shape
carat
color
clarity

Daily Workout Thread Friday April 21st

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Good morning everyone! Fi & I went to the gym last night & I did mostly weights. It felt good & I''m not too sore this morning either!
36.gif
. I also did 20 minutes of slooooooooow walking on the treadmill just to loosen up my muscles and get a LI cardio session.

Since it is Friday (whoo!) I doubt I''ll go to the gym tonight. However, I think I will do some arm exercises when I first get home from work. I''m feeling motivated so I feel like I should run with it!

I think it is going to rain all weekend
8.gif
, so I''m sure I''ll make it to the gym at least once. If I''m feeling ambitious, I may be painting our bedroom!

Have a great weekend everyone!

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I worked out last night for the first time in 3 weeks! I''ve been sick with the flu, then a cold, then a relapse of the flu, so I''ve been unable to do anything. I still felt weak, but I was a little upset at hubby, so I went for a 2 mile run. The weather was absolutely beautiful, so I ran outside instead of running on the treadmill. I didn''t feel bad at the time, but I feel very weak today, so I''m not sure I''ll get another workout in. I''m going to see how I feel when I get home from work, and maybe I''ll do a really low key workout.

SarFarSuperstar

Shiny_Rock
Glad you''re feeling better, coda!

I powerwalked about 1.5 miles this morning. I wanted to jog at least part of it but I keep getting these irritating side cramps. Anyone have any idea as to what they are or how to stop them?

Happy Friday everyone!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Good job on the workouts everyone!

Coda, sorry you''re not feeling well. Glad you''re starting to feel better!

I worked out this morning, for my 5th this week. I''m pretty happy about that but it''s been an emotionally tough week so i''m glad it''s over. I''m really looking fwd to this weekend, just relaxing and trying to keep it stress free.

Hope everyone else has a good weekend.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Sarfar--there is a website called "coolrunning.com" that gives a great training guideline for beginning runners. If you''re having the side cramp issue, I bet if you followed their suggestions it would really help you. They suggest doing intervals at first (run for 90 sec., then walk for 90 secs., and repeat) to build up your endurance. One of my good friends has been following the program and has been very successful with it. She used to be totally sedentary and now she''s running 6 miles at a time!

I got a short walk in yesterday and did some arms/weights when I got home. Tonight I have to go to the "maul" and return some stuff and shop a little, so that''s going to have to count as a workout, ha ha!

SarFarSuperstar

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the great link Monarch! I just printed out a whole section of stuff and I''ll read it this weekend. Have fun shopping tonight!

stermag

Shiny_Rock
Good afternoon.

It''s only 1pm, but it feels like 5 already, since I''ve been at work since 6:30am. We took an hour break to go to the gym before lunch, but it wasn''t terribly productive. We didn''t run because my knee has been a bit tender the last two days, but we did other cardio for 35 minutes. It was just about showing up and being able to say we did it.

SarFar, I think you are talking about a stitch - side stitches are the most common, caused by a cramp in the diaphragm, gas in the intestines or food in the stomach.

This is from the Runner''s World website:
"If you get a stitch on your right side, slow down for 30 seconds or so and exhale forcefully each time your left foot hits the ground. If the stitch is on the left, exhale hard when your right foot lands. Continue until pain recedes. If this doesn''t help, try slow, deep "belly breathing" (your abdomen should go in and out with each breath). Or run with your hands on top of your head and your elbows back while you breathe deeply from your belly."

SarFarSuperstar

Shiny_Rock
Yikes, Stermag, at work since 6:30- that shouldn''t be legal!

Thanks for the information regarding the stitch- that definitely sounds like what it was. Probably those 2 hershey kisses I ate before running- or that banana from my afternoon snack was still hanging around. Normally I run in the morning before breakfast so no food then. Good to know that there are a few things I can do about it.

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
I used to post on here all the time, and havent in ages. Now that my wedding is coming up I need it more than ever. I have put on weight since I moved and I really want to lose some before my dress fittings in june. Its hard when i''m working 12-14 hour days in a restaurant!

I started the day out good and did 45 minutes on the eliptical. I ate nothing but sugar though.... need to work on that!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results