shape
carat
color
clarity

Daily Workout Thread 6/28

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Hey ladies - thought I would get the ball rolling this morning. First, thanks to Matatora for the eye-opening and thought- and discussion-provoking quiz in the separate thread. I for one know that I have a lot of issues with weight, and I definitely had a borderline eating disorder when I was dancing, although my therapist I think referred to what I had in college (post dancing) as "disordered eating." I think growing up as "the fat girl" was hugely traumatic and that its going to take a really long time of managing to not be fat to no longer see myself that way.

Regardless, I am making steady progress towards getting back to a healthy weight - I had my weigh-in this morning and lost another 2 lbs (at least I''m consistent...) making for a total of 18.5 lbs. I leave on Saturday for the East Coast to visit the future in-laws, and so I guess by next Tuesday when I go dress shopping with FMIL and future grandma-in-law (I''m really excited about this) it will be close to or at 20 lbs down, which was my goal
1.gif
Also, the size-8 jeans I got a couple of weeks ago at Nordstrom''s that were tight when I bought them are starting to feel loose. Getting back into size 6 pants will be a major victory for me - I still have a few of my favorite pairs hanging in my closet waiting for me...

I went to the gym yesterday, will go again tonight, just mixed cardio both times because I have to get home (tonight to interview a kitty-sitter).

Hope everyone else''s workouts/eating plans are going well.

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations AmberGretchen! Your progress is great.

I''m sort of back on my cardio kick. I went last night, but was too tired this morning because the weather is just horrible. I''m going to try to go tonight again.

I''m feeling extra fat these days -- I''m hoping it''s a time-of-the-month thing. I really want to get in shape and it''s just depressing. I need to find a new trainer that will kick my butt. I''m going to try to start taking tennis lessons... hopefully, this will help too. I just loathe the treadmill, but I hate all the other machines in my gym. I wish I could run, but I have horrible shin splints.

Argh! Why can''t this be easy!

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
AmberGretchen- I am so proud of you!!!!! Almost 20 lbs down, that is a huge accomplishment! Everytime I lost weight in the past I would equate it with the same weight in cat litter...i.e. "wow it''s really hard to carry this 37lb bucket of up the stairs, I can''t believe I used to carry that on my frame!" Already you are down the same amount as the large box of A&H Smart Scoop
3.gif
! And to have lose clothes again, I remember those days. Your wedding dress is strapless, don''t loose so much that no amount of lacing will hold it up!

I have got to get back on board- I overslept this morning, last night I had to work late...I''m thinking of doing a 90-day boot-camp type program, maybe that fitness made simple program??? anyone have any ideas to throw my way? I''m willing to make a 90 day commitment to a structured program to see what results I get, I kinda feel like making myself a guinea pig for some trial.......

Amandapanda- did you ever do a dedicated walking workout? Years ago I saw huge changes from walking and although I usually have shinsplints they weren''t so bad then (although I do remember walking through some pain...)

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
style="WIDTH: 96.01%; HEIGHT: 100px">Date: 6/28/2005 2:02:38 PM
Author: fountainfairfax

Amandapanda- did you ever do a dedicated walking workout? Years ago I saw huge changes from walking and although I usually have shinsplints they weren''t so bad then (although I do remember walking through some pain...)
What''s a dedicated walking workout? I have a treadmill walking workout which really gets me sweating, but I''m getting a little bored of it.

I''d also love to do a bootcamp workout. I think that would really whip my butt into shape!

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
WAY TO GO AG!!!
The 20 lb. mark is a major milestone!

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
AmberGretchen, congrats on your achievements! You are doing so well & I can''t wait to see more pics of you in your gown!

I have been awfully lazy this past couple of days & have opted for sleeping instead of exercising...whoops. Hopefully I can get back on the wagon tomorrow.

Wish me luck!
26.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your hard work! I went to Bikram Yoga today for the first time in 3.5 months. My BF''s sister has been wanting to try it, so she is my yoga budy, since she''s home for the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results