shape
carat
color
clarity

A maybe proposal story

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I think I''ve posted on here before about BF''s cousin who is going to propose sometime soon. BF and I have been torn, hoping that they''d get engaged because they''re really perfect for each other, and hoping they wouldn''t because that means we''re next on the family''s list of expected proposals and his family is a little...insistent... They''re lovely people, and it''s definitely a case of them wanting the best and being excited for each other, but I''m not really ready to be under that scrutiny yet! (BF and I have exactly the same response to "When are you getting married?": "Eh, I don''t like him/her that much yet.")

Well, we might be at the top of the list now. But we''re not really sure.

It seems that yesterday BF''s cousin sent out an e-mail to his parents and brother saying, "So, I think tonight''s the night. I bought a new shirt, and I should have some good news if I get the response I''m expecting." By yesterday afternoon, the entire extended family had a copy of the e-mail.

We have no idea if he actually asked, and quite obviously will not say anything until he announces it. But I really can''t believe the WHOLE family knew it was coming before his GF!

BF may be having a talk about how much is shared with family before it happens. This is nuts.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2008 4:43:27 PM
Author:princesss
I think I''ve posted on here before about BF''s cousin who is going to propose sometime soon. BF and I have been torn, hoping that they''d get engaged because they''re really perfect for each other, and hoping they wouldn''t because that means we''re next on the family''s list of expected proposals and his family is a little...insistent... They''re lovely people, and it''s definitely a case of them wanting the best and being excited for each other, but I''m not really ready to be under that scrutiny yet! (BF and I have exactly the same response to ''When are you getting married?'': ''Eh, I don''t like him/her that much yet.'')

Well, we might be at the top of the list now. But we''re not really sure.

It seems that yesterday BF''s cousin sent out an e-mail to his parents and brother saying, ''So, I think tonight''s the night. I bought a new shirt, and I should have some good news if I get the response I''m expecting.'' By yesterday afternoon, the entire extended family had a copy of the e-mail.

We have no idea if he actually asked, and quite obviously will not say anything until he announces it. But I really can''t believe the WHOLE family knew it was coming before his GF!

BF may be having a talk about how much is shared with family before it happens. This is nuts.
I was present for a proposal where EVERYBODY knew except the GF. Literally, like, 30 people. It was hysterical! I guess it doesn''t seem that odd to me, and it''s great that his family is really tight-knit. I would love a proposal that included my family, but if not, I would at least like them to know. It''s kind of like waiting for X-mas!
3.gif

Anyway, I hope you and your BF are ready for the spotlight! How long have you been dating? After my BF''s brother got married in July, I think he started to feel a bit more ''pressure''. It''s kind of fun to be the center of attention though, and I''m not even that type of person
2.gif
Especially as the girl, you can just deflect all the attention back to him!
27.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Gosh, we''re nowhere near ready for the spotlight! Haha. It''ll be 4 years for us next month, which is very exciting. We were hoping for at least another year or two before we got pushed to the #1 slot. Who knows...maybe his little sister or cousin will lap us? That''d be nice. At least we''ll probably have a year or two until the wedding, so we can just deflect. "When we''ll get married? Oh, I don''t know...it''s just exciting to watch S plan right now! I can tell I''ve got a lot to learn from her..."

I think being present and knowing that somebody''s going to propose is fun, lol, I just think it''s odd that the family is all spread out across the East Coast, so the news traveled down the whole coast before she knew. It is great how close they are, though. My family is the polar opposite, so it''s nice to be around a group of people that really love each other so much. Plus they ALL share the same sense of humour, and they''re a really hilarious bunch.

I guess it just made me go "hmmm" because in this one little part of my life I''m super private. I''m normally very open, but I desperately want the proposal to be a quiet, private moment.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2008 5:36:14 PM
Author: princesss
Gosh, we''re nowhere near ready for the spotlight! Haha. It''ll be 4 years for us next month, which is very exciting. We were hoping for at least another year or two before we got pushed to the #1 slot. Who knows...maybe his little sister or cousin will lap us? That''d be nice. At least we''ll probably have a year or two until the wedding, so we can just deflect. ''When we''ll get married? Oh, I don''t know...it''s just exciting to watch S plan right now! I can tell I''ve got a lot to learn from her...''

I think being present and knowing that somebody''s going to propose is fun, lol, I just think it''s odd that the family is all spread out across the East Coast, so the news traveled down the whole coast before she knew. It is great how close they are, though. My family is the polar opposite, so it''s nice to be around a group of people that really love each other so much. Plus they ALL share the same sense of humour, and they''re a really hilarious bunch.

I guess it just made me go ''hmmm'' because in this one little part of my life I''m super private. I''m normally very open, but I desperately want the proposal to be a quiet, private moment.
I completely understand about not wanting to be in the spotlight just yet. SO and I never had a ''real marriage talk'' until like, 4.75 yrs or so, lol! I really just wasn''t ready! Once I said I was though, he RAN out and bought a ring! LOL. No proposal yet though.
28.gif
It was really odd being at his brother''s wedding, because we have been dating for years longer than the bride and groom had, and SO''s dad was asking me if I was ''taking notes'' and such. SO''s entire family was giving us winks and smiles and nudges, and telling us that they would be watching the mailbox for their invitations. I am pretty anti-wedding, so that''s the part that makes it awkward for me. And I agree with the super private thing, but ironically, I would love a public proposal and a private wedding. The idea of people watching me profess my love to my FF is totally insane to me, and I don''t like talking about my feelings about SO to people (outside of PS). Ugh, I am so backwards! I''m hopeless. The idea of a wedding makes me not want to get married, ever!
15.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I love the idea of a small wedding. The whole idea of having people watch me say my vows is EXACTLY why I would never write my own. That''s exceptionally private to me, and while I might write it all down and give to BF, I would never dream of saying that in front of other people!

I''m fairly anti-wedding, too. I want my parents there, and his parents, siblings, and a few close friends. But weddings in his family are a B-I-G production, and can last for days! He loves having everybody around, since they''re so tight knit, so he made me promise we can do some kind of big party with everybody, but he seems okay with a really small wedding. Thank goodness!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results