shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling madelise!

audball

Ideal_Rock
redsoxgrl|1334364024|3170573 said:
I am SOOO SORRY AUD!! But Madelise made a bunch of great points!!! I agree that everything happens for a reason, and because you can't forsee the good in it now, does not mean that it is not there. It's hard to see the positives when you are let down.

At least if you start part time you will go into this program starting with a few friends! I've done the whole work full time and school full time... My Radiography program was VERY rigorous. I had clinicals 3 days a week 7-3:30pm. I had classes the other 2 days 8-2pm. I worked full time monday-friday 3-11:30pm...see the overlap?? Not fun. I think just the fact that you are ABLE to quit your job and not have to work is a positive! At the time i had no support and i HAD to work. I graduated with Honors but it was not fun. Zombie Jenn for two years couldn't stay awake...nevermind keep a BF :lol: I think that it is great that you have such a great support system with Andrew that you can focus solely on your education and still be able to live.

Also it's good that your work seems to be willing to work with you so that you can attend your classes. I dont know many people that are in school that like the job they are in when it doesn't pertain to their goals for the future. But there are so many people who don't have any jobs or underpaying jobs, it's really good that you have a steady income and stable job.

These are a few things i think of when i'm feeling down about where I am in life. I know how disappointing it is to "feel behind" where you want/think you should be. I have been there and still am. I finished a degree i am not using. I am attempting to do a different degree and i too wouldn't be graduating until im 30 :-o But you have to see the POSITIVES. You are a intelligent and motivated young lady. You are going out and working towards getting a very demanding degree that is going to get you a REALLY good job. You have a roof over your head and a great FF who will always be there for you whether you are laughing, crying or just need to vent & that is really precious. Most people don't have even THAT in their life. The cars, houses and babies will all come in time. I am not extremely spiritual - but i believe everything happens in it's own time. The little bumps in the road prove to you that you are a survivor and eventually it will make you even more motivated to reach your goals. I think that you have a lot to feel proud about. You will make a fantastic AuD, mom and wife one day...the order is not as important as the journey getting there.

Keep your chin up and feel free to come here and "b#tch it out" anytime you need to vent or just need someone to listen!

(on a sidenote...i havent heard anything yet. Now they are saying next week. I hate this school. lol)
You ladies are wonderful. I'm trying to get my head around that this is not a bad thing and that it's supposed to happen this way. It'll come with time. It would be nice to already have a relationship with a few of the girls in my cohort and we'd also know the girls in the year ahead of us. And you're right, had I done this a few years ago I'd have had to take out way more loans because I'd have to pay for school and living expenses. At least this way we can live on Andrew's salary and minimize what we borrow.

My job will be flexible too, and always has been. I don't like what I do but the people I work with are supportive and kind. I am fortunate to have stable, well paying work with benefits and a somewhat flexible schedule. Not to mention my job comes with tuition waivers so the few classes I take part time next year will be covered and will reduce what I have to pay for in the first real year.

I know everything will come in time. I also know that there is no good time to get married, or have a baby, or buy a house, but I'm such a planner and sooo conservative that I want to be financially sound. I didn't have much growing up and my parents always lived paycheck to paycheck. I don't want to live like that any longer than necessary.

I listen to country music and there's a song that always comes to mind in situations like this. We're both Christian and believe that God has a plan for us and clearly this is the way it's supposed to unfold. There's a song that says, "And if you want to hear God laugh tell him your plans." So true. I can plan until I'm blue in the face but things don't always happen in the way or in the timeframe you want. I've got to take it in stride and focus on the good things happening in my life.

Thanks ladies.

And rsg -- I hope you hear soon! I can't believe they pushed it out another week!

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
It really is a "grieving" process to be honest. Once you get over the fact of what you "lost" you will find peace and happiness in the road that is being laid out for you.

side note: I listen to all country music too!!

audball

Ideal_Rock
redsoxgrl|1334366126|3170588 said:
It really is a "grieving" process to be honest. Once you get over the fact of what you "lost" you will find peace and happiness in the road that is being laid out for you.

side note: I listen to all country music too!!
Thanks rsg. It is, I'm already feeling better about it. Andrew will be home from work soon and we'll have some quality time together which will be nice.

I love how much we all have in common!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We're both Christian and believe that God has a plan for us and clearly this is the way it's supposed to unfold. There's a song that says, "And if you want to hear God laugh tell him your plans." So true. I can plan until I'm blue in the face but things don't always happen in the way or in the timeframe you want. I've got to take it in stride and focus on the good things happening in my life.

^ that right there is the most sound thing out of this whole board, and I'm not religious in the least bit. I'm still keeping a crossed finger for you in hopes that someone on the list decides to take another spot somewhere else.. But I honestly feel it's supposed to happen this way. I was just running my mind by SO earlier about how, if even the tiniest little event didn't happen (including my depression), I wouldn't have met him. Don't fight life's events. Embrace it. It's all going to work out, Aud :) The way it's supposed to happen.

audball

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1334414127|3170872 said:
We're both Christian and believe that God has a plan for us and clearly this is the way it's supposed to unfold. There's a song that says, "And if you want to hear God laugh tell him your plans." So true. I can plan until I'm blue in the face but things don't always happen in the way or in the timeframe you want. I've got to take it in stride and focus on the good things happening in my life.

^ that right there is the most sound thing out of this whole board, and I'm not religious in the least bit. I'm still keeping a crossed finger for you in hopes that someone on the list decides to take another spot somewhere else.. But I honestly feel it's supposed to happen this way. I was just running my mind by SO earlier about how, if even the tiniest little event didn't happen (including my depression), I wouldn't have met him. Don't fight life's events. Embrace it. It's all going to work out, Aud :) The way it's supposed to happen.
Thanks madelise! WE really feel that if this is how it's unfolded that it is in fact how it's supposed to. I'm feeling much better today about it and I feel like there are lots of good things going to happen for us in the coming year.

Thanks for the support ladies.

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
major Jenn update!

I just recieved my "conditional acceptance" into the nursing program!! Conditional due to the BCI check. LOL. I Know i can pass that! So I am VERY excited but also VERY nervous!

I need to find a new job...my job doesn't transfer anywhere else in the hospital...so i need plan B.

Plan B : Find 700 bucks and take CNA ASAP. It's 6 week program..take my boards and transfer to a P/T benefitted position all before September! Argh! Scary! I'm all hyped up and at work. I don't know what to do with myself! Luckily my FF is taking me out for a celebratory drink tonight after work! I've never had to borrow...so i need to navigate a fasfa...LOL. I'm completely scatterbrained right now, but just wanted to update!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redsoxgrl|1334714109|3173854 said:
major Jenn update!

I just recieved my "conditional acceptance" into the nursing program!! Conditional due to the BCI check. LOL. I Know i can pass that! So I am VERY excited but also VERY nervous!

I need to find a new job...my job doesn't transfer anywhere else in the hospital...so i need plan B.

Plan B : Find 700 bucks and take CNA ASAP. It's 6 week program..take my boards and transfer to a P/T benefitted position all before September! Argh! Scary! I'm all hyped up and at work. I don't know what to do with myself! Luckily my FF is taking me out for a celebratory drink tonight after work! I've never had to borrow...so i need to navigate a fasfa...LOL. I'm completely scatterbrained right now, but just wanted to update!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

*SQUEEE* I'm so excited for you! YAY!! Future Nurse RSG! :appl:

Your plan B sounds awesome! I have SOOO many different coworkers that were CNAs while they were attending school! Get your FAFSA filled out ASAP! And who cares if you're borrowing money! If you're borrowing it with a sound plan for payback, and the reason is a chance to grow exponentially financially, and it's risk is low, GO FOR IT. Besides, there's plenty of credit cards you can open now that have 0% interest for a full year. Of can you get it covered under a federal loan?

Aud I've been crossing my fingers for you all day, hoping you'd update us with some news.. .

audball

Ideal_Rock
redsoxgrl|1334714109|3173854 said:
major Jenn update!

OMG!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:
I'm so happy for you Jenn! I like your Plan B idea too! Most people I know are working as CNAs or LPNs while they're working on the RN. I'm so so so so so happy for you! :) :) :)

audball

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1334716524|3173895 said:
Aud I've been crossing my fingers for you all day, hoping you'd update us with some news.. .
Nothing so far...I'm really not expecting that to change. And honestly, even if something did come up, I think we'll be passing on it for this year. They're giving out the funding awards now and I'm not on the list and wouldn't be getting any. So even if a spot opens up it'll be WITHOUT funding for at least the first year and that doesn't sound like a fiscally responsible decision for us to make. As it is, for me to have started in Fall while Andrew is not quite finished, I'd be quitting my job (which is the one with stable income) to go back making pittance to what I'm used to while he's still only working part time to finish. He graduates in December and *hopefully* will be able to get something somewhat quickly which will set us up to be in a good spot next year. The idea will hopefully be for him to be gainfully employed by the time I have to quit so that we're still financially able to live off his income and only need to borrow enough to cover any tuition/fees etc that isn't covered by GA funding.

I'm happy and sad about this. I really just wanted to get started but I have a feeling that if this is how it's panned out, it's for a reason. I'm praying that God has a job in mind for Andrew and that we'll have the opportunity to build up some emergency savings and be able to financially sound while we take this AuD road together.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1334765611|3174272 said:
madelise|1334716524|3173895 said:
Nothing so far...I'm really not expecting that to change. And honestly, even if something did come up, I think we'll be passing on it for this year. They're giving out the funding awards now and I'm not on the list and wouldn't be getting any. So even if a spot opens up it'll be WITHOUT funding for at least the first year and that doesn't sound like a fiscally responsible decision for us to make. As it is, for me to have started in Fall while Andrew is not quite finished, I'd be quitting my job (which is the one with stable income) to go back making pittance to what I'm used to while he's still only working part time to finish. He graduates in December and *hopefully* will be able to get something somewhat quickly which will set us up to be in a good spot next year. The idea will hopefully be for him to be gainfully employed by the time I have to quit so that we're still financially able to live off his income and only need to borrow enough to cover any tuition/fees etc that isn't covered by GA funding.

I'm happy and sad about this. I really just wanted to get started but I have a feeling that if this is how it's panned out, it's for a reason. I'm praying that God has a job in mind for Andrew and that we'll have the opportunity to build up some emergency savings and be able to financially sound while we take this AuD road together.

What type of engineering does A do? Can he start interning asap? My SO and his friends that interned while in school were the ones who got jobs the quickest.. their host company just took them in upon graduation.

Wait, I thought you mentioned A has a job that's currently paying him as if he's already graduated?

audball

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1334770993|3174350 said:
What type of engineering does A do? Can he start interning asap? My SO and his friends that interned while in school were the ones who got jobs the quickest.. their host company just took them in upon graduation.

Wait, I thought you mentioned A has a job that's currently paying him as if he's already graduated?
Andrew is in Mechanical Engineering. He's applied for summer internships...still waiting to hear, it would definitely get him a better chance at something. His current job is not related at all, he just works part time in a college type job.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1334775110|3174417 said:

Andrew is in Mechanical Engineering. He's applied for summer internships...still waiting to hear, it would definitely get him a better chance at something. His current job is not related at all, he just works part time in a college type job.

Hm I must have gotten you confused with someone else then. I'll keep my fingers crossed for his summer internships! Once he does get a job, $ will be no issue : )

audball

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1334775949|3174441 said:
audball|1334775110|3174417 said:

Hm I must have gotten you confused with someone else then. I'll keep my fingers crossed for his summer internships! Once he does get a job, $ will be no issue : )
It's true! As soon as he gets one we'll be golden. It's just a matter of when/where.... :errrr: Hopefully it won't take long.

audball

Ideal_Rock
I found out that the frames I picked are from the Ted Baker London line. They're called Revolver and are in the Tortoise/Grey combo. A found a picture online and attached it!

ted-baker-B827-eyeglasses-tortoise-grey.jpg

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh I love em! A cross between cat eye and modern squares!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! I should have the soon and will post pictures! :)

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1334780774|3174504 said:
It's true! As soon as he gets one we'll be golden. It's just a matter of when/where.... :errrr: Hopefully it won't take long.

Do you know what field he wants to go into? SO and all his friends went into DOD work for the government. SO no longer does that stuff, but is still contracted, so he can work if they ever need an extra helping hand. Government jobs = awesome benefits. And a lot of holidays off :naughty: which is bomb.com since you'll have those holidays off from school, too..

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
i love love love those glasses Aud!!

I see myself in all your posts...just obviously different scenarios. I am a "planner". I get anxious and stressed out really quick when something is out of my control. All i can think of are the variables that can make it change course, and i drive myself completely loopy. (which i am now with this whole RN thing). FF is amazing, just tells me everything will work out blah blah...but sometimes that makes me more crazy because there is just too many ? and not enough answers!

With that being said, i hope that A will be able to find a sweet summer internship! With that degree and your future degree, i see plenty of bling bling in your future, and you'll look back and love each other even more for the sacrifice you guys made together to get there :)

audball

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1334788651|3174579 said:
audball|1334780774|3174504 said:

Do you know what field he wants to go into? SO and all his friends went into DOD work for the government. SO no longer does that stuff, but is still contracted, so he can work if they ever need an extra helping hand. Government jobs = awesome benefits. And a lot of holidays off :naughty: which is bomb.com since you'll have those holidays off from school, too..
He hasn't really decided yet. Which is good/bad. He doesn't have his heart set on one thing or another and is flexible in terms of what he's willing to do. A government job would be awesome. My own personal goal is to be an AuD for the VA hospital so I can get federal benefits and a pension!

audball

Ideal_Rock
redsoxgrl|1334791622|3174622 said:
i love love love those glasses Aud!!

I see myself in all your posts...just obviously different scenarios. I am a "planner". I get anxious and stressed out really quick when something is out of my control. All i can think of are the variables that can make it change course, and i drive myself completely loopy. (which i am now with this whole RN thing). FF is amazing, just tells me everything will work out blah blah...but sometimes that makes me more crazy because there is just too many ? and not enough answers!

With that being said, i hope that A will be able to find a sweet summer internship! With that degree and your future degree, i see plenty of bling bling in your future, and you'll look back and love each other even more for the sacrifice you guys made together to get there :)
Thanks rsg! Yeah...we do sound similar. Andrew balances me like your FF seems to balance you. Isn't it wonderful?

All fingers crossed for the internships!

audball

Ideal_Rock
How's it going ladies?!

I've got my glasses. I need to get a picture taken! I'll work on that...

Anything else new with you guys?

rsg -- I hope you didn't feel attacked in your other tread, I don't think anyone meant harm by the things they said. It's just without a lot of extra information, it could seem bad to some. I didn't really read into it until someone else said something. But the important this is that you are happy with the decision and that you're getting a BGD!!! :) :)

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Way cute glasses, aud! I really need to get myself to an eye doctor because I'm all out of contacts and I want new glasses too, but my prescription has expired. Bleh!! Where to get the motivation to do this?

audball

Ideal_Rock
star sparkle|1335301673|3179699 said:
Way cute glasses, aud! I really need to get myself to an eye doctor because I'm all out of contacts and I want new glasses too, but my prescription has expired. Bleh!! Where to get the motivation to do this?
Thanks! Just make the call and get an appointment! :) :) :appl:

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
audball|1335307810|3179790 said:

Haha, you make it sound so easy. Truthfully, though, I absolutely DREAD going to the doctor; doesn't matter what doctor it is or what it's for, it makes me really nervous and anxious just THINKING about going. :errrr:

I know it drives T nuts because whenever I think something is wrong with me he's like "just go to the doctor already." And then I don't, lather, rinse, repeat.

audball

Ideal_Rock
star sparkle|1335308090|3179796 said:
audball|1335307810|3179790 said:

Haha, you make it sound so easy. Truthfully, though, I absolutely DREAD going to the doctor; doesn't matter what doctor it is or what it's for, it makes me really nervous and anxious just THINKING about going. :errrr:

I know it drives T nuts because whenever I think something is wrong with me he's like "just go to the doctor already." And then I don't, lather, rinse, repeat.
Haha, I'm sorry you struggle with it! For the eye doctor, just try to mask the going to the doctor part by getting new glasses! Maybe just go in to browse at frames and make an appointment while you're there?

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
audball|1335308163|3179797 said:
Haha, I'm sorry you struggle with it! For the eye doctor, just try to mask the going to the doctor part by getting new glasses! Maybe just go in to browse at frames and make an appointment while you're there?

Good idea! I know that one of these days I just need to man up and do it, but what's the harm in putting it off a leeeetle bit longer? :naughty: Haha, I'm so bad. :nono:

audball

Ideal_Rock
star sparkle|1335308438|3179803 said:

Good idea! I know that one of these days I just need to man up and do it, but what's the harm in putting it off a leeeetle bit longer? :naughty: Haha, I'm so bad. :nono:
The harm is that you are going THAT much longer with out fancy new spectacles!! :tongue:

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
audball|1335308501|3179804 said:
star sparkle|1335308438|3179803 said:

The harm is that you are going THAT much longer with out fancy new spectacles!! :tongue:

True, but I never wear glasses out in public anyway so I don't really NEED fancy new ones. The only time I wear them is in the evenings right before bed, so T is the only one who ever sees them anyway.

Why am I arguing both sides of this? I know I need to go just because I need more contacts, but I seem to be trying to talk myself out of it. Ugh!

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
audball|1335279313|3179379 said:
How's it going ladies?!

I've got my glasses. I need to get a picture taken! I'll work on that...

Anything else new with you guys?

rsg -- I hope you didn't feel attacked in your other tread, I don't think anyone meant harm by the things they said. It's just without a lot of extra information, it could seem bad to some. I didn't really read into it until someone else said something. But the important this is that you are happy with the decision and that you're getting a BGD!!! :) :)

pics please of the glasses!!!!

I kinda did feel attacked...so i'm trying to just let that thread die haha. I understand that they are looking out and i def appreciate it - but like you said it is HARD to see an entire picture with just a few words. I kinda wish i left that whole watch portion out. Oh well... My point was pricescope has changed me, and now all i want is the very best that our budget can buy!! But YES!!!! I am getting a BGD!! LOL. He asked me to send him pics and links in an email. His friends are already starting since i'm off the T&Co bandwagon. Last night his friend said i have to talk to his ring guy "Pierre"...LOL i was like UGHHH no! Haha, he's cute though, he said he is going through the links i gave him, not someone's "guy".

TBH, a LOT has been going on. Guess what?! I have to appeal to get financial aid! haha. I have never used financial aid before, and paid cash for my prior associate degree, but i guess because i already have an associates degree they dont think they should have to pay! LOL. I guess these denials and subsequent appeals happen quite frequently, esp in nursing program because people are underemployed etc and need to go back to school and dont have the $$ to do it. I was FREAKING out at first, i marched to financial aid and advising. I have all the paperwork together and i wrote a nice appeal letter on why i need financial aid and how i couldnt find gainful employment in my prior degree. Unfortunately, i am at a standstill as i cannot appeal until my major is changed to nursing - which is out of my hands, they nursing dept does this - and/or when i'm enrolled in the first class for nursing - which again is out of my hands, they auto enroll us. I'm trying to get some answers if the official acceptance letter is enough to get it appealed. I am a planner so this has been giving me aniexty for the last few days. I must have written like 5 versions of a letter, which no one told me exactly what to write in it...for all i know its gonna be so long they are gonna deny me on the spot ;-)

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
i lost my timeframe on the edit button...errrrr

LOL

I have a question regarding the setting from BGD...the pave diamonds are going to be F/G...does that mean my center stone needs to be an F/G?? I'm totally ok with that but i think i can get slightly larger of a stone in the H range...and i dont mind going as low of as an I...except now i saw that disclaimer and i dont want it to all look weird...LOL. Maybe this is just a premature question as it is not happening for a long time, but i just want to be educated :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results