shape
carat
color
clarity

Would like information on unique antique necklace

BlancheD

Rough_Rock
Hi. I have an antique 14 k gold unusual necklace that I purchased at a estate sale a few weeks ago. There are no markings, not even a 14 k stamp. The only information I have is its from the 1900s. image_411.jpg
The necklace is in excellent shape for its age and it was in a box that has JE Fiedler Jeweler on the front. I would like to know if anyone could give me more information about it. Thank you.image_411.jpg

_1927.jpeg

_1928.jpeg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My best guess - with emphasis on the "guess" - is that the necklace is a relatively modern mash-up of a store-bought chain and homemade (or craft-made) pendant. Your pictures are not totally clear, but it looks like the pendant is a silk flower encased in glass, with stained glass techniques (copper foil and solder) used to hold the parts together. If the chain is not marked, it's more likely to be gold plated than solid gold. For some reason I'm thinking this might be of 1970's to 1980's vintage: the colors are sort of from that era, and stained glass was a sort of popular hobby back then - or at least, stained glass supplies were reasonably available.

ETA - I did some stained glass work back then, using directions from this book, which covered a little bit of everything!

51wghekzivl.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results