shape
carat
color
clarity

Engaged on Surprise Trip to St. Thomas!!!

false
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

royalasschergirl

Shiny_Rock
Cross me off, cross me off!!!! Here's the link and here are just a few pictures (sorry to be repetitive!!)

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-royal-asscher-e-ring.30746/

910080546203_0_ALB.jpg
188070546203_0_ALB.jpg
982860546203_0_ALB.jpg
848170546203_0_ALB.jpg

My fiance (still sounds funny!) Adam has been planning a trip since May and wouldn't let me know anything about it -- he told me I would find out when I got to the airport! So Thursday, June 30th we got to the airport and headed to San Juan for the first leg -- when we got to San Juan we arrived at Carribean Sun airline, and it was then that i found out we were going to St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands!! We had an absolute blast, it was the trip of a lifetime!! On the second night we were there, we went to dinner at a beautiful restaurant on the beach called Mim's. Our table wasn't ready yet, so he asked if i wanted to walk down to the water. We got there, sat on some rocks and he said, 'i've been doing some thinking -- and i said, oh no, you aren't leaving me are you?! He laughed and said no he'd been thinking about the last year we've been together, and our future, and then he said "it was a year ago tonight i asked you to be my girlfriend, and tonight i ask you to be my wife!' I cried, smiled, laughed, he put the ring on my finger and i realized i forgot to say yes, so i quickly did that! then we sat for a few minutes, headed up to the restuarant and everyone quicly found out what happened and all congratulated us and shared our night of bliss. The rest of the trip was spectacular, every day better than the next. We loved St. Thomas, loved St. John, and also visited some of the surrounding British Virgin Islands, which was the highlight of our trip. Other than the ring of course!!

I didn't know it was coming, and he certainly didn't let me think it == he gave me a million reasons why he was waiting, and i thought there was no way he would risk taking the ring down to the Caribbean, for lots of reasons. Also, i didn't think he had talked to my parents, which i knew he would do -- but it turned out he went down the Tuesday before we left and had lunch with them, showed them the ring, and asked their permission formally. Sneaky guy!! My mom acted like she had no idea, and so did one of my best friends == i can't believe they could keep that big a secret, but i'm glad they did!!!

Anyway, i don't have the certificate to the ring, Adam said its enroute from our jeweler, Mednikow out of Atlanta. (Much thanks to Jay Mednikow and especially John Thompson of Mednikow who found us the stone!) We love it, its perfection!! Anyway, its a 2.63 Royal Asscher, and there is a ruby on the inside top of the ring just left of the split, that Adam had put there to signify his heart. I plan to do the same to his wedding band. When i get the certificate i can post more specs, that's all i know for now!!!

Hope you all had a magical July 4th weekend as well!!!
35.gif

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great! Have a wonderfull life.

Note that your pictures do not show up.

Perry

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
That is soo romantic....I am so happy for you!!! I cannot wiat to hear the entire story. I know I posted this in the SMTR thread but the pictures arent loading..
39.gif

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!! What wonderful memories to accompany your proposal!! Can''t wait to see the pictures!!

Rube

Shiny_Rock
So wonderful! And what a romantic location too!

Congratulations!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!
9.gif
What a sweet, romantic proposal (I had a feeling it would happen during your trip) & your ring is just gorgeous!
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, the ring is GORGEOUS
30.gif
lOVE the ruby idea too, makes it all the more special. What a lovely story!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Woo Hoo!
emotion-19.gif

Congratulations!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Heheeee....knew it was going to happen! That''s great he was able to make you think it wasn''t coming so it was more of a surprise! Glad you had a FABULOUS trip! So romantic, so thoughtful! Many congratulations!!! Now get your pictures working so we can see this amazing ring!!!!!!

caligal

Shiny_Rock
Fabulous!!! I was thinking of you and your trip this weekend- what a gorgeous ring! Blessings to you both!!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
congrats! I had to go to the other thread to see the pics, but the ring is beeeautiful!

bar01

Brilliant_Rock
It takes a special, wonderful, intelligent, super guy
16.gif
to take his gal to St. Thomas to propose!
9.gif

Congrats!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
RAG side view...love that pave!

ragbasketpave.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
From above

ragroll.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
What does the engraving say?

insideengravingrag.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Split shank

ragsplitshank.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

shinyrag.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

sideroll.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

undersideragring.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
That''s all folks!

ragwindmill.jpg

Munchkin

Brilliant_Rock
That is such a sweet story! The ring is GORGEOUS!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!
Munchkin

royalasschergirl

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Matatora for posting those, my computer didn''t want to celebrate my engagement apparently! :)

Oh, and the engraving says "Team A.D." which is what we coined ourselves as a couple after the first 2 weeks together and it stuck! Its our first name initials, and he will have the same engraving on a band, and i''ll put a ruby in his for my heart as well!!

I wish I wasn''t so busy at work today, I didn''t even get the chance to call folks or talk to anyone or show it off at work, it was like at 8am I was jerked back into reality, pulled off my very lovely cloud 9!!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh that is soo sweet I love that he thought to engrave your e-ring. That is very romantic!
30.gif

ky6

Shiny_Rock
Holy guacamole, that ring is gorgeous! And how wonderful that he was able to pull off such a wonderful surprise. Much congrats!

Mocha

Rough_Rock
Wow!
36.gif
congratulations! Your ring is truly stunning...please post more pics when you can!

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Fabulous ring! What a spectacular proposal!!! Many congrats
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results