shape
carat
color
clarity

Very disappointed in local repair shop - a vent

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a just a bit of a vent mostly but I'm a worrier so posting to make myself feel better.

I used a local jewellery store to change stones for my earrings about a year ago. They did a good job and the cost wasn't high at all. Since then I've decided to have a pair of vintage jade earrings converted from screw back to post back, and also to swap out another stone in a setting. The stone that was in the setting was 4.3 mm and the new stone is 4.4 mm. The jeweller said it was no problem and quoted me a price. I went to pick these things up today. The earrings aren't ready because he had to order more finding. And the prongs on the re-set stone were horrible.

They weren't smooth at all, lacking in metal, and while we were waiting to speak to the guy again DH just started picking at one of the prongs and it fell off. It looked like the guy had just cut the prong back and then bent them over the new stone without making them smooth or adding anymore metal. I noticed they didn't look right so DH asked for a loupe and they were terrible.

I'm supposed to go back next Saturday to pick them up again. I'm a bit worried. I hope it goes well!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok now that would tick me off as well, hopefully they will make it right....good luck.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results