shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you sitting down?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
This is the "cut to the chase" end (beginning!!) of the story from the other thread.
http://www.pricescope.com/forum/ladies-in-waiting/blueroses-t42726-240.html

Nutshell is that after months of drama, couples' counseling, separations, work on ourselves and on our relationship, my boyfriend of ten years (next week) and I finally ended our relationship about 5 1/2 weeks ago. I finally said don't call me, don't text message me, my bottom line is clear, I can not move forward with us any longer unless there is a commitment to marriage, this is not an ultimatum, it's just what I need for my life and it isn't happening and I HAVE to move on now. It was terrifying and sad, but it was what it was. Masochists can feel free to check out the old thread for the long version
11.gif

So he got in touch with me on Friday. Series of communications, we met up, and here's where the story continues from where the other thread left off:

I perch on the chair, not getting comfortable, and he sits on the couch and starts to talk—these last couple years, in particular the last many months in counseling together and these last 5 weeks of being totally apart he’s been really introspective and doing a lot of work on himself, he couldn’t begin to fathom the pain that his fear and indecision had put me through, his life has been just stuck and empty without me, without us, he loves me, yes he’s scared, but he could be scared till he’s 40, 50, 80 and then he’s just scaring his life away, he’s I don’t know-ing his life away and it’s just time to f-ing LIVE his life, to live our lives, and we’re too good together, this is what’s right (this is all a blur and I am completely paraphrasing.) What I do remember is that he started, then says, “I MUST be sick, my heart is POUNDING!!” and then we hear a thump which means “Mattie down” so we have to go to the other room and check on him and get him upright again. He said that he had a whole speech worked out and chastised himself for not being very eloquent and not expressing himself well and I said no, he was expressing himself just fine. I mean, all signs pointed to where this was going but I couldn’t let myself even think that this was happening until it happened after all we’ve been through, so what I remember is looking at this TINY spider on the floor near his foot while he talked. At one point he asked if I had anything to say and I said, uh, no, you called me over here! So he went into his bedroom (about the time he said he wasn’t expressing himself well) and then asked me to close my eyes. So I did and he asked me to hold out my hand. I opened my eyes and he had handed me this gift bag that had a wiener dog on it and said “hot diggity dog” (very us.) Inside was a long gift-wrapped box. He asked me to stand up, and he was on his knees. I take the box out and as soon as I saw what it was started getting so shaky—the wrapping on it was the Atlanta MARTA map. (We met sitting next to each other on MARTA after closing ceremonies in 1996.) SO I open it up, and it’s a Tiffany box. A long one—and I have to admit that about 1% of me was like JESUS, if this is another %^&$ silver tiffany necklace….So I open up the box and then I’m like Miss America with the shakiness and crying. It’s two sharpie pens. One with his initials, one with mine, and underneath them a paper napkin ring that he’d tried to put on my finger back in 9/04 as a placeholder ring but I wouldn’t take it b/c he wouldn’t ask. (Back in the day in my frustration I’d said I don’t need a ring, I’ll take tinfoil, a breadtie, draw a damn line on my finger with a SHARPIE PEN!!!!) So that’s what I got. 2 engagement sharpies in the blue box, wrapped up in a Marta map. Anyway, I open the box and he (through the blurry haze) said something like, “Let’s have a great life. Marry me.” And I said Yes. And at that exact moment, NO LIE, Mattie walked right between where he knelt and I stood and Fell down splat, sprawled right on the floor between us and FI(!!!!!!) said, AW, he wanted to be a part of it!! And he said marry me again and I said yes and then I said “Are you serious” and “Are you sure” about 5 or 6 times. And we each drew a ring on each other’s ring finger with the sharpie with our own initials. I’ll have pictures of our “rings” soon. I drew a band on him and he drew the most wacked out quasi-trillion solitaire (with sparkles coming off it!!) Love it!!!

CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I called my parents—who have loved and been super close to him but with these separations hadn’t seen him in over 7 months—and cautiously told them I had a familiar face to bring over who wanted to say something to them and of course they knew what was up. (Oh, Fi had a bottle of Dom in the fridge that he said he’d been prepared to drink alone if I’d said no) And truthfully, my saying yes was not a foregone conclusion. Driving to meet him I knew that this was a possibility and was really thinking about. But after the 5 weeks totally apart and the time that preceded it I felt like it would need to be some pretty serious words spoken, a big gesture. I didn’t know what I would say IF it happened….but it did, and I did.

Anyway, we went to my parents’, the boy gave them a modified version of the speech and finished it with asking them for my hand in marriage (AAAAWWW!!!) and my dad said that if that was what I wanted then that was what they wanted and my mom concurred and then it was hugs and tears and handshakes and champagne all around and (unfortunately for our heads) two bottles of champagne and phone calls to his parents (who were groggy on the east coast) and my sister, a few relatives…..my older nephew said “Gratulations!!” and agreed that he could get used to saying “Uncle.”

It is so nice to go from breaking the news about “well we’re no longer together” to “Well, we got ENGAGED” in like, lightening speed. I never thought that I would get proposed to out of the relationship ending, but given EVERYTHING I don’t know that it would have happened any other way. It turns out that he had his whole sharpie/map/gift package all wrapped up and ready to go for a month just sitting on his dresser and has been getting ready and embracing his fear (wrestling his inner peter pan!)

So that is that!

BLUEROSES IS ENGAGED!!!!!!!

SATAN, PUT ON A SWEATER!!!!!

WILBUR, GET DOWN FROM THERE, YOU DON’T HAVE WINGS!!!!!!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Oh my god. Oh Blue. I''m crying my eyes out. I am bawling. Oh god. From the bottom of my heart, there is no one here on this earth that deserves it more. I''m sending you the biggest virtual hug. Congrats

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

YAY!!!!!!!!!! BLUEROSES!!!!!!!! I literally just cried when I read this..cried like a baby I tell you. I am just so happy for you that I cannot even put it into words. Does this also mean you a rejoining us on PS. there are some great wedding planners on this site too
31.gif
. Yay, yay, yay!!!!!!!

oh and i love the "satan get your sweater" comment
3.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
OMG CONGRATS!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I''m so happy that everything worked out in the end!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I had to send that because I wanted to be the very first one to say congrats. You are so unique, so wonderful. And he had better know that he is getting the deal of the century. My heart is pounding for you. I can not believe you left us hanging like this, but it''s so worth it. I can''t stop crying.

CONGRATS!!!! Be back when more coherent.

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
That is some of the best news I have heard!!!! Although I have never commented on everything you have been going through, I have been following it diligently and must say this is WONDERFUL!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Congrats, congrats, congrats! What a whirlwind for you (and him)! Can''t wait for the "ring" pictures!
face23.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Wheeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SO HAPPY to get to share this with you guys!!!

Ally, it means so much for you to be the first to congratulate me little Missy--you started that MASSIVE thread that brought me so much support and so many virtual hugs. THANK YOU so, so much. I''m sorry I left you guys hanging...(but today I tried to keep it fairly quick with the linky!!!)

Thanks Mrs. S and Robbie!!! Yay!!!! The words of encouragement all along the way from you guys have been so wonderful! And MrsS, you got it babe, I am back on PS.....we are not going to set a date for a few months....we are thinking tentatively somewhere between Aug ''07 to Feb ''08 (WIDE range!) but we have really not been together as a couple for almost 8 months so we want to really focus on the engagement for a few months and then hopefully get things nailed down around Christmas/New Years.

EVERYONE, I''m sorry again for the way I drop off the face of the earth. I grieve inwardly when I should reach out. Not good. But now......Happy happy
6.gif
9.gif
36.gif

MrsS, I owe you an e-mail, lady--I''m sorry!! But hey, now that the bf is my fi (I''ve been calling him Fifi!) we can go see Wicked AGAIN....a perm. production is coming to LA!)

It''s ironic b/c I was steeling myself to come on PS THIS week to break the news that it was really and truly over; I just couldn''t bring myself to do it before and it made me too sad.

Anyway, it will be some months before I''m in full swing on BWW with planning (baby steps with the boy! He may be embracing the fear, but that doesn''t mean it''s GONE!) But I *am* going dress shopping just to get ideas.....TODAY!! My first time EVER!!!!

missladiva

Rough_Rock
Wow! Wow! Congratulations!!!! I''m so happy for you!!!

TAKE BLUEROSES OFF THE LIST!!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
omg blueroses....i had a sneaking suspicion...and i am so glad that my inner romantic was right!!! CONGRATS...the longest coming most heartfelt congratulations to you both. him for working past his mental issues which is not an easy feat and you for hanging in there and hoping in your heart. i am SO happy that it worked out this way for you, you know i love a happy ending and sometimes a separation really shows you both what you are missing and that you ARE perfect for each other. massive best wishes for you both. this happy ending seriously takes the cake for the best story EVER.

YAY!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

soooo now for the typical bling-whore PS question.
31.gif
are you guys going to choose an e-ring together?

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, congratulations Blue!!! That''s great news and such a sweet proposal, he put so much thought into it! I''m so happy for you!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwwwww! Now I want a Sharpie ring, LOL!
36.gif
That is such fantastic news. Congratulations Blueroses!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Best wishes for a happily-ever-after for you both!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
OMG, Blue, that is such utter fabulous, amazing, heart-breaking (in a good way), joyful and LONG DUE news!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you guys, and that proposal was stunning!!!!!!!!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Alright!!! All cried out. Tearful yet......................... down to business (cause this is PS)
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif

Are we talking Asscher baby? Halo Daniel K style? (are you picking it out with your man, or are you and the ladies on PS picking it out
9.gif
9.gif
)

Aww...I have to go back to the proposal.... I read it like 3 times. The way you wrote it, everything. I was sitting right there with you watching SUV on Columbus day. And I'm happy the thread made you smile. You're just awesome. And I'm glad you shared this special moment with all of us.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
blueroses,

I have followed your story silently for some time (long before I actually joined the PS world, when I chose to live in lurkerdom). I just want to express my heartfelt happiness for you and for you fiance. Your story has brought me to tears it is so sweet and wonderful and romantic in that fairytale movie sort of way. Cogratulations to you both.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I''ve been away from PS this week because I''ve been swamped with work, but when I saw this thread on a quick ''cheating'' break from work I had to respond!

I''m so so so happy for you. You have done a lot of work and soul searching in this relationship and I am so glad that things have worked out for you. Can''t wait to see your sharpie rings as well as the real ones someday!!
36.gif
36.gif

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

CONGRATS

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

oh and thanks for making me cry at work.
11.gif
3.gif
3.gif

therighttime

Shiny_Rock
WOW! Congratulations! What a sweet proposal with the sharpies!! And so great that you got to share it with your parents immediately. I''ve followed your thread and been waiting for an update. I''m sorry happy for you that things worked out this way!! I posted earlier today that I wondered who would be next. Whoever guessed you was right!!!
36.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay yay yay! Congrats Blueroses, along with everyone else I am just thrilled to bits for you. Your sharpie e-ring will take the cake for the best, most meaning e-ring ever! I want pics!

You deserve the best and I hope you will visit us more often with news of wedding planning.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

OMG!!!!! I knew it!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!! I am SO HAPPY for YOU!!!!!!
xxoo Lisa
35.gif
9.gif

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
What a wonderful, wonderful story. I am so glad for you.
36.gif

I only recently ventured into reading the LIW stories, so it was just this past week that I became acquainted with the long path your relationship took. I can''t tell you how excited and happy I am! I''m hearing "What a wonderful world" in my head and smiling for you.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Ok so I suppose you want me to take you off the list then??
emwink.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

2.gif

CONGRATS!!! Number one is OFF!!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Blue! I'm so happy and excited for you! Congratulations!!!! When you said he went to bikram yoga with you, I knew it was true love, b/c I can't even get DH to do that with me. I also love that he thought about all those sentimental things from your relationship to incorporate into the proposal. And extra bonus points for the Dom...I had that on mine it was the best!

And yes following Ally, I can't wait to hear all the details about the real ring, because we all know you've had plenty of time to dream up the perfect one, and you certainly deserve it!

ETA: the only thing that kept me from crying while reading this, is that I'm at work, but I did have a huge smile on my face!

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I haven''t followed your story but just wanted to say congratulations! I am really glad it all worked out for you after waiting for so long.

LuckyLady

Rough_Rock
I have been silently following your story and rooting for you... I have been hoping you would get a happy ending!

Congratulations on a hard-fought and well-deserved love. He must really really love you to take what is obviously a huge leap of faith for him. And while you had a HARD wait on the LIW, can I just say that that is the most beautiful, romantic, thoughtful, creative proposal! Man, when he decided to go for it, he wasn''t kidding around!

I wish you you a lifetime of happiness with your FIANCE!!!!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh blueroses, I am so thrilled for you! I am so glad it worked out and that he came to his senses! Congratulations!
36.gif
36.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU girls, SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to come back and thank every one of you by name but right now I have to go get in the shower b/c if I don''t my number one bridesmaidzilla will kick my keister. We are going DRESSSHOPPING!!!! (She and I have been friends since we were 4 and she is a bossy lady and I can''t be in uggs and a robe having composed this saga all morning and not much else today when she gets here!!)

I had written a LOOOONG response that the server ate!!! GRRRR!!!!!

Long story short. We have a family ring to work with!!! I know NOTHING ABOUT IT. It was his grandmother''s that she put away for the firstborn grandchild to be married and his mom is going to bring it with her (his parents are coming out to visit next week--already were, in fact!) I assume it will probably be RB or OEC, it''s just more likely, and I am ABSOLUTELY thinking halo halo halo!!!!

Oh lord, I want to write so much more!!! But seriously this girl is going to be the one who keeps all the OTHER girls in line on the day, so I have to get in the shower or she will take me to bridal stores in my robe.

All of your responses mean SO SO SO MUCH to me!!!! And they will to him too!!!

HUGE HUGS AND THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I haven''t even read the rest of the thread yet, just your first post, but I had to go ahead and say

emotion-19.gif
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
emotion-19.gif

OMG Blue, my heart is seriously pounding right now! When I started reading about everything he was saying I started thinking, "is this going where I think it''s going....oh my gosh...ohhhhh my gosh" and sure enough, it went there!!! I am THRILLLLLLLED for you, just thrilled, and I wish you two all the happiness that the world has to offer (and then some!)

OK, off to read the rest of the thread!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results