shape
carat
color
clarity

Vintage Jewelry Signed with a V

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glitts

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone..anyone,
I was sifting thru my old jewelry again, and came across a brooch/pin that is 12K Filagree with a diamond (please see photo) it is signed with "1/20 12K" then has a"V" inside of a circle. Can anyone tell me what this means? (I of coarse know that the 12K means 12K gold.
25.gif
)Also this diamond measures 5mm, does anyone have an estimated ct?

nmo817671.jpg

Thanks so much for any responses!
Melissa

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 1/20 may be the diamond weight, could the diamond be 5 points. Is the diamond quite shallow although having 5mm diameter?

glitts

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your response. The diamond is only 3mm in depth. It barely fits inside the fitting, so I suppose it could only be 2mm.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Probably the piece is not solid gold, but gold over some other metal. I believe the 1/20 is the thickness of the gold plating--1/20th of an inch, maybe? That makes me suspect that the stone probably isn''t a diamond, either.

I hope experts will correct me if I''m wrong.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2005 7:20:43 PM
Author: glitterata
Probably the piece is not solid gold, but gold over some other metal. I believe the 1/20 is the thickness of the gold plating--1/20th of an inch, maybe? That makes me suspect that the stone probably isn''t a diamond, either.

I hope experts will correct me if I''m wrong.
Spot on.

loupe

Rough_Rock
The 1/20th mark means that the gold content is 1/20th of the total metal weight of the item if it is gold filled, gold overlay, double d''or, rolled gold, rolled gold plate or plaque d''Or lamine. Hope this helps and doesn''t confuse.

"Gold there is, and rubies in abundance, but lips that speak knowledge are a rare jewel."

glitts

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for all of your help everyone! I really appreciate the responses. There are really great people on this forum!
Thanks Again-
Best Regards
Melissa
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results