shape
carat
color
clarity

Birthday Proposal!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KimberJEB

Shiny_Rock
Ok, I am still in shock and it is barely sinking in. But, here it goes. A little background I guess is good. Daniel and I grew up 2 miles from eachother, both on the St. Johns River. My mom and his dad grew up aout a mile from eachother, our grandparents were friends, and we all went to the same church (our parents as children, us as children). Anyway, we are all boat people. From the time my mom was a teenager she would go on the boat to "Black Creek" (a little creek a 20 min boat ride a way) and so would his dad. And Daniel and I practically grew up on it. And we have spent a LOT of weekends there together.

I was really really dreading this birthday. I know it was silly, but my mom was 24 when I was born, and for some reason this year just felt OLD! I was kind of depressed about it. But yesterday morning Daniel brought me roses and breakfast in bed and told me he was taking me out in the boat. (he brings me LOTS of roses and breakfasts in bed, so I wasn''t suspicious, lol). We went on the boat - he insisted on taking our dogs - and drove down black creek. We stopped at this spot where we like to let the dogs out to play. I started to get out of the boat and he asked me to go to the back of the boat to see him for a minute. So I did and he just hugged me and said Happy Birthday. The whole thing was weird. He was being sweet but acting - nervous, I guess?

I was confused - thinking it maybe was happening, but at the same time, I gave up hope a long long time ago. So I said I was getting in the water adn he said just a minute. So we made small talk (I told you he was being weird) for a minute, and then he got down on one knee, told me he loved me and wanted to spend his life with me and asked me to marry him. Then he gave me my ring (Vatch Royal Crown w/ 1 ct Asha - I asked for an Asha, we could have afforded real, but I wanted to get completely out of debt). I of course said yes, but then jsut stood there.

It took me about 2 hours to realize it was real. We went to his parents house to drop the boat off and I saw his stepmom and showed her my ring and it started to sink in. Oh - and he brought me a Bride''s magazine last night...lol:)

The thing is, my birthday wouldn''t have been the day I would have picked, and honestly I was hoping for some drawn out, organized proposal, but in reality this was PERFECT - it was us, alone, in our favorite place. And he was NERVOUS - I really loved that:)
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Ok, so I dont have pics of MY ring yet, but here is a generic whiteflash pic of the royal crown just for anyone who doesn''t know what it looks like
26.gif
Oh - and he got it from Wink jones.

gi_DV-922W_f.jpg

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! I wish my BF brought me roses and breakfast in bed on a regular basis. Daniel sounds like a keeper!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
KimberJEB! Wow that''s amazing, and so sweet. I can''t wait to see the pics of your ring. Congrats!!

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your proposal and your birthday!! What a memorable birthday (especially since you were dreading it at first!) Can''t wait to see the hand pix!!

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
What a lovely way to propose plus it was your birthday. What a special birthday gift.
Congratulations to you both. Hugs to you.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!! Glad he made your birthday so special. I just love the royal crown... it was my first favorite and in a way what i have is similar. Cant wait to see yours!!!
emphoto.gif
emstar.gif

The boys seem to be getting a itch for giving the rings... WHOSE NEXT?!?!?!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! That sounds like a supper spiffy day, I love the fact that he bought you a bridal magazine.
31.gif
How seet! I cannot wait to see your ring!
36.gif

jam2005

Rough_Rock
KimberJEB,

What a sweet and lovely proposal! Congratulations!
36.gif

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!! What a sweet proposal!
36.gif
It is great that he chose a spot that has so much meaning for the both of you!

On another note...I love Black Creek! I grew up in Jax too (Mandarin) and when we had a boat we would go there to eat our lunch and count the alligators! Where did you go to school?

icekid

Ideal_Rock
i love that setting too! it is definitely fabulous... congrats!! sounds like you have a wonderful boy there
1.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I think you captured the part I look forward to - when you think, omg could this be it, and then you watch their nervousness.

Congratulations on your engagement!!!

Can''t wait to see that setting!!!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
So what''d he get you for your birthday?

Just kidding
2.gif

Seriously, that sounds like one sweet day, put a smile on my face to read about it! Congratulations and send us some pics when whyn you can!

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Many congrats!!
36.gif

Were you the person who had posted about wanting to be married at their mom''s house? Does this mean you can definitely do it?
10.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!! Love the story...

Now its time to come on over to the Brides board!!!!
9.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations--what a wonderful, sweet proposal! I love that he bought you a Brides magazine too!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results