shape
carat
color
clarity

Lab grown OEC?

sugarski

Shiny_Rock
Hi all, does anyone know much about the lab created Old European Cuts? I'm interested in one between 1.5-2 carats in a lower color, say K-O (since I think the lower colors suit the OEC cut best), for a ring. But I'm not sure such a thing even exists! Any comments or suggestions about where to look appreciated. :)

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
I have yet to see a lab grown diamond with an OEC, if that's what you have your heart set on, you may need to purchase a larger RB cut and have it re-cut in to an OEC.

For larger RB cuts, I'd check out Brilliant Earth, they have better prices than some of the others, but I don't see anything less than I color.

labisbest

Rough_Rock
I haven't seen any OEC lab diamonds. Pure Grown Diamonds carries stones in the J-M range, but they are more expensive than other sites such as numined diamonds, 1215engagement and d.neadiamonds. That cut isn't out there in lab diamonds,but the color is. I have seen that cut in Amora.

ChristineRose

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I may be wrong, but I recall seeing a lab August Vintage OEC at Good Old Gold. Even if I'm wrong, I bet they'd cut you one if you asked nicely. :)

As far as lower colors, there was an interesting post on colors on another site (which I won't name due to board rules). But the essence of it was that grown diamonds come in a limited number of types which correspond to specific growing techniques; that this provider mostly grows type IIA and whitens them, and that the higher colors are greyish and not what people look for in a K. Other growers use other techniques and get attractive high colors but also smaller diamonds or higher prices.

For better or for worse, the growers are all switching to whites. I think you need to find someone to connect the dots between growers and cutters for you.

PumpkinsAreAwesome

Shiny_Rock
ChristineRose|1440516728|3918993 said:
I may be wrong, but I recall seeing a lab August Vintage OEC at Good Old Gold. Even if I'm wrong, I bet they'd cut you one if you asked nicely. :)

As far as lower colors, there was an interesting post on colors on another site (which I won't name due to board rules). But the essence of it was that grown diamonds come in a limited number of types which correspond to specific growing techniques; that this provider mostly grows type IIA and whitens them, and that the higher colors are greyish and not what people look for in a K. Other growers use other techniques and get attractive high colors but also smaller diamonds or higher prices.

For better or for worse, the growers are all switching to whites. I think you need to find someone to connect the dots between growers and cutters for you.

Do we know which vendor uses diamonds that seem to have been artificially whitened? Having a greyish diamond certainly isn't something I'd like!

That aside, it's too bad there aren't any companies that carry lab OECs!

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Funny you mention this. :) To date no OEC has been lab grown as the technology succeeds the cutting of those oldies. HOWEVER I have been talking with one of the worlds foremost manufacturers of the possibilities. The beautiful thing ... the whites would be white but the tone of color in the lab growns graduate to the pinkish hue I talk about in some of our YT videos. And the price points .... :bigsmile:

PumpkinsAreAwesome

Shiny_Rock
Rhino|1444357963|3936511 said:

Funny you mention this. :) To date no OEC has been lab grown as the technology succeeds the cutting of those oldies. HOWEVER I have been talking with one of the worlds foremost manufacturers of the possibilities. The beautiful thing ... the whites would be white but the tone of color in the lab growns graduate to the pinkish hue I talk about in some of our YT videos. And the price points .... :bigsmile:

This sounds amazing! Can we do this sooner than later? I volunteer as test subject! :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results