shape
carat
color
clarity

Upgrading Blue Nile diamond stud earrings

mamadelmar

Shiny_Rock
I have a pair of Blue Nile Signature Ideal studs (TCW.90) that I purchased several years ago that I'd love to upgrade. I think a slightly bigger pair will look better on my earlobes. :) Blue Nile, unfortunately, doesn't have an upgrade policy so I was wondering if anyone knows of a PS vendor that would do a trade in/upgrade of Blue Nile studs? I'm rather in love with some of the milgrain bezel studs I've seen posted in SMTB.

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock
Hi - I was just about to tell you that Blue Nile does have an upgrade policy, when I checked it and found that it only applies to diamonds bought after Jan 1, 2011. Sorry!

I also have their Signature diamond ear studs - aren't they the best?? Mine are tcw .70, scoring 1 or below on the HCA. One is an E and one an F. I can't see any difference. All I know is that they shoot fire as if there's a miniature dragon inside each of them! I love them, and have also looked at the upgrade program. But you have to at least double the original spend, and considering how much diamond prices have risen in the last few years, you might not get such a great deal because of that, relative to how much you spend and what you received for your money with the original BN signature suds.

For example, I have a solitaire e-ring of .70, I color, bought six years ago. When I looked at upgrading, I found I was looking at paying approx $2,000 just to go up 2-3 levels in color, even if everything else stayed the same - size, clarity, cut. I decided it wasn't worth it, for me. Anyway, I think that .90 tcw is nice and big, especially considering the fire of the Signature cut makes them look larger than they are!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results