying my favorite champagne, Veuve Clicquot. i was like "what a wonderful surprise! you know me too well--but what on earth are we celebrating?" and he said "being able to spend forever together- will you marry me?"
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
obviously my answer was yes and I dissolved into the happiest tears. thennnn he was like "well come inside to see your ring!" (it was dark outside at this point so I wouldnt have seen how truly magnificent it is) My FF made me close my eyes while he put it on my finger and then I opened them and nearly fainted because my ring is so stunning and exactly what i''d always wanted! It turns out the ring selection process for him was a combo of his own good tastes and my best friend''s input/obsession with alllll things engagement
1.gif
im beyond ecstatic with how everything worked out and I cannot wait to marry my best friend and the love of my life! i hope that i wasn''t rambling, have a goodnight ladies !

Revana03

Rough_Rock
shoot for some reason the website is not allowing me to attach pictures, is this because i have a mac?

Bagel_Bandit

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/26/2009 7:10:33 PM
Author: Revana03
shoot for some reason the website is not allowing me to attach pictures, is this because i have a mac?

Sounds exciting! Can''t wait to see your photos.

If you''re still having trouble uploading pictures, this link might be of some help: https://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/faq.asp?file=attaching.files.htm

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
congratulations to quite possibly the shortest on list time ever!
and for your wonderful proposal and what i am sure is a gorgeous ring, of course i have to see it before i officially say that
31.gif

and of course congratulations for having a fiance who is such a sweetheart and wonderful cook! good job!
9.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
how exciting is that!!
congrats!

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! A man who cooks gourmet meals? Your FH is a keeper! Can''t wait to see pics of the ring!!

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
What a sweet story! Congratulations
36.gif

Revana03

Rough_Rock
i do not know everyything about the ring but its vitals are

1.55 ct center stone (and i 2+ct total weight with the side stones)
G
VVSI (whatever''s next down from IF)

it is styled exactly after the tiffany novo. and i am a size 6. and my mood is
9.gif

thank you for all of your congrats, theyre much appreciated!! xo

ringbling2473929.jpg

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Congrats......that is the shortest stay ever! YAY
36.gif

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
congratulations on getting engaged!!!! i'm so excited for you!!!

how romantic AND he knows how to cook! what a guy you got there!

i have a mac too so maybe i can help you a bit. i'm hoping you have the latest version of OS X, but here's how i do it. usually when i upload photos, it automatically loads into iPhoto. pick out whichever photo you want to upload by left clicking on it and select copy. paste it into a folder of your choice in Finder, and when you double click on it, it will automatically open in Preview. select Tools on your tool bar, and select Adjust Size. you can adjust the proportions of you photo, and it should tell you the file size when you're changing the width and length pixels. make sure it's under 100KB to be able to upload onto PS.

so when you're ready to post, hit the attach file button and choose your pic. also keep in mind that you're only allowed to upload one pic per post. hopefully that'll work for you!

can't wait to see those pics!
9.gif

ETA: nevermind! i just saw your pics. yay! it's BEAUTIFUL!!!!! goodness, what a rock!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the engagement!!! How wonderful! I love the ring! He did a great job!! Btw, that''s a very cute frenchie!!!

Bjedifish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Congrats!!!! Your ring looks beautiful!!!! Your French bulldog is sooooooooo cute!!!!
9.gif

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Yay!! Congrats!! Can''t wait for more pics!!!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Congrats
36.gif
such a sweet proposal and a beautiful ring
30.gif
enjoy being engaged
9.gif

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is stunning
30.gif
Congratulations, wishing you two a lifetime of happiness!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! I love your proposal story!

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
What a great proposal and your ring is SOOO gorgeous!
30.gif

Is it round or cushoin? Hard to tell for sure from the pic.

Congratulations!!!!!!

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting!!!! Your proposal sounded wonderful and your ring is gorgeous!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results