shape
carat
color
clarity

"Always a bridesmaid..."

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Just curious... how many times have you been a bridesmaid? I will be a bridesmaid for the seventh time this fall (love the bride but can''t say I''m terribly excited about another BM dress).

Sometimes I wonder if having been in a lot of weddings makes women even antsier to get engaged/married. Thankfully, I''ve settled down a bit and I do not have full-blown LIW-itis (yet), but for a while there (probably around the 4th wedding I was in), I wasn''t even dating anyone and I wanted to be engaged!!!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Never!

I don''t really have that many close girlfriends, and the ones that I do aren''t married.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
4 times LOL

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I''ve only been a BM once, just this past weekend! The next wedding I''ll be in will be my own!!

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Next month will be my third time. I'm in my FSIL's wedding, walking down the isle with SO! Practice makes perfect, eh?
31.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
once! thank goodness!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Zero! I''m happy about it, too, lol.

My BFF was actually a BM this past weekend, and I''ve never heard her so mad! Apparently the bride went way over the top with the bridezilla behaviour, and really really hurt my friend. I''m glad I haven''t had to put up with that, but I feel horrible for my BFF.

There are really only two weddings I''m interested in standing up in, and they''re my two best friends. Other than that, I could really care less (well, if my sister wants me to stand up with her I will, but we''re 8 years apart so who knows). Of the two, I know one is planning a roughly Dec 2010 wedding (maybe summer of 2011) and the other will probably get married around the same time or a little later. So that''ll be a whole lot of concentrated BM-y goodness.

Bdiddy26

Rough_Rock
I have been a BM twice and after the last one I told all of my friends that I know some girls get really insulted if they are not in your wedding so they can feel free to leave me out of it! I would much rather go to the wedding as just a guest and have a good time instead of being busy busy busy all day. I hate being a BM!

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
two so far, no idea how many the future holds
1.gif
or if my own will be my next one to be in

the first one was kinda awkward, my ex (he and i didn''t have the um nicest of break-ups) was a groomsman and his now fiancee was also a bridesmaid, but the wedding turned out very nice and all was happy. the most recent was saturday, the bride called me last night to say hi and let me know she''s having fun
9.gif

i enjoy the weddings, it gives me a good opportunity to see what i''d like to try and things i definitely wouldn''t want for me
28.gif
i don''t mind the dresses since i can wear them again, and being in weddings means i have to try to maintain some type of exercise routine

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Never! I actually want to do it, too!
8.gif
All my friends are already married though. I do have 2 new FSILs coming though that aren''t married, maybe?
21.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Bridesmaide once
Flowergirl once (which I think is what got me hooked on weddings at the mere age of 4 lol)

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Just twice. I was supposed to be MOH for a wedding that got called off, too.

That number is going to change soon. I''ve got 4 coming up in the next year, and my friends are getting engaged all over the place, so it might be even more than that.

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock

BM two times. M of H one time. And thank goodness I am still a close friend to all three ladies.

At this point I am so over being in large wedding parties. Sorry, I’m not into matching dresses and the cost involved can be really ridiculous.

My mind set has really changed over the years. The importance on focusing on the marriage(forever) not the wedding(one day).

btw- like your new photo Idreamofcushions

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/22/2009 11:56:55 AM
Author: Dreamgirl
Bridesmaide once

Flowergirl once (which I think is what got me hooked on weddings at the mere age of 4 lol)

Oo Dreamgirl we have the same wedding track record! Being a flower girl beats being a bridesmaid though
4.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never! I guess I''m not bridesmaid material, which doesn''t really bother me.
2.gif

CristinaRuns26.2

Rough_Rock
Three times, one of which was when my dad remarried in 1994. Talk about a hideous bridesmaid''s dress
2.gif
It was turquoise blue, off the shoulder, with a poofy cream-colored skirt
23.gif

The other two times were for friends from high school, in 2003 and 2005. Both times I wasn''t really ready to get married, so being a bridesmaid and not a bride didn''t really bother me. Still doesn''t, seeing as how I''m not having a traditional wedding with bridesmaids, groomsmen, etc. I''m not putting my poor girl friends through the hassle of fittings, selecting shoes and jewelry, etc.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Never, but I''d actually really like to. I don''t have that many close girlfriends, either, and out of the ones I do have two got married without bridal parties and the others aren''t married or engaged.

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
Wow I just did a quick count in my head and I think I've been in 8 weddings:

Mom
Sister
1 cousins
3 close friends
Once as a FG

Jeeze. Yep I'm alwasy a bridesmaid. But the 2010 Vegas wedding is really looking like its gonna happen!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2009 12:39:19 PM
Author: MonkeyPants

Bridesmaide once

Oo Dreamgirl we have the same wedding track record! Being a flower girl beats being a bridesmaid though
4.gif
Being a flower girl DOES beat being a bridesmade.

Hello?! I got to wear a white dress just like the bride. Other than her, I was the center of attention. And frankly, I loved every second of it. lol
27.gif

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/22/2009 1:35:41 PM
Date: 5/22/2009 12:39:19 PM

Author: MonkeyPants

Bridesmaide once

4.gif
Being a flower girl DOES beat being a bridesmade.

Hello?! I got to wear a white dress just like the bride. Other than her, I was the center of attention. And frankly, I loved every second of it. lol
27.gif

Word.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
lol!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I was a flower girl three times.

So that makes 7 weddings...

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I forgot about being a FG. I was a FG twice, bringing my wedding count up exponentially from 0 to 2.

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/22/2009 1:35:41 PM
27.gif

lol if i had a pic from the wedding i was in sat. i''d have to post it. there was a 3yr old flower girl who decided to roam around through the entire service.. and bug the ring bearer... and gave away her basket cause she didn''t want it anymore...

oh the things you can get away with as a cute little girl
28.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
I will be in my first wedding as a BM in 2 weeks. The bride is completely scatter-brained and AWOL and the MOH is an idiot
9.gif
. This experience is making it difficult to approach my future wedding party.

I was in my aunt''s wedding as well but not really a BM since I was only 5 or 6 but not the FG (that was my little sis who got to wear white while I wore purple).

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
So far I''ve been a bridesmaid 4 times plus a did readings in a few others.. Upcoming bridesmaid duties include one this summer and one next year. I''d be a FG anyday! No heavy bouquet (or two, being MOH), you get the white dress, you get a cute boy to walk down the aisle with (ok so he''s 5.. but he will probably dance with you!), you get to do whatever you want during the wedding and it''s "cute", and if you cry and throw a tantrum you get a tiara.

The next one coming up is for a friend who I made a pact with that we would never put each other in our weddings because we''re tired of them.. that worked out well!!

Seeing all of the big weddings definitely makes me realize it''s about the marriage and not all about the big day. You can have the prettiest wedding in the world with everyone you and your SO have ever met but if you spend all of your time focusing on that and not on your relationship then things go downhill pretty quickly.

Squirrly-you have some good friends to pick dresses you can wear again! I''m still looking for a place to wear the floor length hot pink one...

Bdiddy26

Rough_Rock
I was a FG for my aunt and uncles wedding when I was 3. They have me on camera up at the alter picking the tights out of my butt! Every family get together they always talk about it!

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
I have been a BM 2 times, both for family

I was never a flower girl and I am bitter about that
29.gif
29.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Bridesmaid twice, flower girl three times. I loved both! Being in the wedding party is so much fun.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results