shape
carat
color
clarity

What type of jewelry do you love most? Rings? Bracelets? Earrings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
i love this forum as i think it''s full of diehard jewelry lovers. i also love it because it allows me to confess that my primary love is not for rings! altho i do love rings, i actually think i love earrings even more. one of the reasons i dont have any huge diamond rings is because i always end up buying earrings before i get my budget together for ''the big ring''. and when i *do* buy rings, i tend to gravitate towards bands, not solitaires; having large fingers, i need finger width coverage.

on the other hand, charm bracelets are my absolute waterloo; i LOVE them! i have a particular weak spot for all things enamel - *especially* antique enamel - and no enamel charm leaves my line of sight unhomed. :D

i''ve always wanted - and i mean really coveted! - a pair of diamond drop earrings. never had ''em - never been able to afford the type i wanted - never been able to justify it. and i adore pearls, which are my birthstone - a passion i hope to be able to indulge more when i turn 50 later on this year.

i also really enjoy a plain tubular gold or platinum bangle. necklaces i like also - but not to the same extent of some of these other things.

all up, i think i''d have to say i like earrings the best - especially drop earrings of the diamond, pearl or enamel variety. and i''d never buy a diamond if i could have a really good ruby instead...(i just LOVE red!)...

how about you? are you a diamond girl? a pearl girl? a ring person? or do necklaces really float your boat? would you rather have half a dozen pairs of earrings, or one big solitaire? what really does it for you?

xlent

Rough_Rock
I like necklaces and earrings..especially earrings on other people but I like rings and bracelets because I can see the gems. I have a necklace I wear all the time and I never see it..except in the mirror or when I take it off to put it away. I like rocks. I pick up rocks in the road and when I buy a rock I want to see it, play with it and enjoy it, It is bothersome sometimes to have these rocks on my hands but the pleasure of glancing down in certain lights and seeing the diamond flash or the garnet light up is why I have the baubles in the first place. So my choice is definitely Rings
You wear the earrings and I will enjoy looking at them..I will wear the rings so I can enjoy looking at them. Then I will be a happy rock hound person!

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
I like rings! Who would''ve guessed? ;-) I like 1) diamonds, 2) pearls, 3) opals.

For "real" jewelry, I prefer rings. Second choice is bracelet. I prefer chain or tennis bracelets, or something that doesn''t get in the way all day. Loose bangles that you have to squeeze onto your arm annoy me. I love charm bracelets, especially antique enamel or silver charms, like you do. I also like plain bracelets that are small but shiny or decorative. Hah. Third is necklaces. I like earrings, but would be afraid of losing them. I usually wear the same ball earrings daily, then throw them away every few months or so. (I get the sets of 5 earring pairs for $5, or some cheap stuff. For decorate ones, I''ll wear those just for an occasion, then wear the cheap studs again.) If it''s pearls, I prefer necklaces. For diamonds, I prefer rings or bracelets. Also, I like rings so I can see what I''m wearing more than if it were a necklace or earring. And, I just like some of the intricate ring designs more than some other types of jewelry.

For "costume" jewelry, I love necklaces. I especially love beaded necklaces, kind of old-fashioned style. I have some antique costume necklaces that I like.

In general, I would really love a signature piece or two that I always wear. Something not over the top, but tasteful yet distant and elegant. I''m not sure what that would be. I like fashion/costume jewelry, though, too.
I''d rather have multiple "kinda nice" items than one "big item," I think. Having multiple items seems less boring, and like losing one wouldn''t be so chancy. Hypothetically speaking..

I know people who have a jewelry set (costume or real) to match their outfits style, colors, etc. perfectly. They''re classy, and have understated elegance. Usually it''s "old people" who carefully choose their outfits and jewelry, preferring a small wardrobe of quality, instead of a plethora of cheaper items. I haven''t seem many people (anyone?) my age do that, except some put together "cute" outfits-- it just doesn''t have the same level of elegance for some reason. I wish I could be like that, and buy in "outfits," instead of separate items that don''t match. For example, they would put together an outfit of tastefully matched clothes, shoes, scarf, shoes, bag, jewelry, makeup. That is one skill that I definitely DON''T have, but wish I did.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Umm yes, all of the above.
31.gif

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I love earrrings:) LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them.

Although, since joining PS I''ve gotten into rings as well and now want a few stackers (rose gold bezel aternating diamonds of E-W marquise and round, a yellow gold etoile style band, and an alternating sapphire and diamond round bezel band like the one on BGD site are my current faves), but we''ll see what I actually get next year:).

I am a sapphire girl through and through, but my ering sapphire I think will remain my one and only, my DH would be sort of sad if I got another sapphire. Maybe sapphire earrings down the line, or a sapphire band, but not a significant sapphire ring.

I now love diamonds and my collection has exploded in the past 6 months
37.gif
to include my leverback dangle earrings, and soon a five stone RHR which is being shipped and a bezel pendant that is currently in production
36.gif

After that, my budget for the year is done, but I wouldn''t mind next year getting some pearl, diamond, sapphire drop earrings
27.gif
and a rose gold band of some sort.

I also wear other unique jewelry, including gorgeous paper beads from beadforlife.org which are made by Ugandan women out of old magazines:)

Earrings are, and will always be, my fave:)

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
1-rings
2-earrings
3-necklace and/or pendant
and/or tied at #3-pins.

mz

stci

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2010 12:06:00 PM
Author: movie zombie
1-rings
2-earrings
3-necklace and/or pendant
and/or tied at #3-pins.

mz
Same for me!
36.gif

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Rings, followed by pendants/necklaces then earrings. Bracelets and pins don''t really make it on to my radar.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rings are my absolute favorite, ever since I was a little girl! I love all rings, but diamond rings are my favorite
36.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Stop!! Wait a minute. Okay...proceed. I had to stop and look at Kismet''s rings.

That is quite a collection my dear!! Niiiice.

I''m a necklace and earring girl. I need to get detachables for my studs and reset my pendant. I can''t stand bangles on my wrists, but I love my peace charm bracelet.

I want to do rings. I am learning to do rings. I guess I just want to look at my jewelry now, instead of wanting others to look at it. Great question whitby.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Great thread idea Whitby! The jewelery I have the most of and obsess the most about is watches! I have some earrings and I like the idea but I always just wear my studs or plain gold hoops and I wear the same James Avery cross almost every day, I have a few other necklaces but they do not enchant me like my old watches do! I have mostly art deco style or vintage diamond watches although I just bought a new bulova that is awesome!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Incredibly interesting responses.

It’s not surprising, I suppose, that rings get the most votes; they tend to be a) the big ticket item and b) the piece we see the most so can enjoy the most.

But I was particularly interested to see answers like ‘watches’ or ‘pendants’.

miraclesrule - what is a peace charm bracelet? I think i’ve heard talk of this in this forum, but never seen it. Feel free to post a photo on this thread…. (ALWAYS feel free to post photos!)

Icom – I’d love to see a photo of your fave watch.

D*D - do you have more than one diamond ring? If you have a collection, I’d love to see it…

xlent I’d love to see your garnet ring!

ringthings, I LOVE antique costume jewelry. I’ve tried to work out my signature piece to respond to your thread, but I keep umming and ahhing…

Michelle - your collection is almost boundless. It’s clear you like everything!!

bella_mezzo - can you tell us about your bezel pendant?

mz or stci, can you tell us why you like rings so much? Feel free to post a photo of your favorite ring with an explanation to tell us why.

kismet, your collection of rings is unbelievable. Perhaps if I had your rings, they’d be my #1 thing too :)

Rachel, I love bracelets too. Do you have a favorite? What’s it like?

I’m getting pearl and diamond earrings this year, so I suspect that might scratch a major itch for me….

thanks for posting about your favorites, ladies :)

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
absolutely rings! can''t get enough of em..
upgraded erings, anni rings, RHR''s, coloured stone and diamond rings, vintage gold bands, stackers - never enough, ha ha..
9.gif

after that, in terms of what do I wear:

bracelets
pendants

and I own some nice ones but just never seem to wear earrings (even though I have 5 holes!)..
perhaps I need some diamond studs to bring me around
31.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I love pendants. I can''t really wear rings at work, so I love to have different pendants. I have a lot of different pendants and I like to switch chains around, esp. rose gold for white gold. I have a couple of roberto coin tiny treasures pendants and love to wear them. Sometimes two or three at a time since they are small, or two or three on a single chain. I have a simon g pendant that I got in July for my 16th anniversary and it''s my most favorite. It has a rose gold butterfly "captured" in a teardrop and I love it, although it is a tad big. My other favorite, which used to be my favorite, is a roberto coin butterfly pendant. I tend to wear that more because it is smaller.

Earrings are okay. I have a few pairs, but I don''t love earrings so much that I would spend a lot of money on them. I would not be comfortable wearing more than one carat on each earring though, no matter how much money I have. For me, the perfect size would be about .50 carat on each ear.

I like bracelets, but again, only like to have a few and would not spend a whole lot of money on them.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
cant decide! I have a real weakness for neckchains,rings and sterling cuff style bracelets.currently I want everything i see that i can put on my wrist!

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Necklaces! more accurately pendants. I love dainty pendants. Just on sunday I got one that says on one side "in the eyes of a cat, everything belongs to a cat" and on the other a picture of a little girl and her cat and the words "cat lover". I also have a diamond K necklace for my name. I have a couple Tiffany''s necklackes too, although it bugs that LKJFLKFDSJ out of me that you can''t use the chain for other pendants. Boo. I also make a lot of my own pendants. Right now I am wearing one that is a white feather (made of something, it''s a bead) that has a blue bead above it. Then earrings, then rings.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
My order of preference is:
Rings
Pendants/Necklaces
Earrings
Bracelets

I love being able to look at my jewelry, but I can''t stand wearing bracelets (why they are at the end of my list).

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I would say... rings! I love rings because I can enjoy them the most.

I used to be an earring nut; but since I got my studs, they''re all I wear. I''ve saved a lot of money not buying new earrings now! I''m definitely not a bracelet girl. I love wearing necklaces in the summer!

Rings rings ring! LOOOVE your new LM, Whitby!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rings first then earrings. I like pendants and bracelets too but don''t have as many of them.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
my ering is my first love
1.gif

the two rings my grandparents gave me years ago are close seconds.

Somewhere rather further behind are studs, then danglies.. hoops don''t make the list.

now bracelets

and now everything else. Necklaces get a negative score.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1) necklaces
2) earrings

Surprisingly, for a PSer, I actually don't like rings all that much (except for my wedding set). I always feel like I have to be extra careful doing things with my hands when I wear rings so as not to scratch them or lose stones, and I don't like that.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
My two favs are earrings and necklaces. Diamonds, of course, but also enjoy the occasional fashion piece. I do not like bracelets AT ALL and for rings, only wear my wedding set. For some reason, rings do kind of bug me. My ring finger likes to be nekked at home, but DH gets mad and plays tricks on me when I take my set off. Once he hid them from me to make a statement. He plays with his ring, though, and once it fell between the slats of boards on a deck at a resturant and he had to climb under it to get it.
37.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
how many of you ring lovers wear a RHR? do you switch it out? do you have a collection? i''m with MC - i prefer nothing on my hands at home and, despite having quite a large ring collection, only wear them on my wedding finger. i oh-so-occasionally will split them up and wear them on my wedding finger and the pinky next to it if going out somewhere very blingy - but we''re talking maybe once every 6 months.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whitby, that''s a shame. Your poor rings must be lonely!

I too love rings. They have so many different identities and are so versatile. I only wear them on my two ring fingers though. I have my ering and wbands on my left and a silver T&Co band on my right. I swap out the right hand a lot though.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Rings--oh my yes. I even coordinate my rings with my night gowns!!! I hae to wear at least three at a times...on my wedding ring finger I wear my upgrade with the original band, a thin ruby and diamond band and a fake 5 stone. {I''m working on getting that replaced with a real one
31.gif
} On my right hand I wear either a sapphire, ruby or diamond vintage style.

Earrings--not so much. My piercing has stretched and I should have them sewn and repierced--maybe when I get back to work
32.gif
I like basic studs that I can sleep in. I also like really dangle-y ones. I wear them during the day sometimes--even when it might not be appropriate!

Necklaces--I like something I can keep on for several days at a time...but I have a large collection of beads. I have a dianmond snowflake, key, solitare and heart. When I am working I wear a lot of Chanel-style {
39.gif
jackets and wear them. All different sizes and colors.

Pearls--I have three really fine strands and several fakes and I wear them equally.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2010 7:42:26 PM
Author: whitby_2773
how many of you ring lovers wear a RHR? do you switch it out? do you have a collection? i''m with MC - i prefer nothing on my hands at home and, despite having quite a large ring collection, only wear them on my wedding finger. i oh-so-occasionally will split them up and wear them on my wedding finger and the pinky next to it if going out somewhere very blingy - but we''re talking maybe once every 6 months.
i am never without a ring on my right hand.Currently my tungsten band gets around the clock wear(except when im not at work)I dont wear much jewelry while im at home,but rarely leave the house without jewelry on.Over the years ive enjoyed a large collection of rings,but wont add to the collection anytime soon.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2010 7:42:26 PM
Author: whitby_2773

I always wear my wedding set + (usually) my sapphire eternity band on my left ring finger. I usually have a ring on my right hand. I have a few rings sized for my middle fingers and sometimes I''ll wear rings on both ring and middle finger and sometimes just one or the other, depending on how I feel. Admittedly, wearing multiple rings did feel weird at first but I got used to it pretty quickly.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Toughie. But if pressed, I might say, watches. Regardless of the occasion, I always were a watch. Watches can be great jewellery pieces--from old world to new. If $$ were no object, I''d have a dozen or so--from basic to ultra blingy.

Rings rank second tied with earrings. Bracelets third and necklaces and pearls last.

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results