shape
carat
color
clarity

Who is your favorite custom designer?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

amber_312

Shiny_Rock
Hi!

Who is your favorite custom designer for rings? Does the designer have a website you could share? Or do you know of a site/company that carries reasonably priced ring settings?

I would love to hear about your positive experiences. Please feel free to share pictures too. =)

Thanks so much in advance!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Custom "designer" and reasonable don''t always coincide.

For modern fluid pieces I love Mark Morrell:http://www.mwmjewelry.com/

For pave encrusted things I think Leon''s work is stunning: http://www.artofplatinum.com/start/enter.php

Now if you have a design you want implemented, then you really want a bench person. In that case there are different people to recommend...the above are designers, not benches.

amber_312

Shiny_Rock
*nods*

i don''t think i worded the post correctly. what i meant to ask is, who do you like to check out for semi-mounts at a reasonable price?

thanks for your input though!

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
My favorite is Catherine Iskiw.

http://www.catherineiskiw.com/

Ok, I just read your updated question. Disregard my post.
5.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pearlman''s has a very large selection of semi mounts and Bill is wonderful to work with. That is where I would start personally.

amber_312

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/8/2008 11:57:06 AM
Author: neatfreak
Pearlman''s has a very large selection of semi mounts and Bill is wonderful to work with. That is where I would start personally.

thank you, neatfreak. =)

kimikocat

Shiny_Rock
"Reasonably priced" is a relative term :)

One of my favorite custom designers is Van Craeynest.

My other favorite would be the folks who made my ring, they are local to Berkeley/Oakland and they have a great bench. They did a lovely job setting my OEC. They don''t have much of a web presence.

My third favorite is Leon M.

I could go on...

:)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

ditto neatfreak. Pearlmans is a wonderful place to start and Bill is just the best!!

amber_312

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/12/2008 5:48:08 PM
Author: mrssalvo

ditto neatfreak. Pearlmans is a wonderful place to start and Bill is just the best!!

thank you!!!
35.gif

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Whiteflash.com

They made me a semi-custon 3 stone trellis setting 2 years back. Right now they are making me a custom diamond and sapphire bezel with milgrain eternity band.

amber_312

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/16/2008 3:42:28 PM
Author: february2003bride
Whiteflash.com

They made me a semi-custon 3 stone trellis setting 2 years back. Right now they are making me a custom diamond and sapphire bezel with milgrain eternity band.

oooh! can''t wait to see pics of that!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results