shape
carat
color
clarity

Clairitek is enfianced!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I will provide details about the ring and story later but I just wanted to share with my PS friends that my Thanksgiving proposal hunches were right on and that I am engaged!

Some quick stats on the ring...
Square cushion ~1 carat. Its an 8-main pavilion cushion cut stone so it looks like a cushion from the top but is cut like a RB on the bottom. He said that its between an H and I in color and a VS2. The setting is platinum- no side stones and custom.

MrsHToBe

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! It''s sounds amazing.. I can''t wait to see the pics!
2.gif

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wooohooooooo, congratulations to you and your fiance!! Can''t wait for pictures!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!! Pictures pictures pictures!!
31.gif
31.gif

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
this is great news!!!! CONGRATS!!! i cant wait to see your lovely ring!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats, Claire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EyeElle

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!!! I am soo happy for you :)
The ring sounds lovely, can''t wait to see it.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
yay congrats!

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
YAY!!! Congrats! Awaiting story & pics!

~SL.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations :)

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
So now that all of my guests are in bed and the kitchen is clean I can finally come back and tell you all about my exciting day.

I woke up at 730 to make stuffing and get the bird in the oven. FI got out of bed too which I thought was odd because he was up until 2 am drinking beer with my father and "brother." My parents and "brother" and brother''s girlfriend had only arrived at 9 so there was lots of talking to be done. I told FI he could go back to bed but he was too excited (all makes sense now) so he stayed up. I cooked for about 3 hours and then set our table for 9 (FI''s parents and brother were eating with us too) and then showered and cooked some more. Around 3 we had everything sit down for salads while the turkey was resting.

I asked FI to make a toast since he is the man of the house (for anyone who doesn''t know we own a house together and have been living there since about 9 months into our relationship). He started off by reflecting back on the year and talking about graduating, buying the house together, moving in, etc. He mentioned how lucky he was to have a me (explicitly said GIRLFRIEND about 4-5 times) and such. He then said "I have everything I could ever ask for but there is one more thing I have to ask..." he gets out of his chair, down on his knee and proceeds to reach into his sock to take out the ring box and opens it (ring almost falls out of the box) then he said "Claire will you marry me?"

Right after he said "I have one more thing to ask" I buried my face in my hands. I was already teared up from the speech he was giving because I am a sentimental mush ball. I thought that he would probably propose with all of our family there but I had sort of let the notion go once we sat down to dinner. Of course I said yes and then I finally looking at the ring. Our family was DEAD SILENT. I think they were all sorta shocked too even though his mother had told his father on the drive over here that she wouldn''t be surprised if we announced our engagement today.

The stone and the ring are very me. He did a brilliant job of designing the whole thing. Apparently he has had the ring for 5 weeks and has moved it around various hiding places in the house. He even had the balls to put it one of my jewelery boxes in my bed side table thing just to see if I would find it. He told me that when I wasn''t home he would take it out and try it on his pinky and stare at it.

Whew, sorry this is so long! I''ve been waiting all night to type this up for you. I am going to start a SMTR thread with the few pics I have so far. I can''t wait for a sunny day to get some outside shots.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!!!!Yay!!!!!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Yay congratulations
36.gif
i just checked out the ring and its gorgeous
30.gif
enjoy being engaged!!

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations, it sounds like a lovely day
1.gif

Are your families pleased? You said they were dead silent but didn''t say if they applauded or cried etc
1.gif

lasscreative

Shiny_Rock
OMG!!! That was a cute story!!!!

I loved the part that he told you he would move it around and put it on his pinky finger to admire it!! He must be soooo proud!! Fabulous!!!

Congrats hun!!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!! Hopefully they all recovered from their shock and congratulated you too!!
36.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations!!!! your fiance sounds like a sweetheart....trying your ring on his pinky...awwwww!
1.gif

i''m heading over to smtr to check out the pics...they better be there because your ring sounds gorgeous!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the kind words everyone! Its so nice to wake up and see my thread growing.
1.gif

Date: 11/28/2008 1:54:11 AM
Author: Dannielle
Are your families pleased? You said they were dead silent but didn''t say if they applauded or cried etc
1.gif

Don''t worry, they were very excited for us! My mother even admitted to being teared up, which never happens. She isn''t very emotional about this stuff. His parents were teared up too and my father was just sorta sitting there caught up the moment. They all clapped after a minute or so.

tabu

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!!!!
36.gif
I''m so happy for you! Cant wait to hear more
1.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Handshot my father took from across the table.

tablehandshot1.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woot! Picture time! More more more!!!!!

(I can''t believe he put it in your jewelry box!! OMG!! What if you had found it early?!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results