shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to look for oval diamond huggie earrings about 1k GBP?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope the seasoned jewellery shoppers on PS can help me please.

I am looking for a pair of white gold diamond huggie earrings that I can wear with interchangeable drops such as pearls or CSs.

Therefore, the back of the earrings can't be too wide. However, the front would need to be more than just a thin band of diamonds or they will "disappear" on me, due to the size of my earlopes and my overall "build" size.

They can be too deep/long as I do not like too much space showing between the earrings and the bottom of my earlopes, about 12.5mm/0.5in would be about right.

I prefer oval shape as they do not stick out as much as round ones that can add width to my already wide face.

I looked at those on offer at White Flash and Brian Gavin, and did not find anything that suits. The oval ones listed on White Flash and Pearl Paradise are too thin and long for my liking.

Found these 0.7ct I/SI2 ones on Bluenile which I think may be suitable:

http://www.bluenile.com/uk/diamond-earrings-hoop_8486

And have found similar offerings on eBay, these ones being 1.3ct F/VS2:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190723965829?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I would be grateful for any pointers where I may be able to find similar earrings please, many thanks for your help in advance.

If I cannot find anything suitable ready to wear, then I am prepared to save up and pay a bit more to go down the custom route with the likes of WF/BDG/etc...

DK :))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Where to look for oval diamond huggie earrings about 1k

Pics of my earlope:

studwithjacket.jpg earshotjacketwithdiamondstudsmall.jpg

The simple diamond earring jacket is about 12mm in diameter, and the flower earring jacket is 19.4mm in diameter overall (please ignore the space between the diamond stud and jacket, as the jackets are made for pairing with round pearls or gold balls).

Hence a thin band would just disappear on my ear!

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Hi DK,
I came across these earrings when checking out BGD looking for wedding earrings: http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond-earrings/fashion/extended-chandeliers-14k-white-gold-5640w14

The earring are the shape that you need (oval hugging the earlobes) but you may want to ask them to do a custom job so you can get more substantial melee. I have not used BGD before, but they seem quite popular here on PS.
Price wise, you could send the photo to IDJ, I have used them before, and they were happy to post my jewellery to the UK.

Good luck in your search

R

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks for the information.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results