shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone else have updates?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, it seems like people have been getting engaged left and right lately or otherwise receiving good news! Must be the time of year? Perhaps it''s all of the summer weddings prompting it a bit.

I don''t have anything big to report, except that we talked about ''boy soon'' vs ''girl soon''. Because he mentioned that it would be ''soon'' and I asked him which one he meant since they are so different. He said girl soon -- but I''m a bit skeptical on that one. Nice to think about, but I don''t want to get my hopes up too much! And we''re preparing to move in together in about 6 weeks, so I''ve got that to distract me for now.

And we have a wedding to go to this weekend! Yay. I like weddings and his family is a lot of fun
36.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I guess not a whole lot of updating for me...we did have a pretty stressful convo last night. We''re stuck between wanting to get engaged the "right" way and just doing it an untraditional way sans ring. We''re both on the same page, but it''s really hard for him to save money right now because work has slowed down. It may be a year until we can afford to get a ring. So after everything, I just want to get engaged without a ring. He knows that now but is still torn about what to do. And so am I.

Sorry that was quite depressing actually!
14.gif
Moving on!

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock

Date: 5/23/2008 5:12:24 PM
Author: sunnyd
I guess not a whole lot of updating for me...we did have a pretty stressful convo last night. We''re stuck between wanting to get engaged the ''right'' way and just doing it an untraditional way sans ring. We''re both on the same page, but it''s really hard for him to save money right now because work has slowed down. It may be a year until we can afford to get a ring. So after everything, I just want to get engaged without a ring. He knows that now but is still torn about what to do. And so am I.

Sorry that was quite depressing actually!
14.gif
Moving on!
Have you guys ruled out using a band? I''d totally be open to that if money were the only thing holding him back. Maybe even a band with a few smaller diamonds if possible. Or just a metal band. Then again, I''m personally not opposed to upgrading down the road!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Yeah we talked about that, along with putting the stone in a temp setting, a $5 fred meyer ring... hahaha. I don't know what'll happen. Basically anything we do pushes the actual ring out further. Poo.

Sorry I didn't mean to ignore your first post either!
3.gif
Girl soon is good, hopefully he hasn't come up with a crazy mix of the 2 soons.
1.gif
Yay for moving in together!

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/23/2008 5:29:28 PM
Yeah we talked about that, along with putting the stone in a temp setting, a $5 fred meyer ring... hahaha. I don''t know what''ll happen. Basically anything we do pushes the actual ring out further. Poo.

Sorry I didn''t mean to ignore your first post either!
3.gif
Girl soon is good, hopefully he hasn''t come up with a crazy mix of the 2 soons.
1.gif
Hahaha, that''s exactly what I''m afraid of! Hence not getting too excited. To me, girl soon is 6 months! To him, it''s probably more like a year. Darn stubborn boy and his refusal to be more specific.
11.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I got home not long ago and I still can't keep away from PS...Lordy...

No updates here. Still waiting to hear ANYTHING. Although, he did say to send him more pictures of my "dream ring." I need to find some solitaires that I really like. I want to stop showing him the Tiffany site because I have a feeling he thinks I want a ring from there--he mentioned something a few weeks ago. So if you all see any great pictures of RB solitaires, post them please!

He is being very tight-lipped about this, it annoys me at times. I think he is planning something for late summer, which is fine, but I just hope he knows what I really like.

How about you all...any juicy updates?

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2008 5:40:54 PM
Author: absolut_blonde

Date: 5/23/2008 5:29:28 PM
Yeah we talked about that, along with putting the stone in a temp setting, a $5 fred meyer ring... hahaha. I don''t know what''ll happen. Basically anything we do pushes the actual ring out further. Poo.

Sorry I didn''t mean to ignore your first post either!
3.gif
Girl soon is good, hopefully he hasn''t come up with a crazy mix of the 2 soons.
1.gif
Hahaha, that''s exactly what I''m afraid of! Hence not getting too excited. To me, girl soon is 6 months! To him, it''s probably more like a year. Darn stubborn boy and his refusal to be more specific.
11.gif
LOL girl soon to me is tomorrow. That''s an issue...
3.gif
Now that the ring is off the table, that''s when I''m expecting a proposal now. Crap, what was I thinking!
11.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Sunnyd: BF got your stone and needs a setting? Or still no ring of any kind? My BF...the only thing he says is, "Let me surprise you." At least some of you know its in the house!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Hi Bia! Nope, nothing. He knows that I would pester him even more than I already do about it if he kept it secret, so it''s best for everyone involved if we do this together. Ha.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bia-what about a Mark Morrell? I love his stuff.

I have nothing new to report except that the stone I have my eye on hasn''t sold...yet.
7.gif

Not that I think he''ll buy it a year early, but I''m afraid someone else will!!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Freke I have the same issue!

Don''t sell don''t sell don''t sell -- dammit it sold!
3.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Sunnyd...I like your style. I just wish BF wouldn't be so stubborn! Oh well...its funny because he usually lets me convince him but not on this!
29.gif

Freke...I'll have to check him out. Thanks lovey!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
sunnyd- Did yours really sell? I'm so scared mine will. And it's just about perfect. I check several times every day, and I don't think BF realizes how important it is to me...

ETA: Bia.... click here

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2008 6:32:27 PM
Author: FrekeChild
sunnyd- Did yours really sell? I''m so scared mine will. And it''s just about perfect. I check several times every day, and I don''t think BF realizes how important it is to me...

ETA: Bia.... click here
Can you ask him to buy the stone now and just hold onto it for a year or however long? If it''s unlikely another one as good will show up (I know nothing about topaz), maybe you should tell him really clearly how rare this stone is and that you guys should snap it up before someone else does?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve tried that Gwen...It''s a london blue and the cut is something special. He says he wants to do it all at once (I don''t think he realizes how much work goes into these things, because of the dimensions of the stone, it''ll likely have to be a custom head. Also, the picture makes it look funny-very very dark-and I think he''s scared off by that. I think that if it sold, we could probably find something similar, or have the cutter cut one especially for me, but I think we might as well take advantage of the one that''s already pretty much perfect right?

I''m tempted to ask the seller to send me a different pic, but I don''t think it''d work. He''s stubborn sometimes...

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Hey Freke...well I wasn''t super attached to it like you are to yours, but I have a list going of all the ones that sound good (darn complicated cushions). I just watch helplessly as they pass. Le sigh...
1.gif

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/23/2008 5:51:56 PM
Author: Bia
I got home not long ago and I still can''t keep away from PS...Lordy...

No updates here. Still waiting to hear ANYTHING. Although, he did say to send him more pictures of my ''dream ring.'' I need to find some solitaires that I really like. I want to stop showing him the Tiffany site because I have a feeling he thinks I want a ring from there--he mentioned something a few weeks ago. So if you all see any great pictures of RB solitaires, post them please!

He is being very tight-lipped about this, it annoys me at times. I think he is planning something for late summer, which is fine, but I just hope he knows what I really like.

How about you all...any juicy updates?
I hear ya. I just got into our hotel (wedding is out of town, actually in a town in-between my city and SO''s city -- convenient!) and I logged on right away. SO''s still 20-30 min away. I SHOULD be getting ready but no, instead I find myself on here.

I''m excited for the wedding, I love weddings! But it doesn''t help my obsessing. SO has a bunch of cousins and a brother around our age and he''s officially the last unmarried one. Maybe he''ll get on with it, haha.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
My current update: he has told me several times, unsolicited, that I should be expecting a proposal "soon," which recently changed to "pretty darn soon." I had to laugh at that a little. I still have no idea what he means.

Our two-year anniversary is in less than three weeks, and he has told me we are going on a trip to celebrate over the following weekend. The only thing I know about the trip is that it involves a plane (a big one because I''m especially terrified of the little ones). I have no idea where we''re going. I''m trying not to get my hopes up too much, but it is SO HARD. At least I can be legitimately, shamelessly excited about the trip! It is so fun imagining all the places we might be going.

We are traveling to my cousin''s wedding across the country in two weeks, so I was really hoping the proposal might come before then so I can (very quietly) tell my close family members in person that we are engaged, especially my grandmother. My family all lives very far away, and I don''t get to see them much. I think it''s unlikely, but a girl can always hope.

Bia: My BF is always saying "I want to surprise you," so I''m letting him, but I totally feel your pain. It is maddening! At least you are allowed to send him pictures of your dream ring. Even though I was not supposed to, I blurted out a few months ago that I love emerald cuts and want white metal because I was afraid I would have to learn to love a yellow gold RB if I didn''t (I like them on others, just not on me). On another note, my recently-engaged friend has an oval solitaire that looks a lot like the one in your avatar. It is truly lovely. I will try to see if I can get a good picture of it from her.

aggiebling09

Shiny_Rock
good thread, absolut_blonde

We have been e-mailing Katie at WF since Wednesday about a custon setting...which is pretty freaking exciting!
3.gif
I have caught the BF looking at diamonds too, and it''s cute because I''ll say "oh don''t forget about how important cut is" and he just rolls his eyes and says "I know exactly what you want" lol. Hopefully we will be able to give WF the go in July-ish.

Can''t wait!

Good luck to all of you ladies...sending some positive vibes y''alls way!
2.gif

No real updates here, just sort of "stayin the course"

But... has anyone else noticed the recent jump in diamond prices? And Gary just put up a post saying the diamond prices are likely to be unstable. Makes me wonder.... if we shouldn''t wait longer so that we don''t end up paying an extra $3k/X amount only to have realized if we waited 6 months or a year, that we could have paid less? I mean, I''m sentimental... but this is a lot of money!

Has this affected anyone else''s thoughts about the process?

cutiegirl84

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ladies!

I haven''t posted in awhile with finals and moving to NYC. Before I left last week he mentioned we would be engaged this summer. anyway, I talked to my BF on Monday and he said I better send him pictures of the ring i like this week because he will be going to buy the ring any day now! Yayyy! So I''m excited. I''ll probably be seeing him every other weekend this summer but our big 7 year anniversary is this July so maybe I will be engaged by then.
9.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2008 12:01:05 AM
Author: moderatelypoorstudent
No real updates here, just sort of ''stayin the course''

But... has anyone else noticed the recent jump in diamond prices? And Gary just put up a post saying the diamond prices are likely to be unstable. Makes me wonder.... if we shouldn''t wait longer so that we don''t end up paying an extra $3k/X amount only to have realized if we waited 6 months or a year, that we could have paid less? I mean, I''m sentimental... but this is a lot of money!

Has this affected anyone else''s thoughts about the process?
Yesssss....
7.gif
That''s why I''d like to get crackin ASAP!!

LDubs

Shiny_Rock
Had a talk this morning, actually! I mentioned my plans of doing a NYC trip to check out cushions at ERD, and then over to Leon - and how easy that would all work out and that it would be a fun trip, and that way, there would still be a surprise element involved b/c he could have the ring shipped to him - and he didn''t freak! :) He said, "you know it doesn''t bother me when you talk about stuff like this. I see us growing old together, too. And I know it''s something you''ll wear for the rest of your life, so you better like it :)" SOOOO - that''s good! I''m not pushing it, we''re warming up to more detailed talks - I think maybe a Christmas-time trip. Funniest comment though, as I was explaining how Mark can locate super cool cushions he asked, "So, like, how many thousands does this service cost in addition to the diamond?" Lol! He was quite pleased to learn I''d be most likely saving a buck or two compared to B&M''s :)
36.gif

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
still waiting.........and it doesn''t look like it will be this year....oh well...he''s worth the wait!!

StarvingMusician

Rough_Rock
My bf and I are at my parents this weekend (I''m updating from their slow wireless). He is taking them out to brunch tomorrow. I''m sure they know whats up, my mom has been acting silly whenever anybody mentions it. So I''m hoping the talk goes well. It should, since he is not asking for their permission, he''s asking (very nicely) for their blessing, and they have warmed up to him recently. Crossed fingers!

luckynumber7

Shiny_Rock
hey all,

i haven''t posted in a while since i don''t really have any exciting/engagement news to tell. however, the ring we ordered has been delivered (it''s actually been here for a few weeks already) and is hidden somewhere in our apartment. i don''t have a clue where it is (surprisingly, i haven''t even bothered to look for it especially when he was out of town for a week
12.gif
) or when he will propose. all i know is that it''s a 3-stone asscher ring set in platinum (i was involved in the entire buying process
2.gif
) and it will hopefully be on my finger sooner rather than later.
9.gif

on the bright side, my bday is in a few weeks so maybe he''ll pop the question then.
36.gif

claireabelle

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/24/2008 9:22:13 PM
Author: luckynumber7
hey all,

i haven''t posted in a while since i don''t really have any exciting/engagement news to tell. however, the ring we ordered has been delivered (it''s actually been here for a few weeks already) and is hidden somewhere in our apartment. i don''t have a clue where it is (surprisingly, i haven''t even bothered to look for it especially when he was out of town for a week
12.gif
) or when he will propose. all i know is that it''s a 3-stone asscher ring set in platinum (i was involved in the entire buying process
2.gif
9.gif

on the bright side, my bday is in a few weeks so maybe he''ll pop the question then.
36.gif

My story is similar to this! The suspense is crazy because you know it''s coming but it''s completely out of your hands!

Our 6 year anniversary this weekend - but in my heart, I don''t think he''ll propose... it will be a nice surprise if he does, though
9.gif

luckynumber7

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/25/2008 4:57:42 AM
Author: claireabelle

Date: 5/24/2008 9:22:13 PM
Author: luckynumber7
hey all,

12.gif
2.gif
9.gif

36.gif

My story is similar to this! The suspense is crazy because you know it''s coming but it''s completely out of your hands!

Our 6 year anniversary this weekend - but in my heart, I don''t think he''ll propose... it will be a nice surprise if he does, though
9.gif
that''s sooooooo exciting! happy 6th! hope you both have a wonderful weekend. i''m sprinkling you with lots of dust.
36.gif

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock
Another mini-update on my end: was talking with SO today and he said he wanted to get married in 2 years
36.gif
. A little later than I'd choose- being a LIW and all- but I can live with that, especially if we have a 1 year engagement.

The one downside to that is that we'd kind of tossed around the idea of a September wedding. Sept 2010 seems so far away! (If you haven't already noticed, patience is not one of my virtues). But who knows-- some of that would come down to what kind of a wedding we choose and that's up in the air a bit.

And we figured we'd aim to have a baby about a year after getting married. We might need to start trying right after the wedding in order for that to actually happen. My mom had fertility probs & I'm scared it might take us awhile to conceive (I think I may have PCOS to boot). Haha, watch me be totally wrong and get pregnant on the right try!

Now... I just need y'all to help me keep my mouth SHUT about all of this for awhile. The whole reason this convo came about is that his cousin that was at the wedding has the cutest baby ever! And I've got huge baby fever, not gonna lie. I had wedding/baby brain all weekend and I'd like to give the poor guy a break!
11.gif
. I really think I'd be well-served to drop the subject for a long, long time. He's stubborn and into surprises so it'd probably work in my favour to do so! You might be seeing more of me, heh.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The ring has been ordered almost 4 weeks ago so we''re now very impatiently waiting for its arrival
2.gif
Once it arrives BF will keep it until he''s ready to propose but he knows how excited I''ve been about this whole thing so I doubt he''ll make me wait too long
5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results