shape
carat
color
clarity

Eeeek! I'm off the list!!

glitterprincess

Rough_Rock
I know I am not a chatty one around here but I visit weekly to see what other LIW's are up to, some gorgeous bling, and whatnot. I applied to officially to become a LIW last year and I am say taa taa at # 36 (I think I was 105 when I started?)

I've been engaged for a week now and am just managing to get a moment on here since it's been CRAZY busy and I wanted some decent photos to show too (What's a thread without pics?! Heehee)

The Proposal:

Last Thursday (before the Canadian long weekend) we planned to go up to my parents cottage for the long weekend. My work day was INSANELY busy and tiring. I had a million and one things I had to get done after work and after my crazy day I was just tired.
Everything that day wasn't going according to plan at all and I was SUPER delayed. My fiance (eek!) and I decided that we'll go up later at night to miss some traffic and I agreed that was a good idea (I hate traffic - who doesn't LOL) so I'm doing this, that and the other thing and he pops out to grab a couple items from the store I needed (and unbeknownst to me - my ring!!) as well as dinner for us. When he gets back in with our dinner, I take a break and eat it with him. He asked me what time I thought we'd be heading up and I said I wasn't in any hurry as nothing is going according to plan so whenever. He was telling me how he was going to go on a bike ride and asked if I wanted to come - I said no but if he wanted to go for a walk, I would and we can take our dog (I keep nagging to take the dog for a nice walk in the evenings afterwork so I was happy we were finally going to get to - I fell right into his plan LOL)
So we're walking on the trails behind our house just before sunset. At one point he tells me he has a rock in his shoe (It's a gravel road and I had just complained I had one a couple mins prior as I was wearing flip flops and it hurt LOL) so I walk ahead with the dog and figured he'd catch up. He was taking longer than normal so I turned back and saw him on one knee with a ring box open. I was in shock and said What the F**k?! (LOL I'm a potty mouth). I was in so much shock and happy that I didn't hear a thing he said as I just kept saying and thinking OMG, OMG, OMG!! He asked me again if I'll marry him and I said yes!!!
It was a perfect evening!! The sun was just setting over the ravine. It was beautiful! I wouldn't have had it any other way.
It was a great long weekend as all my family were at the cottage and celebrated with us.

Now for The ring!!!

It's a Valina Bridal piece.
Round Stone is .80 brilliant cut, F colour, VVSI clarity and 44 1.4mm G colour, good cut side diamonds for a .50 TDW
I LOOOOOVEEEEE IT!!!!!

It's quite hard to take decent photos on my point and shoot - How the heck do you all do it?!?!

IMG_3948.JPG

IMG_3956.JPG

IMG_3957.JPG

designer photo.jpg

kellygold

Rough_Rock
Ahhh, it's gorgeous!!! And what a great way to start a long weekend! :) CONGRATS!!!!

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!! Haha I would totally curse too I'm sure. The ring is GORGEOUS! :love:

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Congrats :appl: love your proposal story and i love love the profile of your ring, its super cool :love:

hehe, i really love that you said WTF - im a potty mouth too :bigsmile:

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous ring! Congrats!

DuckLovingVegan

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring and congrats!

glitterprincess

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone :)

The proposal and my response (heehee) was just so us! I wouldn't change it for a thing!!

Dust to all you ladies out there!! It just may happen when you least expect it :)

glitterprincess

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone :)

The proposal and my response (heehee) was just so us! I wouldn't change it for a thing!!

Dust to all you ladies out there!! It just may happen when you least expect it :)

Verdy

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! I love the diamonds on the side of the ring! Classy with a touch of elegance, best wishes! ::)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results