shape
carat
color
clarity

Daily Workout Thread 6/1/05

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Hello everyone!

Thought I''d start the thread today after our long weekend...

I went to Curves today and did my 200 crunches. I''ve been doing the SCUBA thing...if you want to lose weight, this is a GREAT way to do it!!! You exert so much energy without realizing it!! I''ve lost 3 pounds since starting and that''s only doing it once a week for the last 2 weeks!! You''re exhausted when you''re finished, but it''s so peaceful under water...

Just an incentive for those who like the water! LOL

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
What is the scuba thing?!?!

I have been continuing with my walking (3x a week) and kickboxing (2x a week)...so far my clothes all fit much better than in winter, and if possible I think my butt is still shrinking, yay. I have always had a bubble butt even when thin, and it is a sore point when I shop for things like pants etc. So the further it goes down, the happier I become!

We are going to Palm Springs for 3 days in end of June so my goal is to be bikini ready by that point!
9.gif

Oh and I am continuing with less complex carbs and more veggies and fruits and fish/chicken...so far so good ... weekends are my fun time though. Mexican food here I come!
2.gif

Oh and I also just wanted to add that I am SHOCKED at what walking is doing for my body. I am an 'apple' shape..when I gain weight I gain it in my middle and butt area....my legs and top stay pretty much the same. So carbs are a big deal for me since they bloat out your midsection...but walking is really recommended for Apple shapes...I decided to try it and it has done wonders. I try to do about ~6-8 miles a week and it is really 'lengthening' out my legs and flattening my butt and midsection big time. And it's so easy. I highly recommend it. I walk pretty fast, and take P out while I do it so she gets to run around and I get my exercise. That said, I also figure it will raise my metabolism if I do it for more than 20 minutes (which I do) so therefore I am burning more fat and calories afterwards as well which is a big deal.

So there's my 'walking' plug! Even if you are not into exercise...I really recommend it as something low-key.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Well I''m not exercising today, but I was very good the last few days...

Saturday or Sunday: I walked the dog for a mile and then walked with my grandma for a mile
Monday: jogged 1 mile (this is a lot for me)
Tuesday: did the eliptical for 30 minutes and sweated a lot!

and I have a kanker sore on my tongue so it hurts to eat, so its helping to keep me out of the candy bowl at work.

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Mara...

Congrats on all your hard work!!! Sounds like you found the right exercise combo for you to attack those "problem areas!" Yeah!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

My "SCUBA thing" is that I took up SCUBA lessons. I''ve been going into the pool (14 feet down) for the last 2 weeks and learning all the training from 14 feet down!! Between learning how to breathe and swimming all over the place for 2-1/2 hours straight each time, plus lugging around all the equipment is flattening my butt, abs, slimming down my thighs and improving my stamina (although the morning after sure doesn''t feel like it! LOL).

appletini...hope you feel better soon!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Can I add mine? Yesterday, due to a time contraint, I was only able to lift for 20 mins and walk for 8. Today I plan to run 4 miles. I always feel much better after a run but I really have to talk myself into it
14.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
I just lurk here girls....but having gained, like TEN pounds since moving back to CA (missing my effortless Manhattan walking routine) I think I''ll be posting more.
7.gif

Just had to add my $.02 for poor Apple!!! I used to get CHRONIC tongue/lip/etc. canker sores (my college roomies called them rot mouth or rot tongue. gross--usually stress or food related for me)....they are ulcers and hurt like hell!! Not sure what you''re using, but when I used to get them I found that a lot of the canka/cankaid/stuff would burn and make it worse. I would use glioxide (carbomide paroxide) to clean it even though it didn''t really numb it, and then drink as many alkaline/base things as possible (milk, milkshakes) since it balanced out the acid of the ulcer. Failing that, you could use a liquid antacid (like maalox) on a q-tip on the owee.....or even break up an aspirin and use a q-tip to apply that (or baking soda) directly to it.

OUCH! I feel your pain and hope it goes away fast!!!

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ladies.
I haven''t posted in a workout thread in a while because I''ve done a big, fat load of nothing recently.
I know I need to start up again -- I feel horrible and fat and it''s affecting my sleep, eating, state-of-mind. Horrible, horrible, horrible. It doesn''t help that I''m having a slump right now and could barely get out of work last week at all to go to work. Really helpful to sit around and watch tv all day and eat hamburgers and french fries for lunch!
15.gif

Sorry to be a bummer... it''s just always nice to vent here...

Why couldn''t I be one of those women who lose their appetite when they''re stress/depressed!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
thanks for the support. I''ve been using Kanka since yesterday (as recommended by a co-worker), and it definitely numbs very well--so that I can with minimal pain. I"m going to the dentist tomorrow for my routine check-up, so I know that he will put the good stuff on it tomorrow. I''ve never been so excited to go to the dentist! I can''t wait.

I always get them from stress, usually about once a year (it used to be during finals in college), now its just life stress.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Hello ladies, I just wanted to share some progress pics. I have officially lost 12 lbs so far, which it turns out is more than 1 size at David''s bridal - the first time I went I was in a very snug bridal size 18 (a snug size 10 in pants) and I am now in a somewhat loose bridal 16, (about an 8 in pants). I think you can see a difference but you girls let me know, here are some pics.

This is an Oleg Cassini ballgown, from the back before:
47b5d820b3127cce91a64f9d121000000016108AZNGLlyzYuB

and from the back after (notice how much tighter the dress is laced, and this was almost falling down!
47b5d820b3127cce91a64f9e932300000016108AZNGLlyzYuB

Here is the same dress from the front/side before:
47b5d820b3127cce91a64f9a932700000016108AZNGLlyzYuB

and after:
47b5d820b3127cce91a64f90932d00000016108AZNGLlyzYuB

here''s a side shot before (different dress):
47b5d820b3127cce91a64f98932500000016108AZNGLlyzYuB

and a side/back shot of what may be "the dress" (more on that in bride world wide forum):
47b5d820b3127cce91a64d5e12d200000016108AZNGLlyzYuB

nasty back fat shot from before:
47b5d820b3127cce91a64f8d120000000016108AZNGLlyzYuB

and significant reduction after:
47b5d820b3127cce91a64f9f121200000016108AZNGLlyzYuB

whew OK that was a lot of pics, and I hope you girls can see the difference too. It makes me so motivated to think how much better I will look once I lose the rest of the weight I have to take off
1.gif

Thanks for all the encouragement here girls and I hope to have 2 more sizes smaller pics to post in another month or two!

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
AG...congratulations!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Not only does it show in the dresses, but it shows SO much in your face!!! You can really see the difference!!! Good for you!!! You''re such an inspiration!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree Amber...you can definitely see a change in the newer pictures..can''t wait to see the next round!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies - it really helps to have the encouragement and to know that I''m not the only one who can see a difference - I mean, obviously, fitting into the smaller sizes wasn''t something I could fake, but its hard when its just me and my mom and FI looking at the pictures to be sure we aren''t making up the fact that there is a difference.

Its definitely good motivation to keep going, I will say that, and also check out this thread over on Brides World Wide about how one of these might actually be "the dress":
AG''s dress (maybe)

What do you ladies think - I was actually between sizes on this one and so would probably wait until I am at least in the next size smaller possibly the one after that to order it, depending on whether FI and I decide to move up the date of our wedding. We were originally thinking of a two-year (plus a couple months) engagement but we have since decided to scale things down and as a result most of the reasons for waiting two years instead of one have kind of evaporated, and we both agree I would drive both of us less crazy if we only had one year (actually more like 16 months) rather than two years
2.gif

Anyway, thanks again ladies - it really helps to hear that others can see it too. I was a bit nervous about posting the before pics because I look so huge in them, but being able to see the progress is really wonderful. I can''t wait until I have further progress pics to post
9.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
oh yeah, i can definitely see it too AG
1.gif
good for you! and keep up the great work
36.gif

you look fabulous in "the dress!"

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
AG, good for you!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
You can really tell how hard you have worked, and you look great!

(How whack-tastic is that that the bridal dress sizes are SO much bigger than regular clothes! Depressing and silly! If there ever were an industry that would benefit from vanity sizing, this is it!)

Anyway, you look beautiful--congrats
16.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
blue..not to mention that some bridal sizes are totally out of wack even from OTHER bridal sizes!!!

when i bought my dress last year it was a bridal size 10 while in reality i wore a size 8 in my other clothes and even a 10 in certain types of pants (aka banana republic pants SUCK for me, they never fit right and i have to get a larger size anyway!). and i thought bridal sizes were supposed to be so much bigger than your regular size...yet this dress was basically the same size as what i would normally wear? so maybe my designer was trying to have more normal sizes? so hard to tell.

i also don't understand the large bridal size thing at all because isn't a wedding dress supposed to make you feel beautiful and all...and yet how can you feel so stunning if you are trying on a dress that is 8 sizes larger than your normal clothes? not that big is bad or anything, but if you wear a 10 and you are trying on an 18...that is depressing mentally, we are all so conditioned to go buy 'size #' on the tag! so why don't the bridal designers WISE UP and start making stuff SMALLER...aka you wear a size 10 in real clothes, then your dress could be a 6 and then maybe they'd sell even more dresses?!?!?!

just like expensive clothes...anyone notice that the more you spend on an item the smaller the size is? if i spend $200 on a skirt i wear a size 6, but if i spend $50, i wear a size 10. go figure??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results