shape
carat
color
clarity

Active LIW-please reply

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JenStone

Shiny_Rock
I''ll be updating the list Sunday night. Last chance to reply before then!

miss_flo

Shiny_Rock
Still a LIW, and in no big rush to leave the list ;-)

Shannon72781

Shiny_Rock
I think I was on the original list...I am a LIW with about 12 more months to go (hopefully)
32.gif

sparkly_stars

Brilliant_Rock
still here.
also- i think the 6 months thing is enough.
a lot don''t check in daily or even weekly. especially it being around end of school year etc-
so that may or may not cause a problem if we start taking people''s names off.

sparkly_stars

Brilliant_Rock
EDA- i am # 3 and hope to stay at that #... anywheres closer to 1 and i may freak out. haha.

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/9/2007 5:18:42 AM
Author: bee*
Date: 5/8/2007 9:49:14 PM

Author: Galateia

Still a LIW.
15.gif

It''s not his fault, but when it became obvious that I would not be getting a ring before we got married, thanks to financial constraints, coming here and seeing everyone all happy over their beautiful rings just got too painful. I still check in now and then to see how things are going, but I most lurk and don''t post much anymore. It''s hard coming to a site built for sparklies once you know you aren''t getting one.
7.gif

aww Galateia, thats a shame. Just think though when you do get one, get a really special one of your dreams. Hows the immigration process going?

It''s sweet of you to ask. It''s going. I hope I will be getting my interview date in the next few months. We got hit with a nasty blow we weren''t expecting in terms of my student loans, so moving down there is more or less committing financial suicide for 5 years and racking up debt (from abrupt heavy interest on my loans) for the privilege of being with my hubby.
15.gif
So not only will I not be making inroads into paying down my student debt, it will be slowly going up. We could have backed out of the immigration process, but we''d be risking our chances of getting approved again by doing so. Things may improve in a couple of years, as my mother may own a house by then and would be able to co-sign a loan that would offer a lower interest rate, or perhaps his parents will trust us enough by that point to co-sign. If it wasn''t for the insanely high interest rate, we''d be fine; we live simply and are not afraid to work.

At this rate, we''ll be able to afford a wedding in about ten years, and who knows how long it would be before we could afford a ring. By that point, there will be mortgages and car payments and spending money on an engagement ring will probably be low on the list of priorities.

I just keep reminding myself that it''s not about the ring, it''s about the guy. And I have a great guy.

Anyway, sorry about the derail. I hope all is well with you, bee.
35.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/10/2007 12:14:04 AM
Date: 5/9/2007 5:18:42 AM

Author: bee*

Date: 5/8/2007 9:49:14 PM

Still a LIW.
15.gif

It''s not his fault, but when it became obvious that I would not be getting a ring before we got married, thanks to financial constraints, coming here and seeing everyone all happy over their beautiful rings just got too painful. I still check in now and then to see how things are going, but I most lurk and don''t post much anymore. It''s hard coming to a site built for sparklies once you know you aren''t getting one.
7.gif

aww Galateia, thats a shame. Just think though when you do get one, get a really special one of your dreams. Hows the immigration process going?

It''s sweet of you to ask. It''s going. I hope I will be getting my interview date in the next few months. We got hit with a nasty blow we weren''t expecting in terms of my student loans, so moving down there is more or less committing financial suicide for 5 years and racking up debt (from abrupt heavy interest on my loans) for the privilege of being with my hubby.
15.gif
So not only will I not be making inroads into paying down my student debt, it will be slowly going up. We could have backed out of the immigration process, but we''d be risking our chances of getting approved again by doing so. Things may improve in a couple of years, as my mother may own a house by then and would be able to co-sign a loan that would offer a lower interest rate, or perhaps his parents will trust us enough by that point to co-sign. If it wasn''t for the insanely high interest rate, we''d be fine; we live simply and are not afraid to work.

At this rate, we''ll be able to afford a wedding in about ten years, and who knows how long it would be before we could afford a ring. By that point, there will be mortgages and car payments and spending money on an engagement ring will probably be low on the list of priorities.

I just keep reminding myself that it''s not about the ring, it''s about the guy. And I have a great guy.

Anyway, sorry about the derail. I hope all is well with you, bee.
35.gif

Well best of luck with it all!! It definitely is about the man and not the ring. You definitely sound like you have your head screwed on so it will all work out in the end. Thats rubbish about the loans though-I hate it when stuff like that crops up. All is well with me, 2 months till New York so just need to get exams out of the way and work until then!!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Still a LIW, too!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
SUNDAY NIGHT IS YOUR LAST CHANCE TO GET YOUR NAME ON THE NEW LIST.
The following LIW have not replied:
Angel7
emeraldlover
pookie
ksprincess
curls
alisoun
hopelessromantik
Dagnygault15
stillwaiting
anxiety_striken
AnnaBelle
FutureMrsH07
Tommys Girl
Bunnifer
Erinleighm22
gladyskristen
nycgal
princessmo2
Tuesdayschild
jamiesorr
FutureMrsC
Bronniejade
fashionsweetie
Belia23
Rosebud08
Melody
wortheverypenny
dianne
maybemanda
BeachBride
rainydayluck
candlelite80
tallblondemonster

Becky P

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/11/2007 1:47:09 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
SUNDAY NIGHT IS YOUR LAST CHANCE TO GET YOUR NAME ON THE NEW LIST.
The following LIW have not replied:
Angel7
emeraldlover
pookie
ksprincess
curls
alisoun
hopelessromantik
Dagnygault15
stillwaiting
anxiety_striken
AnnaBelle
FutureMrsH07
Tommys Girl
Bunnifer
Erinleighm22
gladyskristen
nycgal
princessmo2
Tuesdayschild
jamiesorr
FutureMrsC
Bronniejade
fashionsweetie
Belia23
Rosebud08
Melody
wortheverypenny
dianne
maybemanda
BeachBride
rainydayluck
candlelite80
tallblondemonster
Honestly, I''d give it longer than Sunday. That''s only 6 days from the time this thread was started. Some people may only visit the site every couple weeks... especially the higher up you get on the list, the more stressful it gets, and you check in a little less because you want to stop obsessing as much. I know that I''ve seen many of the ladies on the list above posting on other threads throughout all the boards (often on Family & Health), so it''s really not fair to remove them so quickly... just my .02 cents. I''d give it another week, possibly two before removing people... especially if they have been posting within the last 6 months.

I do agree, however, that 6 months sounds good for removing people for inactivity on the board.

hopelessromantik

Rough_Rock
Still waiting....
20.gif
........hope it won''t be too long though...

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I think you should give it until sunday...and then any stragglers that come along can just be squeezed back into the list where they would have been placed. We have the old list to look to for reference.

sparkly_stars

Brilliant_Rock
i really feel this decision should be based on the 6 months policy.. i know that it isn''t referring to the last time they posted in the LIW section- but like it was mentioned, the higher you get, you don''t necc. read every single thread.. it can get discouraging at times. I almost didn''t click this one... because I am stronger on some days more so then others. Being #3 and knowing theres not much time before anything changes can be harder at times.

In any case, I hadn''t been around here for the last few weeks as I had been working excessively and I was on a trip etc etc.. so to take someone off and make them have to point it out at a later date so they can be "re-added" doesn''t sound fair..
of course this is my 2 cents.. at 3 am . ha ha .

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with sparkly_stars; not everyone is going to be checking this subforum every week. Trying to re-add people to the list seems like it might be a daunting task; not to mention people may be upset from being removed from the list without their knowledge.

I wish it was still possible to edit the original post rather than making poor Jen_Stone post it again and again. I think maybe giving the LIWs at least four weeks to reply would be fair; they may not be all that eager to spend time in a section that mirrors all their distress about the situation, if you know what I mean.

Also, are we basing this off of their last login, or their last post? Some people may not be vocal posters but still lurk, even if they're lurking in the eyecandy threads but not the PW&M threads.
1.gif

Edit: I just checked the LIW thread and there are only 60-odd LIWs currently listed?
33.gif
When I was added to that list, I was #86, and there were several people added after me before I started moving up the list.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2007 2:20:47 AM
Author: sparkly_stars
i really feel this decision should be based on the 6 months policy.. i know that it isn''t referring to the last time they posted in the LIW section- but like it was mentioned, the higher you get, you don''t necc. read every single thread.. it can get discouraging at times. I almost didn''t click this one... because I am stronger on some days more so then others. Being #3 and knowing theres not much time before anything changes can be harder at times.

In any case, I hadn''t been around here for the last few weeks as I had been working excessively and I was on a trip etc etc.. so to take someone off and make them have to point it out at a later date so they can be ''re-added'' doesn''t sound fair..

of course this is my 2 cents.. at 3 am . ha ha .

I agree with this. I think giving it until tomorrow is a bit early. People can be really busy in work, with exams, or maybe on holidays.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I think six months is too long. Just my personal opinion. So many girls sign up to be on the list and then you never see them ever again. Some girls aren''t as involved in this forum as others...which means when they finally get engaged they aren''t going to be thinking, "Oh...I better notify the LIW listkeeper!!" Some people take this list more seriously than others. The only benefit that these missing people have is that they prevent the rest of us from moving down the list! And I still think the 3 or 4 who arrive late can be squeezed back into the orginal list...it''s not that hard and shouldn''t be confusing seeing as how the old lists are still on there. JennStone could add a little disclaimer to the bottom: "Don''t see your name? Tell me and I''ll fix it" or something.

ksprincess

Shiny_Rock
Ksprincess checking in here. I''m still waiting...its less than a years wait left. If only I could convince him that he really doesn''t need to buy me the perfect ring. I''d take a ring pop at this point. Anyways, I mainly lurk, but I''m still here.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Rosebud08 is on the BIW list.

JenStone

Shiny_Rock
I lost my internet at home! I haven’t been able to do anything online all weekend….grr….

Anyway, from what I can see, there seems to be a few decisions we should make before we move forward. I understand where sparkly_stars is coming from. Sometimes I’m a little reluctant to check the boards knowing that I’ve been on there more than a year. It does get harder as you reach the top of the list. However, there are many people who ask to be placed on the list and never post again. Even if you’re not very active on the board, I think it would still be nice to check in at least every three months and give an update….no? So I propose:

1. Anyone who hasn’t posted anything (whether it’s in the LIW subforum or anywhere else) in > 6 months will be taken off the list later today. I will give another week (or until the end of May? What do you think?) for those who haven’t had the chance to read this. If they don’t respond, I will take them off the list.
2. If anyone was taken off the list erroneously, we can always add them back on (and I can add a little disclaimer at the bottom), like luckystar suggested.

Let me know what everyone thinks! But I will definitely be taking off those who haven’t posted anything in 6 months later today!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that''s a great idea Jen.

Becky P

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/14/2007 9:36:03 AM
Author: JenStone
I lost my internet at home! I haven’t been able to do anything online all weekend….grr….

Anyway, from what I can see, there seems to be a few decisions we should make before we move forward. I understand where sparkly_stars is coming from. Sometimes I’m a little reluctant to check the boards knowing that I’ve been on there more than a year. It does get harder as you reach the top of the list. However, there are many people who ask to be placed on the list and never post again. Even if you’re not very active on the board, I think it would still be nice to check in at least every three months and give an update….no? So I propose:

1. Anyone who hasn’t posted anything (whether it’s in the LIW subforum or anywhere else) in > 6 months will be taken off the list later today. I will give another week (or until the end of May? What do you think?) for those who haven’t had the chance to read this. If they don’t respond, I will take them off the list.
2. If anyone was taken off the list erroneously, we can always add them back on (and I can add a little disclaimer at the bottom), like luckystar suggested.

Let me know what everyone thinks! But I will definitely be taking off those who haven’t posted anything in 6 months later today!
Sounds like a good plan! Especially for those that ask to be on the list and then never post again... not sure how to change that though. Thanks for being such a great listkeeper!!! It can''t be an easy job!!

JenStone

Shiny_Rock
I need some help!

I''m having some trouble locating the following people....can anyone please tell me if they''ve posted in the past 6 months or if they''re engaged?

Dagnygault15
AnnaBelle
FutureMrsH07
Tommys Girl
Erinleighm22
nycgal
Tuesdayschild
bronniejade (she posted her dress...is she engaged?)
Bella23
Melody

Thank you for everyone''s help!

laine

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/15/2007 10:14:13 AM
I need some help!
I''m having some trouble locating the following people....can anyone please tell me if they''ve posted in the past 6 months or if they''re engaged?

As far as I know:

Dagnygault15: doesn''t seem to exist as a poster

AnnaBelle: last post 10/24/06

FutureMrsH07: only posted once to ask to be added on 11/5/06

Tommys Girl: only posted once to ask to be added on 11/8/06

Erinleighm22: its erinleighm33, and her last post was 11/25/06

nycgal: last post 12/26/06

Tuesdayschild: last post 2/6/07

bronniejade (she posted her dress...is she engaged?): I think she''s a dress before ring gal

Bella23: last post 2/20/07

Melody: only posted once to ask to be added on 2/12/07

I think 6 months is quite reasonable. I''m not quite sure what could be done about people who post once and never again, other than to wait for 6 months to go by.

I guess you could delete after 3 months, with the footnote that you''ll add people back if they request. That way you aren''t waiting 6 months for people who clearly aren''t ever coming back, but non-frequent posters can stay in their spot if they just ask. And since you have to repost the list each time, its easy to look back to see where someone belongs if they want back on.

Becky P

Shiny_Rock
I think 6 months is quite reasonable. I''m not quite sure what could be done about people who post once and never again, other than to wait for 6 months to go by.

I guess you could delete after 3 months, with the footnote that you''ll add people back if they request. That way you aren''t waiting 6 months for people who clearly aren''t ever coming back, but non-frequent posters can stay in their spot if they just ask. And since you have to repost the list each time, its easy to look back to see where someone belongs if they want back on.
Wow, seems like a lot of people are present and accounted for! That''s great! I have no idea really how to tell when someone''s last post is... how do you do that?

Also, there''s a tommyswife2007 on the BIW board... maybe it''s not the same as Tommy''s Girl, but perhaps she changed her name??

It sounds like a good idea to me that if you only post once to be added to the list and then never again that you could be removed sooner - 3 months sounds like a good plan.

laine

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/15/2007 11:22:24 AM
Author: Becky P
I have no idea really how to tell when someone''s last post is... how do you do that?

On the search page here: https://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/search.asp, you can search by authors name to find a person''s posts. Then on the left of each post, under the name it says "last post" and you can see when they posted last, how many posts they have, when they became a member...

Becky P

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/15/2007 11:25:59 AM
Author: laine

Date: 5/15/2007 11:22:24 AM
Author: Becky P
I have no idea really how to tell when someone''s last post is... how do you do that?

On the search page here: http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/search.asp, you can search by authors name to find a person''s posts. Then on the left of each post, under the name it says ''last post'' and you can see when they posted last, how many posts they have, when they became a member...
hehe, duh!
emembarrassed.gif
I see it now... thanks!

Becky P

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/15/2007 10:14:13 AM
I need some help!

Dagnygault15
AnnaBelle
FutureMrsH07
Tommys Girl
Erinleighm22
nycgal
Tuesdayschild
bronniejade (she posted her dress...is she engaged?)
Bella23
Melody

Hey JenStone-

Had some time at work here... VERY slow week! So, here''s what I can tell...

The following people have not posted in over 6 months:
21. curls 12/31/06
25. stillwaiting 10/11/06
27. anxiety_stricken 10/23/06
28. AnnaBelle - 10/24/06
33. erinleighm33 11/25/06

The following people are NOW ENGAGED!!! YIPPIE!:
46. Rosebud08
65. candlelite80
67. lora252

It seems that these people asked to be on the list and have only posted a handful of times, if that... should probably be removed...
24. Dagnygault15 - ?????
29. FutureMrsH07 - ????
31. Tommys Girl - ????
45. Bella23 - 2/20/07
47. Melody - 2/12/07

These people are SUPER, SUPER close to hitting the 6 month mark, but they haven''t hit it yet...
2. Angel7 – 1/2/07
16. pookie – 1/18/07
22. Alisoun – 1/3/07
35. nycgal - 12/26/06

Hope this helps!!!

Becky P

Shiny_Rock
Anyone else still here that hasn''t replied??? We haven''t heard from the following people yet.... Remember 6 months of no posting and you''ll be removed from the list (3 months if you just ask to get on the list and basically never post again). We sure hope you ladies are still here with us!!!! Names in YELLOW are VERY, VERY close to being removed from the list.

Angel7 – 1/2/07
Cailet 4/16/07
BlackDiamond21 2/26/07
emeraldlover – 4/25/07
pookie – 1/18/07
Alisoun – 1/3/07
Bunnifer – 2/6/07
gladyskristen – 4/28/07
nycgal – 12/26/06
princessmo2 – 5/1/07
Tuesdayschild – 2/6/07
jamiesorr – 2/28/07
FutureMrsC – 3/6/07
fashionsweetie – 2/11/07
wortheverypenny – 3/12/07
Dianne – 5/14/07
maybemanda – 3/31/07
BeachBride – 4/22/07
rainydayluck – 4/10/07
tallblondemonster – 4/17/07
CrookedRock – 5/9/07

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, I don''t visit the LIW very often even thought I visit Pricescope most every day.

I''m still here....I''m still waiting...*tapping fingers*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results