shape
carat
color
clarity

Sigh, Lifegem is at it again -

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
They claim they are going to make a "limited edition" of diamonds from Michael Jackson''s hair. Will it never stop???

Wink

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Ugh.
38.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/12/2009 3:31:24 PM
Author: Stone-cold11
hmm.. so they shave MJ's hair before he is sent into the oven?
Nope, I heard someone had a lock of his hair from when his hair caught on fire when he made the Pepsi ad and was planning to use that!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/12/2009 3:44:25 PM
Author: Lorelei
Date: 8/12/2009 3:31:24 PM

Author: Stone-cold11

hmm.. so they shave MJ''s hair before he is sent into the oven?

Nope, I heard someone had a lock of his hair from when his hair caught on fire when he made the Pepsi ad and was planning to use that!

That''s what I heard, too, but that''s pretty much impossible - yes, they could have had a lock of his hair from back then, but it wouldn''t be nearly enough for what LifeGem claims they do.

EEFranklin

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/13/2009 8:21:32 PM
Author: MonkeyPie

That''s what I heard, too, but that''s pretty much impossible - yes, they could have had a lock of his hair from back then, but it wouldn''t be nearly enough for what LifeGem claims they do.

While I am not defending or supporting what LifeGem does, I thought I would add my two cents...

Including "contributed carbon" during the growth process (versus generic carbon) is relatively straightforward, and certainly possible. They did the same thing with a lock of Beethoven''s hair a few years back.

The question shouldn''t be is it possible, but rather how much of the contributed carbon makes up the final diamond(s)? Essentially, one carbon atom is identical to every other carbon atom, regardless of where they come from, so measuring what percent of the diamond came from MJ may be near impossible, but including his carbon into the growth process isn''t. I haven''t seen any claims from LG about the percent, and wouldn''t expect it, since to the best of my knowledge, it isn''t possible to measure. Ethics and disclosure issues aside, anything >0%, technically would contain MJ''s carbon.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Does this not make anyone want to vomit? I''m serious. I do hair and I couldn''t imagine wanting a diamond out of it. It just seems disgusting me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results