shape
carat
color
clarity

Watches, Watches, Watches

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
What watch are you currently wearing and/or what''s your "dream" watch?

I thought this might be fun to share.

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
I wear an Omega DeVille (stainless steel) but I want a Cartier Tank Francaise (two tone) for an attainable dream. I don't think I'd ever spend more than that on a watch!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I wear the Movado Harmony bracelet watch, two tone and I would like soon to get the Elira with Diamonds. I also have a couple of Citizens I really like. I know there are nicer watches but I really like Movado's styles.
1.gif

Movados.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I have an inexpensive Casio watch that I got off of ebay but ever since I saw this Cartier on Signed Pieces, I''ve wanted one.

jomashop_1816_31805362

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I absolutely love my stainless steel Ebel Beluga, diamond bezel. Dream watch, the Cartier Baignoire, rose gold + diamond bezel or Tank Americaine diamond bezel. Both are quite "lengthy" and therefore would negate the need for a diamond bracelet on that wrist!

cheers--Sharon

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nan, Casio? I have a black plastic Casio (with black plastic strap) that I got from Sears for $29.95 and I wear that watch more than my others because it glows in the dark. I want to know what time it is when I wake up in the middle of the night. In fact, my mother was making fun of me at dinner the other night because she said it didn''t match my diamonds. I said I don''t care.

My other everyday watch is a Seiko two-tone I got from Sams Club for $79.

I stopped wearing my 14K Baume Mercier everyday (with half inch wide 14K mesh bracelet) because it is NOT water resistant and I got water inside the case once which resulted in a $300 repair bill. Since the bracelet is 14K, I never had it sized to fit my wrist, (didn''t want to throw away good gold, plus the jeweler said you can wear it as a bracelet) and so it falls too far down on my hand. I wear it only for special ocassions i.e. formal nights on cruise ships.

Just bought websailor a stainless steel Rolex "Date". He has small wrists too and the "Date" model had a smaller face than the "Datejust". For him, it was function over brand name. Websailor is NOT into status brands, but I wanted to get him a watch that was WATERPROOF not just "Water Resistant" because he too managed to get water into the Fossil watch that his sister gave him for Christmas a few years back. The condensation inside the watch made it hard to read.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I wear a Michele watch every day. The big face one with all the ice! :) I had a hot pink alligator band but changed it to stainless...goes nicely with my man hands
37.gif

I had a lovely Raymond Weil Tosca with diamonds that I''m sad I got rid of..so I think that would be my dream watch. I want it back. I''m dreamin. LOL

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
I'm really tough on watches and ALWAYS manage to scratch the crystal
emangry.gif
I currently wear an Anne Klein from Stein Mart....scratches and all.....

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Cflutist- that''s funny about the Casio. Hubby here only wears Casio- he says they last forever. Plus he can get many and it doesn''t break the bank.

Here''s my ebay watch. It''s the first watch I''ve worn in about seven years (I don''t know why- blame it on weight gain and fat wrists!)

77_1.JPG

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Well, if we''re talking money is no object, I''d go for this Cartier Panthere with diamonds.
9.gif

Cartier.Panthere.jpg

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always wondered how you clean watches with diamonds on it. Didn''t think you could dunk them in the ultrasonic?

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/22/2004 12:40:30 PM
Author: cflutist
I always wondered how you clean watches with diamonds on it. Didn''t think you could dunk them in the ultrasonic?
Unfortunately, I do not have this probelm [yet].
2.gif
9.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/22/2004 12:37:12 PM
Author: Jennifer5973
Well, if we''re talking money is no object, I''d go for this Cartier Panthere with diamonds.
9.gif

Okay- Now we''re talkin''

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
I would have to say that this is my favourite watch. I love everything about it and after wearing it practically every single day since the beginning of July 2003, the sapphire crystal face still has no scratches on it! The stainless steel case shows wear and tear, but I kind of like that too. I went with the automatic version because I wanted the second hand. I love the second hand, it is so elegant! I also enjoy seeing the inner workings of the watch.

I wish you well,

Bridget

watch.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If money were no object, sigh.

4883_150_J.jpg

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/22/2004 8:20:41 AM
Author:sevens one
what''s your ''dream'' watch?
Something that lets me slow time or makes time go backwards ......

Seriously, I have an Omega Seamaster and a Tag SEL. My wife keeps threatening to buy me a new watch. I''ve been wanting a Blancpain or something like that. A Lange and Sohne, a la Dancing Fire, would be great. In the end I keep saying no. I just can''t justify the 10 or 20 grand it would cost. Funny, I don''t have a problem buying my wife diamonds.

My wife doen''t like watches. I picked up a Tag while in Zurich thar she wears on occasion. I gave her an Eterna dress watch when we were dating that never gets worn.

My deram watch is a the over $500K Patek perpetual that takes a master watchmaker over a year to make. (There''s awaiting list for it)

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
I currently own a Gucci watch which I bought half price during the mid year sales. I actually went out shopping looking for a pair of shoes and ended up with a watch instead.

gucci.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i am currently alternating between these two watches. but i like the Lange & Sohne lot more. it's a 18k pink gold and is made in germany. it's a manual wind watch and the only watch in the world that none of the functions overlaps .the movement finish is top notch probably one of the best in the world. they have a production of about 5,000 watches per a year.. all models combined. compared to rolex, the production, it's about 800,000 per year.

Resize Wizard-1.psd.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Resize%20Wizard-1.psd.jpg

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/22/2004 5:50:59 PM
Author: noobie

Date: 11/22/2004 8:20:41 AM
Author:sevens one
what''s your ''dream'' watch?
Something that lets me slow time or makes time go backwards ......

Seriously, I have an Omega Seamaster and a Tag SEL. My wife keeps threatening to buy me a new watch. I''ve been wanting a Blancpain or something like that. A Lange and Sohne, a la Dancing Fire, would be great. In the end I keep saying no. I just can''t justify the 10 or 20 grand it would cost. Funny, I don''t have a problem buying my wife diamonds.

My wife doen''t like watches. I picked up a Tag while in Zurich thar she wears on occasion. I gave her an Eterna dress watch when we were dating that never gets worn.

My deram watch is a the over $500K Patek perpetual that takes a master watchmaker over a year to make. (There''s awaiting list for it)
noobie
a Patek Philippe perpetual will run about $60k retail, Lange & Sohne about $55k.if you are looking for a perpetual watch take a look at Jaeger-le coultre( best value) stainless steel about $13k retail ,beautiful in-house movement,although not quite the same league as Patek or Lange.

Camellia

Shiny_Rock
Ok - here''s my Evidenza. The diamonds are really bright and sparkly and reflect great colours in the light.
9.gif

evidenza4.jpg

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Well, thanks to Camellia, you can add this to my list.
9.gif

dolcevita.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Great watches-
Dancing Fire I was hoping you would post. That watch is just too cool. I love seeing the inner workings of it.

Jennifer- you can add that one to my wish list too- what the heck!

Camellia

Shiny_Rock
Jennifer - I have a Dolce Vita too. Unlike the picture you posted, mine doesn''t have diamonds but it does have a black dial but it has teardrop markers instead of numerals. I couldn''t find a picture of it with the black dial. I''ll keep searching. Don''t you just love watches with diamonds?!
31.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/22/2004 12:40:30 PM
Author: cflutist
cflutist,
i have used the ultrasonic on rolexes, but if you want to be safe, use dishwashing liquid with a soft tooth brush , rinse with warm water and dry with a towel.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/23/2004 10:25:13 AM
Author: sevens one
Great watches-
Dancing Fire I was hoping you would post. That watch is just too cool. I love seeing the inner workings of it.

Jennifer- you can add that one to my wish list too- what the heck!
sevens one,
yes, i love watches with a sapphire crystal back- where you can see the movements. with lange watches, they can recognize who did the hand engraving on the parts. it's like a signature.

p.s. i had a patek philippe #3919 but i sold it because it had a solid back cover, can't view the movement,right after i sold the watch patek raise their price at least 25% across the line.
29.gif
now i'am thinking about buying a patek #5054 (when you loan me the $$$'s) it has a flip open back cover like a pocket watch ,very neat.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
When my last watch broke I bought a cheap Fossil to tide me over and I''ve been waiting for it to break ever since so I''d have an excuse to get a nicer watch. Unfortunately it''s still going strong!!!

I like vintage-looking watches, so my current dream watch is something like this Franck Muller. I also can''t wear leather bands; they make my skin break out. So, I have to do stainless steel, which is too bad ''cause I prefer the look of leather.

8000lacbacb.jpg

Camellia

Shiny_Rock
Hest88 - you can get that style Franck Muller watch with diamonds too - very nice - and they''ve put out a fun one with different colour numerals but same style. All my watches at the moment are either rectangular or tonneau. I like vintage styles too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results