shape
carat
color
clarity

What is an airline?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

karpouzi

Shiny_Rock
Sorry, this is probably a really silly question, but I''ve seen the term used, and I even have a ring that was described as having an airline, and I don''t know what it refers to!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s the tiny gap between a stone and a halo. this ring has a airline:

MPKSP.jpg

no airline:

stiffhalo.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
here is another picture from upgradable, hope she doesn''t mind. Its a bezel airline Beverly K halo, I love this halo
30.gif

100_1188.JPG

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
another picture of that bev k halo with notations.

bevkdt1gld.JPG

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is LaurenTePartier's marquis with a noticeable airline. Its personal perference though.
30.gif
I love it!
original.aspx

karpouzi

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much, DT! I must say, I like the look--it seems to make those settings both substantial and delicate at once.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do agree. those settings are just gorgeous!...

Although if you plan on putting a diamond with a diamond halo, and want the overall look of your diamond to look Bigger then you might want to get a no airline halo so when you look from a distance you perceive the center to look larger than it is. However, if you wanted to accentuate the setting a bit or the center stone, then I love the look of noticeable airline if that makes sense?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results