shape
carat
color
clarity

A home for my red diamond!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I finally had a chance to pick up my green diamonds and drop them off to the jeweler!

The next step is to see the wax!
Although I've asked her to do one more CAD showing me the thinner shank (2mm).
She has positively assured me that I won't be able to see the metal around the flower petals. Which was good to hear.

Fingers crossed!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah yay! Can't wait to see the wax! I'm glad the shank is thinned and the metal in the halo won't show. That'll make the whole thing a lot more subtle and sleek.

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Here's the wax!

wax_dark.jpg

wax_light.jpg

wax_light_side.jpg

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Slightly bigger pictures.

wax_cropped.jpg

wax_side_view_cropped.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really can't wait to see this. How do you feel do you like the wax?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
updates???

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Niel,
The wax was cool! I wish I had asked for a second one to keep. She did let me try it on briefly.
My main impression is that it will have real hand presence! I'm beginning to understand how the whole dss thing happens. You just get used to wearing a larger ring and then everything else looks small in comparison!

I was just thinking last week that it's been a long time and I should call her and see if it's done.
I did tell her there was no time pressure.
And I have to admit that I'm still spending so much quality time with my asscher sapphire (it's almost seven carats, thus my dss thoughts) that I haven't really been in a hurry to have the red diamond back.
But I am planning to call her when I get from vacation in a couple of weeks.
I'll keep you posted.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
periwinklegirl|1375602519|3496287 said:
Hi Niel,
The wax was cool! I wish I had asked for a second one to keep. She did let me try it on briefly.
My main impression is that it will have real hand presence! I'm beginning to understand how the whole dss thing happens. You just get used to wearing a larger ring and then everything else looks small in comparison!

I was just thinking last week that it's been a long time and I should call her and see if it's done.
I did tell her there was no time pressure.
And I have to admit that I'm still spending so much quality time with my asscher sapphire (it's almost seven carats, thus my dss thoughts) that I haven't really been in a hurry to have the red diamond back.
But I am planning to call her when I get from vacation in a couple of weeks.
I'll keep you posted.

oh i cant wait to see! Thanks for the compliment on my marquise BTW, most PSers find them a hard thing to love :lol:

Too bad we are on opposite sides of the country, i would love to let your MMDs persuade me into buying some of my own. :Up_to_something:

cannot wait to see this finished!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
still no news?

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
So I called her, and it had been finished since May. Sure enough, there's a MSG on my phone! How did I miss that (for three months)! Slaps forehead. But now there are some timing glitches. First she's away, and then I'm going away again. So it'll be a couple more weeks.
I've been on a pearl kick over the summer anyway, so I'm not having trouble waiting. Sorry to keep you in suspense.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
periwinklegirl|1377408674|3509417 said:
So I called her, and it had been finished since May. Sure enough, there's a MSG on my phone! How did I miss that (for three months)! Slaps forehead. But now there are some timing glitches. First she's away, and then I'm going away again. So it'll be a couple more weeks.
I've been on a pearl kick over the summer anyway, so I'm not having trouble waiting. Sorry to keep you in suspense.

That's OK, I just want to see some red diamond bling.....

I'm thinking of getting a step cut blue spinel similar to your sapphire (if you know what I mean).... so that's exciting!.... I'm going to run out of hands.

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
You totally should! I love my step cut! I've been wearing it everyday for three months now!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
periwinklegirl|1377483021|3509755 said:
You totally should! I love my step cut! I've been wearing it everyday for three months now!

I know I really want to. The only thing holding me back is that I'm loving my marquise right i can't imagine not wearing it.

I'm thinking about just buying it and letting it sit around for a few years. I dunno. Its like a stunning cobalt, and I'm mesmerized.

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
It's here!

Pics first!!!

_9752.jpg

_9755.jpg

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
More pics

_9753.jpg

_9756.jpg

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
And more!

_9757.jpg

_9758.jpg

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
And one for perspective. You can see the red fluor a little in the close up shot, it makes the red diamond look a little hazy.
I don't know why they're all upside down.

_9760.jpg

_9761.jpg

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom|1362203859|3394342 said:
That will be awesome! I love jewelry with floral motif.

Me three! It's awesome!!!! :love: :love: :love:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How fun! Its beautiful! How do you feel??

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
It turned out BEAUTIFULLY, periwinkle girl!! A lovely floral blossom to admire all day long!! I love the combination- its so unique and well executed!!

Enjoy!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much! I certainly spent long enough planning it. I did kind of wear out my poor jeweller.
I'm really pleased. There are things I would change if I could, and maybe at some point I will.
I'm really enjoying the bling though! The white stones refract like crazy ( esp. considering the halo is only half a carat), and love all the little green glints I get from the leaves!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Niel|1378728736|3517168 said:
How fun! Its beautiful! How do you feel??

Thanks!

Well, I really like the overall look. The scalloped petals are bang on. And I like the leaves. But I wish I gone for a third leaf on either side, down the shank. And I'd like milgrain on the inside edge of leaves (right now it's only on the outside).
And oddly enough, now that my fancy red stone is on my hand, I wish it was redder! It's a little too pink for me. But I suspect it will grow on me. And I can always ask Eric to put me on a wait list for a deeper red one (this is fancy intense purplish red), which will probably take a few years. So at least I can enjoy this one now! I don't see any point in keeping my fcds in gem jars!

But all in all I really like it. I'm developing more confidence in my design ability, and am starting to learn what details are important to me.

One other thing, I really like my local jeweller, but now that I've done a more complicated project with her, I think I'd like to do my next one with D.NEA. Their prices are pretty comparable and their quality of workmanship and customer service are much higher!
We PSers try the patience of a normal bench!

Thanks again for all your input and encouragement!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
A few more pics! In the second one you can the red fluor, it makes the stone look hazy and gives it an orange cast. It's not hazy at all except in bright sunlight.

_9798.jpg

_9799.jpg

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
And another. This is in early morning light. Makes the white gold look almost yellow!

_9800.jpg

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Another close up. Sorry if I'm posting too many pics!

_9825.jpg

Lexa

Rough_Rock
Nice design! It has an intricate-vintagy look. Good way to use the smaller sized center and give it a really nice presence, also. I think I would agree with milgraining - on the long straight lines that are the borders of the leaves - it would break them up a little, and make them match the small details of the ring better.

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I missed this because it's not in the CS forum. It looks like it came out just right.

I love your red diamond! I think your stone reads more red than pink. If find that a little bit of a purple modifier makes a red pop (versus a totally neutral red, or one with an orange modifier).

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Its incredible! WOW! I love the finished piece.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much to both of you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results