shape
carat
color
clarity

Yay! I got my watch! Pics included!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So my DH has kept me a happy woman once again! I posted on an earlier thread that I was looking for a Tag Heuer watch and that it was his gift to me for putting up with so many "boy" trips without me this year, but we''d use V-Day as the "gift occasion." He went to our jeweler today and picked one out for me! I gave him a few pics of ones I liked, but in the end I let him make the decision. IMO, he has exceptional taste in jewelry, I let him choose my e-ring and wedding band, and he got me a beautiful diamond halo-set pendant for our first anniversary all by himself! He knows I love diamonds and all about my obsession with PS, but he also knows I''m not the type to TELL him exactly what I want--I like the surprise element of gifts too much, and I really trust him to pick out things he knows I will love and that suit my style. Once again, this theory of mine has been proven!

tag1742.JPG

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s the pic off the Tag website. I love this watch! I totally didn''t expect diamond markers, but he surprised me! It has .08 ctw of vvs-If, f-g color diamonds (11 total)...they are so tiny yet so fiery!

tagdia1742.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your hubby did a great job!!! I love that watch Monarch it''s beautiful!!
30.gif
36.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Lucky girl.
36.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Kaleigh! I love being able to come here and "show off" my jewelry! I absolutely can''t do that with our friends or anyone else--I just wait until they notice and then I get all embarrassed! But here I have found a great community of people who appreciate the finer things in life without being judgmental and all that jazz...
emrainbow.gif

OK, off now to post in Watches, watches, watches! Yay, I finally get to add one!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
emotion-19.gif
I''m totally having a glass of celebratory Chardonnay!
emteeth.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How do you link another thread? Just wanted to link my old one about "which watch do you like?"

Thanks Moon River! Hubby went to Canada for 10 days without phone contact with the boys this summer and is going to Vegas in March for a 4 day weekend with the same guys for March Madness college basketball tournaments...I told him he had to get me something to make up for all my patience this year...IS IT WRONG???!!!! LOL!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/11/2006 9:58:28 PM
Author: monarch64
Thanks Kaleigh! I love being able to come here and ''show off'' my jewelry! I absolutely can''t do that with our friends or anyone else--I just wait until they notice and then I get all embarrassed! But here I have found a great community of people who appreciate the finer things in life without being judgmental and all that jazz...
emrainbow.gif

OK, off now to post in Watches, watches, watches! Yay, I finally get to add one!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
emotion-19.gif
I''m totally having a glass of celebratory Chardonnay!
emteeth.gif
You know if you get a new piece of jewelry and DON''T show it off we''ll hunt you down and stalk you til we get a good look at it.
27.gif

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
It looks great on your wrist and the diamonds are a bonus you weren't expecting what more can you ask?
31.gif
Plus you got it early!
9.gif

Lisa
Wait a minute... was it you who would love an emerald RHR in the near future? Has he any plans with the guys for this year?
31.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LMAO you guys are so funny!!! Moonriver, I KNOW! That''s what I love about this site!
emotion-20.gif

LisaC....you devil, yes I AM in the market for an emerald RHR! But I''m saving that for my 30th b-day which will be in hmmmmm... 15 months! I guess I''d better start encouraging these boy trips more, lol!
face22.gif
face5.gif
20.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried to post in "Watches, watches, watches," and all of the above pics were rejected. Can anyone tell me why???

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Love the watch, and the diamond markers are a beautiful bonus!!! Tag is a great watch, and you''ll have it forever.
36.gif

To repost the same pics in another thread, you''ll have to rename them.
20.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
love your tag monarch.. it looks perfect on you! congrats!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, SDL! Ha ha, you are not behind...I posted my wedding set a while back in SMTR, but I never posted a pic of my pendant. Here''s one of both to "catch you up!"

pendwrset17.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Monarch,
I love your pendant. Are there diamonds in the chain as well?? Hard to tell from the pic. It''s lovely!!

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Ohhhh, I love the watch and pendant!!! What a great husband you have!! Maybe he can teach my soon to be husband some tricks
2.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No diamonds on the chain of the pendant--sorry about the photo quality! Just your standard 14k wg chain.
face1.gif

Yup, Rascal, he''s a pretty great guy! As far as tricks, we''re just lucky enough to have an understanding of each other''s needs--he likes to go on fun guy trips, and I like jewelry, so we both try to do things that make the other happy whether it pleases us tremendously or not. I get a little sad when he goes out of town without me to do his own thing, but I know he needs that time to be a guy without worrying about my good time, and he knows that it helps me to have something sparkly to stare at while he''s gone!!!
30.gif

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Monarch...Great watch. Love the diamond markers.

Your pendant looks really pretty...do you have any close-up pictures?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, ID. I''ll try to post some close up pics of the pendant in the next couple of days! The center stone isn''t certed or anything, and I can''t even remember the ctw, isn''t that sad?!
emsad.gif
But it''s a nice piece anywho. Got it back in 2004, before my PS days otherwise you better believe I would have all the stats!
emotion-5.gif

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Oooo! Love the watch! I am in the market for a new one but I have to wait a few months until my birthday. I will have to check the Tags out!

Where did you get the pendant? I love it!
30.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pendant is from M & M too, Pebbles!!! DH doesn''t go anywhere else. He''s very old-school, once he finds something he likes he never strays, which is good for me, huh!

Oh, Pebbles, i was going to tell you I once had a job interview at Merry Richards in OakBrook! They are really nice. The female half of the couple that owns it interviewed me...I''m pretty polished in appearance but I felt like a complete frump next to her, lol! She''s beautiful, and her husband is so sweet. My SIL used to tutor their kids--she teaches 5th grade at Oakbrook. We''ve never purchased anything from them, but I have a friend who has.

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
I love Merry Richards! I wish they were closer to me as I would go there for all my jewelry needs! But 45 minutes just to get the prongs checked out is kind of far for me, especially with the two toddlers right now. That's cool that you had an interview with them. I usually deal with Joe but I have met Richard the owner before.

One of my friends got his wife's e-ring there too. I have sent several co-workers there as well. I should get a referral gift from them!
2.gif

ETA: I went to Merry Richards once after one of my rotation days where I was wearing scrubs and my hair in a pony tail. This was back when the only diamond I had was my original .38ct. They made me feel like I had a 2ct stone b/c I kept apologizing about the size of my diamond. They were never snooty to me even though I was way underdressed.
2.gif
I take it you didn't get the job though.
7.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am cracking up right now just remembering my interview there. I answered an ad from careerbuilder to get the interview. I didn''t realize they weren''t a "typical" brick & mortar, and that most of what they carry I had never even heard of, lol. They treated me SO nicely, though. I didn''t get the job because the only jewelry experience I had was working for J.C. Penney''s jewelry department a long time ago. She told me that most of the people on the sales staff have their gemology degrees!!! She did tell me I had a nice body, and asked me if I had children (which is totally an illegal thing to ask, ha ha). I was obviously a tad out of my element, especially knowing nothing of PS back then!!

We gotta find you a closer jeweler, though! No wonder you''re on PS--you don''t have to deal with distance and traffic to drool here!
face1.gif

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
There is a B&M place not too far away that I have been going to. They''re OK; I don''t like one of the sales ladies there but everyone else seems to be OK. They did kind of tick me off recently b/c I brought my .38ct round to be put in a bezel setting and I told them I wanted a really thin bezel. Well, the girdle on the stone is uneven so they couldn''t do a super thin one, instead they put it in a medium bezel without telling me. When I went to pick it up they told me the problem and I said I wish I would have known as I would have cancelled the project. The sales lady that I don''t like was the one that screwed everything up; the owner gave me a discount off the bezel (and like an idiot I took it) but now I''m kind of leary to go back there. My husband, who is totally not into jewelry, thinks I am being way too picky and likes the bezel the way it is. It does make the diamond look bigger, but the principle is what bugs me.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, sorry to hear that. Have you posted any pictures of the ring here? I think I would take the ring back if I wasn''t totally happy with it. I''m not completely happy with my e-ring, the way the head sits in the shank, that is...we''ve gone as far as picking out a different setting for it with sidestones at M &M, but the more I see here on PS the more tempted I am to convince him to let me get one custom made from one of the vendors on here. I have a long wish list, though, so I''ll probably have to hold off for a couple more years, hee hee.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results