shape
carat
color
clarity

upgrades/settings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bianca07

Rough_Rock
Hello-I''m sorry to be a pest, but I have another question.

I''ve been pondering about how I will be spending 2000 for an eternity band and now I''m thinking maybe I would rather just upgrade my diamond from 1 carat to 1.5.
emotion-14.gif
If I did this could I still keep my original setting or would I have to get a new one to hold the bigger stone? Gosh, I think way too much-it gets me into huge trouble and hubby''s gonna skin me alive, but I''d much rather have the bigger stone and from what I''ve seen here 1.0-1.5 is a difference. A difference I would love to have on my finger!
emotion-5.gif

Right now my stone is H in color and vs2 clarity and the place we got it offers 100% upgrades with receipt-so they claim-but If I have to change settings that''s be way over budget-gosh, just going from the 1-1.5 I hope wouldn''t be over 2500, but I have no clue when it comes to this and would appreciate your help.

Thanks-I swear I''m not completely crazy,
emotion-20.gif
only when it comes to deciding on diamonds-I can never make up my mind! ugggh I don''t know what to do and the day my hubby finds out could be my last-I''ve only been married 2 years!

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Would your current setting be able to take the size increase with just a new head? Can you post pics so we can see? I''m sure the bench experts will jump in and give you some pointers!

The price jump from 1ct to 1.5 is pretty big but you''d get more for your money if you dropped down in colour and clarity. Your local jeweller may be able to offer the 100% trade in but what are their prices like generally?

I''m sure posting in RockyTalky would get more responses if you want help with selecting a stone........

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, the 1.5''s are about double the price of 1.0, and 2.0 is about double the price of the 1.5, if you stay with similar quality.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You''re definitely going to have to drop down in color/clarity...J or K and vs2-Si1. I have a 1.5 J, SI1, and I love it, but I''ve never worn an H, VS2, so I don''t know how I would feel about the color/clarity change.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results