shape
carat
color
clarity

what is the thinnest (non custom) platinum spacer ring avaliable?...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
my wife''''s 5 stone ring is eating up her e-ring prong.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
DF,
I don''t know that I''ve ever seen any plain spacer bands sold. there is this wisp band from Michael B which woundn''t work but it''s the only one i''ve seen. Good luck
1.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my spacer. It is a plain band, 2mm, with hidden sapphire. It works well between my 5 stone and ER.

cmsspacer2.JPG

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
DF, I''m sure that you could get anything you want custom made. But 2mm is probably just about the thinnest type of band or spacer ring that I''ve ever seen in stock anywhere. I kind of wonder though, if anything thinner than 2mm would even be worth using? I think that thinner than that, a spacer would have little or no effect. I used my own rings as an example. Thinner than 2mm, it seemed like the girdles of the diamonds in my band ring might still come into contact with the prongs of my ering. I originally had my 5 stone band ring made to wear with my solitaire, but had the same trouble...the girldes of the diamonds were scratching up and wearing on the prongs of my Ering. I have short fingers, and didn''t really want the width of an added spacer ring between them, so I just decided to wear my diamond band ring as a RH ring, and I got a channel set band ring to wear with my Ering.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks guys,maybe i can check Costco to see if they have a 2mm platinum band.

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
http://www.e-weddingbands.com/store/plathr2info.html

2mm platinum domed for $183 in platinum, although if I recall mine were cheaper at Whiteflash. I''d call Leslie. Also, would not recommend the comfort fit for a spacer because it makes it too thick...........Leslie @ Whiteflash talked me into the regular band and I''m glad she did.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/16/2005 6:14:29 PM
Author: marriahlyn
http://www.e-weddingbands.com/store/plathr2info.html

2mm platinum domed for $183 in platinum, although if I recall mine were cheaper at Whiteflash. I''d call Leslie. Also, would not recommend the comfort fit for a spacer because it makes it too thick...........Leslie @ Whiteflash talked me into the regular band and I''m glad she did.
thanks marriahlyn,i will check on it in the mornning.

karenleah15

Shiny_Rock
I vote for the 2mm band as a spacer. I have one between my 5 stone and ering. Works great!! And after all, A girl can never have too much platinum!!!
Plus when she is doing work around the house or anytime she doesn''t want to wear her diamonds the 2mm works great as a simple wedding band!!

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
OR, you could do what I did and get her a new wedding band for the left hand and have her wear the five stone on her right ;-)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/23/2005 8:47:04 PM
Author: Lynn B

What did you end up doing? And how did you know that the prong(s?) were getting 'eaten up'?

Thanks,
Lynn

PS BTW, if you didn't find something already -- Nan posted this link in another thread:
http://www.signedpieces.com/item.cfm?item_id=747
Lynn
i ended up getting my wife the 2mm plat band as marriahlyn recommend on teh above post. i check the prong (with a loupe) that was making contact with the stones on the w-band. the girdles on the w-band were eatting up the prong.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results