shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you buy an M color IGI diamond?

Yaya348

Rough_Rock
Hi I ordered a ring from Pure Grown Diamonds It is a 1.18 Princess Cut VVS2 M color IGI diamond. From what i've been reading an IGI M color is 2 or 3 shades darker than a GIA M color. I like the warmer color diamonds but I don't want it to look extreamly yellow. I attached the picture they sent me after i had already bought it. Does it look right for an M color? I should receive it soon, I'm really hoping it's not too yellow.

11-25286_1.jpg

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
A GIA graded M will show a tint to most people, at least in some lighting. I don't know how big the difference between GIA and IGI's grading is typically but I'm sure there have been threads on that in the past. Also, it's impossible to be able to say whether it's an M or O or P from a photo because the differences between colour grades are subtle and many variables affect the colour a photograph shows, from different monitors showing colours slightly differently to white balance.

You may already have it; if you do, are you happy with it?

Yaya348

Rough_Rock
Hi and thank you for your reply,
I ended up canceling the order before it shipped. I just didn't have a good feeling about it. I knew i wasn't going to be happy with it, so i am now on the search for maybe and I or J color.

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, that was probably the safest thing to do if you want to avoid the hassle of returns. I hope you find what you want - feel free to post pics when that happens. Good luck!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results