shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to find Edwardian/Art Deco Estate Wedding Band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

flilow06

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi everyone,

I''m looking for just the right piece to show that certain someone how special they are, and rather quickly.

I found exactly what I''m looking for at Topazery, http://www.topazery.com/antique-jewelry-item-rg1254.htm, just as it was sold.
8.gif

I''d really appreciate suggestions on where I might be able to track down a ring just like that. I''ve checked Marlene Harriscol and a few other places that pop up in a search, but I can''t seem to find a ring with such an intricate pattern. Also, definitely must be an authentic piece, not a reproduction.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I believe that''s called a "forget me not" ring. Try googling that.

flilow06

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hudson - Did find some interesting articles on the meaning of the flowers, but didn''t lead me to any rings of the sort.

iluvcarats - 5.5 would be ideal.

Thank you!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
hi flilow -

i know this is half a size too small, but....

this?

or this is the right size....

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
i wonder if they could stretch the first one i linked to?

flilow06

Rough_Rock
Trade
Wow, lots of stuff on that website.

The platinum one is gorgeous, I'm just concerned that it may be too thick. Also, I know it's a nice chunk of platinum but isn't that a bit pricey for a ring without stones?

The first white gold that whitby posted is pretty nice, need to find out whether these can be resized with the pattern all the way around.

Edit: Hudson - The flowers on the platinum ring are indeed described as "forget me nots."

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
flilow -

perhaps your ring can be stretched?

given that you only want to go up half a size, i''d enquire about this - either with the original vendor or with your jeweler.

gold is the best metal for stretching as it''s quite malleable, and rings can be stretched reasonably easily, altho with a patterned ring a greater degree of skill and experience is needed. a lot also depends on the thickness of the band, so you''d need to enquire about that also. the pattern *can* become slightly distorted, so you''d want this done by someone experienced and careful in stretching patterned rings. half a size, tho, should be possible.

anyway, stretching might be the way forward for you if you decide to proceed on this ring.

good luck!

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
hi! would you mind to say how much they sold the ring you posted. i mean the original poster. the one from topazery. the reason i ask is i inherited a ring just like that. it is 18k wg with the same design. i do not wish to sell it i am just curious what the market bore. thanks and if you would rather not say i understand.

flilow06

Rough_Rock
Trade
Not sure to be honest. When I came upon it, it was already "sold pending funds" with no price to be seen.

From looking at every similar ring I've been able to find on their website and too many others, I'd guess around $600.

Enjoy yours! I haven't really gotten the "that's the one" feeling with any other ring I've seen yet, so I'm going to continue the hunt a bit longer...

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2010 1:59:25 PM
Author: flilow06
Wow, lots of stuff on that website.

The platinum one is gorgeous, I''m just concerned that it may be too thick. Also, I know it''s a nice chunk of platinum but isn''t that a bit pricey for a ring without stones?

The first white gold that whitby posted is pretty nice, need to find out whether these can be resized with the pattern all the way around.

Edit: Hudson - The flowers on the platinum ring are indeed described as ''forget me nots.''

To be honest, if I was looking for an antique wedding ring, and found the perfect one in my size, I would buy it. It is a piece of jewelry that you wear everyday for the rest of your life. The price boils down to less than a dolar a day for 3 years. That is how I would justify it anyway (if it was THE PERFECT ring) You would probably pay the same if you bought Varna.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
thanks! i just got the sold note. i hope you are successful. good luck!

Fiaind

Rough_Rock
You might try doing a search for Belais, they have several bands in that style, usually in 14k or 18k white gold.

I have an example of their work, both with a stone and without, that I''ll post later today when I get home from work. Need the time to take pictures!

flilow06

Rough_Rock
Trade
That''s a great suggestion. I actually started looking for "orange blossom" rings late last night and may have found a nice one in the right size. Still waiting to hear back on whether it''s a Belais or not.

flilow06

Rough_Rock
Trade
Friday I came across an eBay seller who had a very cursory description of a ring for sale, with rather poor pics, only noting that it was marked platinum with an inscription. He had great feedback and a return policy that past users had positive remarks about. The ring was the right size and an incredible price.

What I could make out from the pics was that it definitely had an art deco "orange blossom" engraving, and even though the pics were fuzzy, it looked to be in great condition. So... I pulled the trigger.

My first surprise: I purchased the ring via "Buy It Now" very late Friday night, around midnight. Package arrives this morning! Now I''m thinking, this is too good to be true. (I needed the ring for an event I was planning for my girlfriend this week).

Second surprise: I blast the package open and scramble for a magnifying glass to see just what I''ve gotten myself into. It''s a Traub! Marking reads, "Traub Orange Blossom .900 plat .100 irid." Initials from and to, but no date.

I had done some quick reading about Traub when I first started looking. Can anyone give me a more in depth history lesson?

I''ll post up pics later! Thanks everyone for your help.
21.gif

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
hi! i am so happy you have found something. i am not an expert on traub and only did a quick search after you mentioned the name. you probably know this but here is what i learned in a very quick look. located in detroit michigan. the first source says the lovely detroit building was built for traub in, i believe, 1887. the second thing i looked at said they started in 1915, i believe. i think the earlier date was probably more right. another source says it was sold to josten''s in the 1970''s. i did see a geneology (sp) site that had a lady listed as a bookeeper for her uncle at traub''s jewelry. you have me interested and i intend to do some research when i get a chance. maybe some of the michigan ps folks can help. what i offered may be false just a quick look. please update what you learn.

i did see a lovely 1.7? engagement ring that claimed to be a part of the orange blossom line and made in the 20''s. it was lovely and i believe in the 11k range. all of the numbers are from memory so i may have erred in those.

flilow06

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thanks! Good find on the bookkeeper, didn''t see that. I''m very interested in dating this piece since there are a few "orange blossom" wedding band styles floating around.

Pic attached

TraubOBSideView.jpg

hbaldwin

Rough_Rock
That design is more intricate that the Orange Blossom by Traub that I have. I have one I'm trying to get more info about selling. I have an Orange Blossom by Traub, stamped 900 PLAT with 6 diamonds. It's engraved with the date of 10/23/37. I would like to sell mine so that I can use it for an engagement ring or the wedding dress. Let me know if you know anyone or how I should go about it please :D

Any help would be appreciated
5.gif

Heidi

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
that''s a fabulous ring. i think it''s the same one i was watching on ebay :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results