shape
carat
color
clarity

what is this called--

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
I love it when ring has a design underneath the stone touching the finger like this-
4.jpg

and
r209-29W.jpg

I know Gregg Ruth also does it as his maker''s mark. Nice.

Anyone know the name of this?
Also, does it have any effect on the look of the stone when it''s being worn?

Camellia

Shiny_Rock
Is that called filigree work?

I have a sapphire ring (estate jewellery - know idea how old but I''ve had it for 20 years) that has that has, what I call, a filigree basket. I don''t think it affects the look of the stone.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The place is smetimes calles "undercarriage" and the type of metal work "piercing" or "cutout". The same type of decoration can be done filigree too, of course and there are quite a few ways of making rings look nice bottom up
2.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
I really love rings that have that type of metal work underneath. It makes it feel more substantial and that they finished the piece of jewelry and didn''t cut any corners.

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/24/2004 2
6.gif
6.gif
7 PM
Author: Feydakin
I like to refer to it as art, craftsmanship, quality, heirlooms :) you get the idea..
That''s exactly what it is. Complete attention to detail even though no one will see it unless it''s taken off to show it. I absolutely love it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results