shape
carat
color
clarity

Very upset and frustrated!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Did I mention the seller I was in a dispute with mentioned how I had a nice pond in my backyard in one of her many threatening emails (she threatened to sue me over the negative I left her). I suspect she used Google-Earth or something of the sort to find my house, as she did have my address from sending the package. It was completely horrific, and another reason why I dropped the dispute. I am so, so sorry to hear this seller is harassing you. I found that emails sent out of the Ebay message system are basically "not Ebay's business" and they won't help you out at all, and neither will Paypal.
29.gif

ETA: I got the same "we'll investigate but can't share the details with you" when I did try to report it.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I did learn that I could report the incidence to the senders email address "provider"; let me see if I can figure out the details on how to do that.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2010 3:21:39 PM
Author: rhbgirl24
Oooo boy! I just read all of this and

A) I am SO sorry you've had to go through this - I have had to do something similar with Paypal, but wasn't as hard

B) I so commend you on your tenacity to STICK with IT! Good for you and congrats it worked out... makes you not want to use ebay or paypal tho doesn't it?

Hi rhbgirl,

Thankyou for your comments
5.gif
Sorry to hear you have had to go through something similar..
Admittedly, if it was less $ I likely would have given up - but it was over $500, so no way!

Fortunately, after all this was done and buried I found my wonderful new OEC on ebay from a guy that was the nicest, most genuine seller ever - getting that great deal from an awesome seller has restored my faith in ebay, somewhat..

But it is concerning to find out how little paypal is actually on your side in these things, even with piles of proof
7.gif

Considering the seller's most recent emails, I now assume he had accused me of stealing it(to Paypal) from the start, even when he was "playing nice" to my face - I guess this could explain Paypal giving me a super hard time..

I have to admit, with any large purchases to come from ebay now, I plan to video myself opening the package with my phone or camera - it may sound paranoid, but it could save a lot of hassle!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2010 5:10:53 AM
Author: IndyLady
Did I mention the seller I was in a dispute with mentioned how I had a nice pond in my backyard in one of her many threatening emails (she threatened to sue me over the negative I left her). I suspect she used Google-Earth or something of the sort to find my house, as she did have my address from sending the package. It was completely horrific, and another reason why I dropped the dispute. I am so, so sorry to hear this seller is harassing you. I found that emails sent out of the Ebay message system are basically ''not Ebay''s business'' and they won''t help you out at all, and neither will Paypal.
29.gif

ETA: I got the same ''we''ll investigate but can''t share the details with you'' when I did try to report it.

Oh Indy,
that''s awful that she made a point of trying to intimidate you with messages like that - I''m sorry that it worked and you had to drop the dispute
38.gif

There are certainly alot of screwballs out there, that is for sure..

Yes, I didn''t even bother to reply to Ebay''s message - it was so clearly a blanket, "one size fits all complaints" message. I''m assuming they did nothing, but then again his behaviour would be on the mild side of what others have experienced, for sure.

No need to follow up for me on the reporting process Indy, although thankyou for the offer.
Since I stood up to him and called his BS, there has been no further contact, so I''m happy to just move on
5.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I finally read this thread, AJ. Backwards. I had been afraid that it would upset me too much to "get involved" in it. ( I do not have what people used to call "good boundaries" here in the States. I have very porous

boundaries. I empathize a lot with others. I sometimes feel I am others. Sometimes I feel I am abused animals, so I cannot read about them!) I am sure that it is of no interest to you, but I managed to preserve my

fragile mental health by reading backwards after the dispute had been resolved ;-). I am glad that I did not have to live through the tension with you and am even more glad that you had Pricescope friends with the

fortitude to support you through that difficult time! They were friends indeed! That kind of drama makes me crazy!!! My sensitivity makes me a good pal in other sorts of situations, however, so I hope that a time

will come when I will be able to be useful to you!!!

Hugs,
Deb/AGBF
34.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results