shape
carat
color
clarity

Watch Authorized Dealer

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jo

Shiny_Rock
If you buy a watch online that is not an authorized dealer what happens if the watch needs repairs?

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Well, that's called "the grey market." I don't know what happens in all cases (you might slip through with the right paperwork and stamps but I'm not going to tell you that you will), but officially, your warranty is void unless you bought the watch from an authorized dealer. This would mean that you could not send it to the watchmaker's official authorized repair center for free repairs if something happens to it (and things do happen to them, that's for sure).

I think personally that it's a better idea to get the prices the internet sellers are charging and negotiate with an authorized dealer using the internet seller price as a base. I.e. internet seller price for x watch + nominal amount (depending on the watch, if it's a super-popular/all the WIS have to have this Limited Edition and have to have it now watch- this won't work). Just say, "I can buy it on the internet for X. I'm willing to pay you X+ add a couple hundred per every $2,000 of value here because I understand that you are a brick and mortar and are offering me customer service etc."

They know you can buy it on the internet and they know you can buy it for a lot less than retail. They will work with you. My 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results