shape
carat
color
clarity

Inclusions in HPHT synthetics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are they sometimes very included, like an I2, I3 and higer stone?

Alexei Zarakhani

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/21/2009 12:58:29 AM
Author:tourmaline_lover
Are they sometimes very included, like an I2, I3 and higer stone?

Sometimes they are. However, in most cases clarity falls between VS and SI with some stones resulting in IF-VVS and some - in I1-I2 clarity. At least, that is our experience. As an example, please see our current blue diamond inventory here.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've seen some vivid orange yellow stones that remind me of some of the color of some of the lab grown material, but very included. 30 to 80% of the stone was riddled with inclusions. I'm not sure if it was natural/synthetic, but is it possible it could still be synthetic based on that many inclusions? They were around 50 points.

Alexei Zarakhani

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/21/2009 9:49:08 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
I've seen some vivid orange yellow stones that remind me of some of the color of some of the lab grown material, but very included. 30 to 80% of the stone was riddled with inclusions. I'm not sure if it was natural/synthetic, but is it possible it could still be synthetic based on that many inclusions? They were around 50 points.

The stones you had seen most likely were synthetic diamonds (aka "lab grown" but industrially produced) of a very poor quality. At best, they could be used in low-end industrial applications.

In general, lab grown diamonds can be very included, same as mined diamonds. To grow diamonds with less inclusions, especially whites and blues, still represents a huge technological and scientific challenge. Despite a common stereotype, there were no flawless synthetic diamond (rough) ever produced.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results