shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Lilmissrugger

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
We want stories and we want them NOW!
31.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
stories!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Me too!! I''ve been checking up on here and I see nothing!!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Me too!

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
1237362kzr93ptkp.gif

9.gif

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
yeah! what they said! plus, we want to know how the whole parents meeting went.
36.gif

katomm

Shiny_Rock
Yes, updates needed asap!!

pluck15

Shiny_Rock
I''m hoping that since she''s not responding, that means she''s out celebrating a new engagement!!!!
Come back and tell us details puh-leeeeeeeeez
9.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2009 10:48:52 AM
Author: pluck15
I''m hoping that since she''s not responding, that means she''s out celebrating a new engagement!!!!
9.gif
I agree... but she should know better then to make a LIW wait.... tsk tsk
19.gif

pluck15

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/8/2009 10:50:39 AM
Author: ckrickett

9.gif
19.gif
Agreed, especially when there are potential pictures involved!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2009 10:52:54 AM

Date: 7/8/2009 10:50:39 AM
Author: ckrickett

9.gif
19.gif
Agreed, especially when there are potential pictures involved!
There better be pages and pages of pictures, know what I''m sayin!?

lilmissrugger

Shiny_Rock
Ahhh!
I''m here!!! I know, I know, I''m awful to make you guys wait, and I''m even MORE awful because although I have the camera where I am, the camera cord is in a different place I won''t be able to get to until friday, BUT...

HE PROPOSED!!!!

And it was AMAZING... (WARNING: this is a looooong one)

So it all started out on Friday, when he got me the manicure and took me to see the movie ''The Proposal''. Saturday morning, my fiance (yep, still giddy when I type it!!!) woke me at 6:00 in the morning with breakfast in bed, and says, "Alrighty, you eat up because we have a BIG day ahead of us. I know you like to relax and not have to plan, so I have made ALL the decisions about today." (Which was incredible- I''m always the one keeping track of our schedule, what we have to do, etc)
So I eat, then we take a shower together *blush*--just to get clean!!!
We go back upstairs, and he has an outfit laid out for me. I get dressed, we hop into the car, and he blindfolds me. We drive down to a train station, get starbucks, and while we''re waiting in the car for the train, he pulls out a ring box. I start freaking out, saying "oh my god, oh my god!" because I think this is it! He says, "Keighley, I love you very much, and I know you haven''t seen this in a long time...but will you drink this mead with me?"
In the box is a cheap 25 cent ring, and he pulls out a bottle of mead that he made- the last one- from the same batch of mead that we drank a bottle of the first night we met. It was so sweet! (of course, I punched him, like, 7 times). We get on the train (after having some mead) and he pulls out another ring box- I was skeptical this time, and he asks me, "Keighley, will you go to Chicago with me?" And I say yes, of course.

We get into Chicago and we go to the Taste of Chicago, and we''re only there for about half an hour (we tried a steak sandwich, some shrimp, and a glass of wine) and he tells me we have somewhere to be, but that we''ll come back. We hop on a train, get off of it, and walk about six blocks, where he leads me to the basement of this big building, which was a Spa!!! (Which, if any of you ladies are located in or near Chicago and are looking for a great place to relax, Allyu Spa was amazing!) We go in, and he pulls out a nicer ring box- he had bought me a claddaugh ring last year, but I had broken it some time in January- well, he had gotten it fixed, and proposed that we "have a couples massage together"-- something I''ve been wanting to do for a whiiiile.

After the massage (which was HEAVENLY) we went back to The Taste and ate SOOO much good food. (He had originally wanted to take me to get my hair done after the massage, but the place he planned to go to was only open until noon on the fourth, and he couldn''t find another open salon). We went on a ferris wheel, where he took out ANOTHER ring box and "proposed" that we "share a kiss at the top of the ferris wheel"- and we did :). By this time, I have FOUR rings on my right hand...but none on my left.

Dinner time rolls around and he tells me that we have to go to a very specific booth for dinner. Now, I know that Gyros aren''t exactly the idea of romance, but any time he and I are doing something romantic in the city, we always happen upon a gyro place and indulge, so the fiance (hehe!) had researched ahead of time to make sure there was a booth that served gyros, and we had those for dinner.

Around 7:20, we left The Taste and started walking back to union station- instead, however, we went to the Sears Tower- we got up to the top, and he asked me to find window space toward Navy Pier so we could watch the Fireworks, while he got batteries for his camera (his camera died when we were at the Taste the first time). He joined me, and then as the fireworks started going off, he got on his knee, said an uber sweet speech, and proposed- a year from the day we first said I love you during the fireworks
9.gif
30.gif
9.gif
30.gif
9.gif

IT WAS AMAZING!!!

Sorry this was such a long post, and that I have no pictures, but I will have them on Friday!!

Oh! Also, he proposed using his mother''s (who has passed) original engagement ring-- I love it!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Sorry for making you ladies wait so long! Won''t do it again!!!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
aww it was worth the wait to hear that great story! Congratulations
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

pluck15

Shiny_Rock
YAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!! Congratulations!! That''s such a cute story
36.gif
36.gif
I love that he "proposed" so many different things before you got the actual ring, thats so cute! I''m so excited for you and I can''t wait to see the pics!!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
AW thats such an awesome proposal story I''m so excited for you!!!!
congrats lady..

now hurry up and get that cord!!

lilmissrugger

Shiny_Rock
Hahaha, I will, I will! Thank you to all you ladies for the congrats!!!
9.gif

elation

Rough_Rock
Aaah! CONGRATULATIONS!!
I loved reading your proposal story! It made me smile all the way through =)

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
What an AWESOME proposal!!! Awwww can''t wait to see pics!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Fantastic Proposal!! CONGRATULATIONS

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!! What a romantic proposal!!
Can''t wait to see pics
1.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Yay!!
36.gif
36.gif

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
YAY.....CONGRATS!
35.gif
36.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
OH AWESOME!!!

A proposal on top of the Sears Tower. (I LOVE that place, LOVE Chicago! My family is from there) What a dream!!

Congratulatuions..................pictures please
30.gif

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
That is an amazing story!!! Congratulations!! You are much more patient than me.. I would have gone crazy with all of those ring boxes!!

Ok enough chatting, we need pictures!
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results