shape
carat
color
clarity

Brand New Here- Def LIW!

Pittsburghlicious

Rough_Rock
Hello there, I am a twenty six year old from Pittsburgh. I have an amazing boyfriend of almost four years and we are just starting to look for our first home together! I know a lot of ladies think their SO is the best but I am truly lucky that I met him. I was in a bad relationship and forcing things to make it work and all of a sudden he came into my life and I have never looked back. Loving, truthful, respectful and hilarious are just a few things that come to mind when I think of him! When I am with him I feel so loved and safe! i am truly lucky that my family adores him almost as much as i do. He says my Uncle is "like a brother" to him and he can be around my mom for hours and not run out of things to say! he is truly a part of the family already. He comes from divorced parents and in the beginning of our relationship did not think he would ever want to get married. I hoped that if our relationship kept growing he would eventually change his mind. I was confident that this is the man I will spend the rest of my life with, but I was hoping as a married couple instead of "roommates." I'm happy to say that over time his mind has changed and now as he says "You're going to get a ring! I just don't know when." I know buying a house is going to be our first big step and I hope I won't have to wait too much longer after that! Of course, I also know my taste in diamonds and lets say I can definitely wait a little longer to get my dream ring since I already have my dream man! The great thing about my SO is that he knows exactly what I'm thinking before it even comes out of my mouth and he knows my taste in rings so I don't need to worry about dropping hints or going to look for ideas! I always tell him I want to be super surprised when it happens, I don't want to have any idea! Please add me to the list of LIW. I am excited to share stories and experiences with other women going through the same thing. It's easy to get impatient or jealous of others at times and we all need to look out for one another and stay positive!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: Herro!! It sounds like you've got yourself a dreamboat of a man! Good luck on house hunting! I think that's probably more fun than bling hunting. ::) How'd you two meet? What is your "dream ring" that he knows about?

Pittsburghlicious|1376017593|3499468 said:
It's easy to get impatient or jealous of others at times and we all need to look out for one another and stay positive!

Absolutely. I'd be nuts by now if it weren't for my current and graduate LIW ladies!!! I hope you post often!

Pittsburghlicious

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the warm welcome! I met him at the mall that we were both working at. We had seen each other a lot in passing but never really talked. The day he came up to me I felt like captain frumpy! Ugly work uniform, glasses on, messy hair pulled bank and barely any makeup on! Of course he picked that day to tell me he would like to take me out sometime! We exchanged numbers and had our first real date a few weeks later. We have been inseparable since. It's been so fun to watch each other grow both personally and professionally. I'm happy to say neither of us has worked in the mall in over 3 years and I no longer have to wear a frumpy uniform to work :D my dream ring is a two carat round or emerald. I don't care for much detail, I would be more than happy with a solitaire or micro pave band and i am a fan of rose gold or white gold. i feel that i dont want to go any smaller than 1.3. so i know what i want but im leaving some room for him to suprise me! I wear a ring size 9 so i feel like i need a bigger diamond and i also just love diamonds in general. I have been diamond crazed since a trip to the jewelry store with my uncle about 20 years ago when the jeweler asked me if I wanted to try on a 5 carat ring they had just gotten in! My Uncle looked at me and said to for it! You may never again have the chance to wear a diamond this large again! And It was love at first sight! Thanks again! Looking forward to reading and sharing more

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Hi and welcome!!! I love your enthusiasm, we could definitely use more of that around here!! Both of your preferred options sound absolutely wonderful. Have you tried either shape on though? I always thought emeralds were an interesting shape but when I tried them on I knew they just weren't for me (then of course I ended up getting a emerald cut colored stone to make into a ring but that's another story altogether haha). Just wanted to make sure because sometimes theory is better than the reality.

How fun that you got to try on a 5ct ring! Do you remember any of the specs? I tried on a 5ct cushion at Tiffany's once in Toronto...it was a magical experience. I didn't want to take it off :bigsmile: :$$):

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome! May your stay be short and sweet! Sounds like you have a wonderful guy.

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
Welcome. Your guy sounds awesome. Good luck on your house hunt. We've been doing that some, and talk about frustrating!

Jumpin_Jacks

Rough_Rock
Welcome!! We've given up on the house hunt for now. I hear ya about larger finger size, I'm a 7.5 and everyone here has little fingers and makes me wish I could get finger lipo to make the rock look huge!! I'm happy though, ideal cut so it'll be super sparkly when I get it. Lots of dust....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results