shape
carat
color
clarity

dreams about engagement rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, I know some people think it''s super annoying when people tell you about their dreams, so if you''re one of those people, DON''T read on!

I am sure I am not the only person who has engagement rings find a starring role in their dreams, so I thought it might be fun to have a thread to tell our dreams, and maybe let other posters play "interpreter."

I dreamed that instead of proposing, he left a thick platinum band set with a diamond on top of my right-hand ring on my nightstand. Even though the ring was ugly and not at all what I wanted, I was ecstatic. Then, later in the dream, when I saw him in person, he acted like the ring was not an engagement ring at all, and when I looked at my hand it was set with a bright red spinel instead of a diamond.

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Hahaha... I can imagine we''ll get some totally neurotic dreams posted on this thread! I am not much of an interpreter, but I did have one engagement ring-related dream.

I dreamt that my BF proposed... using the ring he bought for his ex-fiancee.

38.gif

elation

Rough_Rock
Ooh, I''ll play-

In my dream, I started in a gym locker room where my best friend came up to me and presented me with an engagement ring. She said that we were sisters in spirit and we''d better get to class before our menacing english teacher yelled at us (for some reason I was in high school again). I got an engagement ring from my boyfriend, sans proposal, on his home turf at a quiet beach. He told me there was nothing he wanted more in the world. Then I got an engagement ring from my MOTHER. She appeared at this super strict well-dressed lady in a huge Victorian house filled with antiques and pretty things. She told me I''d better not lose that.

I woke up feeling like I had three diamond rings on three different fingers (ring fingers of each hand, and my right thumb), not knowing which to put where.
=P

Sorry suchende, I''m no good at dream interpreting! But if I had to take a stab... maybe your subconscious thinks your BF is scared of getting you a ring that isn''t perfect? So the nightstand stint was the test run, him claiming that isn''t The Ring is his safety net... and the bright red spinel is your deeper subconscious telling your not-so-subconscious that he actually does know what you''re doing and you''re just confused.
haha sorry I butchered that, I''ve no idea

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Aw, welcome to the age-old tradition of having weird engagement ring dreams pre-proposal.

I had one of those, a few months before we were engaged. In my dream my then-boyfriend had given me a ring, and it was UGLY. Then the more I looked at it, I realized it was changing shape and kind of disintegrating, and that there was never a diamond to begin with!

Weird.

ETA: suchende, I think your dream probably just comes from a little bit of anxiety over waiting for the ring! The "not knowing"ness. Maybe.
9.gif

mizzo

Rough_Rock
I had a dream about a friend''s ring that she doesn''t even have yet! Her BF has described the setting style to me, but didn''t mention the stone shape or size. So, I dreamt that she had gotten engaged and I saw the ring and the stones were small. I don''t want to care but I was relieved in the dream that I didn''t like the ring and that it wasn''t big.

Interpretation: I have jealousy and anxiety issues!
32.gif

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
I posted this in April (sorry it's so long):

Background Info:
Bf and I have been together for 3 and 1/2 years. We started our search for a diamond last October (when I stumbled upon pricescope while researching the 4 cs!). We found the perfect RB diamond in late November, and he bought it early december. Last month, We decided on a custom pink gold solitaire setting that still has to be made. The jeweler told us they would have a cast of the setting made for us to approve before they made it in gold.
I think bf is planning on proposing this december (around our 4 year anniversary).

The Dream:
Last night, I dreamt that I went to a random house that had some sort of random party going on. When I walked in the door, one of my friends (not sure who) ran up to me and congratulated me on getting engaged. I was very confused as i knew that BF hadn't proposed to me. She explained that he had told her, his family (some of whom were actually at the party) and the rest of the random party-goers that he was going to propose that very day (I knew that it was summer time and WAY earlier than I had expected to be proposed to). Nice of my friend to tell me and ruin any chance of surprise I had left, right?
So, a little later, bf found me alone in a room, got down on one knee, said amazingly sweet things (can't remember what though) and asked me to marry him. Even though the surprise was completely blown, I was ecstatic and immediately started bawling.
Then, he took out the ring box and opened it.
When I looked at the ring, i was completely shocked! It was the ugliest excuse for an ering I could have ever imagined. My delicate pink "gold" trellis setting was actually poured bubblegum pink plastic that was probably 8mm wide. It had rhinestones pressed into the plastic on the left and right side. In my lovely vvs2 RB's stead, was an oval shaped piece of glass that was glued into the pink plastic.
I freaked out! I said "Hunny, this isn't our ring!!" He told me that it was and that he had just approved the cast a few weeks earlier (which I knew meant that we were stuck with it). I don't remember what either of us said after that, but I remember being something like this guy ---->
29.gif

I then woke up to my alarm going off.
This dream was strange for many reasons (beside the obvious ones):
*Summer proposal: bf told me he wants to wait until after our birthdays to propose (mine's in may, his is in October)
*Bf telling the whole world he was going to propose: He decided that I was to be the first to find out that he's proposing. (cutting out the whole "asking permission" thing). He's not telling anyone we know ahead of time that he is going to propose. We want to tell everyone together.
*Wide band: I really don't like plain, wide bands on my fingers. I wouldn't choose 8 mm for my solitaire setting. Is that even possible?
*Rhinestones on either side of the "diamond": When searching for bands we made sure the jeweler knew that we wanted a plain solitaire setting with no diamonds on the side. When we get married, we are adding a wrap that will have diamonds on it.
*Oval shaped "diamond": We weren't even considering any shape other than RB. I love the timeless look of round stones.
*BF approving the cast without me: He would never do that in real life. We have been planning on going to approve it together.

Fast forward 2 months and the ring is done and beautiful! That dream had me spooked for a lil bit!
9.gif

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
All the dreams in this thread are making me feel a whole lot less crazy
9.gif

Reading these reminds me of a dream I had when I was with my ex: in the dream, he presented me with a Tiffany box, and when I open it, it''s a "radiant" style ring, but instead of a big center stone, there was a bunch of invisible set princess stones. I pretended to faint so I wouldn''t have to look at it, for face him (my ex).

Bjedifish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Lol! oooh engagement/ engagement ring dreams!! I think I have one every night!! now the the anticipation is building and its really a matter of weeks (or days!!
36.gif
9.gif
36.gif
) before the big question, I have been having more and more dreams that are incredibly vivid. I''m almost disappointed when I wake up and my finger is still bare
39.gif
. Oh well...its just a waiting game now!
9.gif

Laura
21.gif

lilmissrugger

Shiny_Rock
I literally had my FIRST engagement dream last night! How weird!!!

My boyfriend and I were sitting by (or in, don''t quite remember) his jeep, drinking beer. All of the sudden, he got down on one knee, said a beautiful speech, and asked me to marry him- I thought it was so sweet and said yes, but for some reason kept the ring on my middle finger on my left hand. Then we were sitting in the jeep, enjoying the glow of being engaged, and he told me that he had had this whole big plan of going to the city, and proposing there, and all of this sweet stuff-- and I started bawling! I took the ring off, thrust it in his hand and demanded he drive me into the city right then to propose to me the way he was going to!

I woke up and told him this morning, and said he better not doing anything like that! He just laughed and laughed
3.gif

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
i had a dream once that he gave me an ering, i cant remember if he actually proposed but i had the ring. i was so happy to be engaged, but at the same time i thought the ring was hideous. i was so upset that i was going to have to wear that ring for the rest of my life.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Oh man, I had a whopper of a dream a while back.

I dreamt that he bought me an engagement necklace. It looked like this rose clasp I have on a pearl necklace, but the whole thing was thick and ugly.

Anyways, so I got all excited and said, "So, are we going ring shopping now?" and he said, "No, sweetie, this necklace is it." I was so bummed, and tears were forming and I said, "But I have options for all budgets!"
39.gif
(And I do.....)

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/23/2009 10:30:01 PM
Author: princesss
Oh man, I had a whopper of a dream a while back.

I dreamt that he bought me an engagement necklace. It looked like this rose clasp I have on a pearl necklace, but the whole thing was thick and ugly.

Anyways, so I got all excited and said, ''So, are we going ring shopping now?'' and he said, ''No, sweetie, this necklace is it.'' I was so bummed, and tears were forming and I said, ''But I have options for all budgets!''
39.gif
(And I do.....)
LOL! that was great!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I''ve had LOTS!

Either the ring is fuggly, falls to peices or gets lost OR it''s a horrible proposal such as him getting brad pitt to propose on his behalf on tv or once I dreamed he drove me to a cinema car park and had a van on singing pupets perform while he proposed as a "surprise"....and THEN we didn''t even get to go see a movie.

I''m now officially afraid of the real proposal and what he has planned for that.

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
i love reading your ring dreams. i don't have a ring dream to share but i do have a funny story about me talking in my sleep last night on the phone.

so when M was on EDT i'd be the one talking him to sleep on our nightly calls. now that he's on CDT with me, well it seems he's been talking me to sleep for the past couple weeks. normally i wake up not too soon afterwards and get myself off the phone, but for some reason (and i don't know what) i was out last night. i don't even remember hanging up the phone. so i got to talk to M during his lunch today and he commented on how cute i am when i fall asleep and apparently i had this conversation with him:

me: "and don't forget the purple polka-dots!"
M: "are you asleep baby?"
me: "NO"
M: "do you even know what you're saying?"
me: "noooo"
M: "well you said not to forget about the purple polka dots"
me: "well i'm bringing back purple polka dots"

so apparently in my sleep i'm very concerned about polka dots and bringing back the purple ones.
33.gif
for the life of me i can't think of where in the world i got that from, but at least i didn't say anything about his surprises!

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
What is up with ugly rings in proposal dreams?

Do they reflect how we feel about out relationships? Our trust in our boyfriend''s sence of style?
Too much icecream before bed?

I''ve dreamt on two occasions about being given the ugliest rings - once an ugly cheap ring with a huge blue plastic stone (10ct. at least), and once a whole handful of really ugly yellow gold and plastic gem rings. huh!

I''ve also had a really lovely dream set in "Future Vancouver" (I have lots of dreams that occur in the same settings, often in the future) In which my boyfriend and I were in elegant fancy clothes and we were going to have dinner during a candle-lit submarine ride during which he was going to propose. I was happy and excited, but there was no ring involved.

HD

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results